Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th January 2020, 12.52:10   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates blaming fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Given the quote is “There seems to be a divide between the fans and the team", I'm not sure someone who thinks he's only commenting on the divide between fans should be describing anyone else as stupid!
on the contrary.. i stand by my reply anybody who thinks Keates is trying to blame the fans for our performances is stupid. you can try swerve away from it as much as you like. doesnt change my reply and its validity
Old 11th January 2020, 13.12:42   #56-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
on the contrary.. i stand by my reply anybody who thinks Keates is trying to blame the fans for our performances is stupid. you can try swerve away from it as much as you like. doesnt change my reply and its validity
What part of "divide between the fans and the team" do you think DOESN'T involve the team? I'm really curious.

I don't necessarily think Keates is blaming the fans, but he's clearly saying there's a divide between the fans and the team, as shown by the exact words he uses. It may well be that, like the board did recently, he's blaming the team for being terrible, and it's hard to argue with that.
Old 11th January 2020, 13.13:13   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
The blame doesn't lie with the fans, and Keates isn't suggesting that it does. He is saying that the players have to understand that they aren't gods to be worshiped, and that they need to please the fans (by showing determination to win and performing well) in order to win support.

As adults though, we have to understand also that if we have a bad attitude when dealing with shop staff, then we're unlikely to find them helping us to the best of their abilities - even though we're the ones who pay their wages - just the same as with our players.

Pearson too knows that the fans and the players need to be pulling in the same direction. If they don't care about us, they won't do their best for us, and if we think they're not pulling their weight, we abuse them. That gives them a bad attitude towards us which makes us criticise them even more. It is a vicious circle that has to be broken.

People with even half a brain will understand that the prima donnas on both sides must shake hands and agree to stop the rot. Relegation will be the result if neither side does so. Retaining our place this season so that we can fight for promotion to the FL again next season instead of wasting at least two more years for the chance will be the reward.

We love it when our team does well. It makes our day! If getting that feeling back every week means we have to back-off with the abuse to get the players in the right frame of mind too, won't it be worth it not to drop another league? Mature people will do that, while immature ones won't. COYR!!!
Very true !!
Old 11th January 2020, 13.15:00   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
The blame doesn't lie with the fans

then we're unlikely to find them helping us to the best of their abilities

If they don't care about us, they won't do their best for us

both sides must shake hands and agree to stop the rot. Relegation will be the result if neither side does so.

Retaining our place this season so that we can fight for promotion to the FL again next season

If getting that feeling back every week means we have to back-off with the abuse to get the players in the right frame of mind too
This whole message is ridiculous.

Assigning any blame to the fans, which you quite clearly have done numerous times, is insane.

It's not the fans that is playing the worst style of play imaginable, it's not the fans that are putting in an infuriating amount of effort like they did against Aldershot, it's not the fans that take training and get them well drilled and motivated.

Your shop assistant analogy is odd. It only works if the shop assistant was doing the work they were supposed to do. If I'm a loyal customer to a shop and the assistant didn't open up on time, the store was a mess, they were arguing with their manager who didn't care that the assistant wasn't doing their job, they wouldn't get off their phone to serve me, charged me more than my items were worth and told me to f*ck off on the way out my protestations to their shit service wouldn't make them worse. In the same that if I praised them for the work they were doing they're not going to suddenly improve. But who cares right? Both the manager and the players will be gone soon so they don't care either way

How about earlier on in the season? We certainly cared about them back then, we were very supportive in taking 1600 fans to Notts County and did that spur them into action? I seem to recall every player busting a gut, playing out of their skin and battling for everything... oh no wait! It was another can't be arsed performance with no desire to win.

You're saying that we will be releagted because of the divide between fans and club? Well if that's the case then it's the fault of the board for their actions, the fault of the manager for his actions and the fault of the players for their actions. I don't see a single piece of abuse directed at the likes of Luke Young or Rob Lainton, if they're trying their best and showing they care it goes a long way with fans.
Old 11th January 2020, 13.18:05   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Great, when is this chance?
Posted via mobile theme
Elections coming up in the summer, members can vote people onto the WST board and replace the people up for election. You would like to think that would mean those people not elected would no longer be on the club board, although they chose not to clarify this by answering my recent question about it. Still, fingers crossed!
Old 11th January 2020, 13.22:46   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Elections coming up in the summer, members can vote people onto the WST board and replace the people up for election. You would like to think that would mean those people not elected would no longer be on the club board, although they chose not to clarify this by answering my recent question about it. Still, fingers crossed!

No disrespect to you, but would it happen.
Old 11th January 2020, 13.47:09   #61-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
No disrespect to you, but would it happen.
Would what happen? Personal feeling was that the board would probably not immediately get people to rejoin the club board via co-opting them, however I'm unsure and I've been wrong about them in the past so I asked the question in the hope that they'd clarify their position. The fact that they chose not to answer hasn't really made me more confident in it not happening.
Old 11th January 2020, 14.10:19   #62-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
What part of "divide between the fans and the team" do you think DOESN'T involve the team? I'm really curious.

I don't necessarily think Keates is blaming the fans, but he's clearly saying there's a divide between the fans and the team, as shown by the exact words he uses. It may well be that, like the board did recently, he's blaming the team for being terrible, and it's hard to argue with that.
when the fans are booimg he team.. of course he and others would presume their is a divide between the fans and the team. and a divide between the fans themselves.

doesnt mean as you pretty much agree with me above that Keates is blaming the fans for our current position. as he clearly isnt.

its people playing on words and twisting them for their own agenda. in turn generating more disdain towards the management and the board to try justify their hatred towards the current management and board.

thats my perception to these kind of posts anyhow.
Old 11th January 2020, 14.21:08   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
“There seems to be a divide between the fans and the team”
Quote:

he is merely commenting on the divide between the fans
Quote:
when the fans are booimg he team.. of course he and others would presume their is a divide between the fans and the team

its people playing on words and twisting them for their own agenda
You would definitely be the expert on twisting words, looking at your above posts!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.48:08.