RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates blaming fans? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115242-keates-blaming-fans.html)

northwalian dragon 10th January 2020 14.06:19

Keates blaming fans?

“There seems to be a divide between the fans and the team, and that gap needs to be bridged. We need to be united.

“If it is pretty football, that is a bonus, but the fans got right behind the team at Chorley and the lads dug in on a poor surface, they ground out a result.

“The passion was shown and the backing was there. We need to make sure that happens game after game.”

In todays Leader, the fans got right behind them at Chorley and they got a result. Didn't get behind them (rightfully so) and we lost to Aldershot

The cheek of the bloke who stated he needed to build bridges between fans and himself and has done it by walking straight down the tunnel after losses, letting one of his players tell the supporters to f*ck off, not taking on any blame for the problems at the club and now seemingly blaming the fans

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/18151170.dean-keates-insists-wrexham-afc-still-pulling-power-comes-attracting-new-signings-despite-lowly-league-position/[/url]

dagg 10th January 2020 14.10:19

Re: Keates blaming fans?

Well that's a change.

krux 10th January 2020 14.10:47

keates out.

moynkeepthefaith 10th January 2020 14.13:54

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2334682]“There seems to be a divide between the fans and the team, and that gap needs to be bridged. We need to be united.

“If it is pretty football, that is a bonus, but the fans got right behind the team at Chorley and the lads dug in on a poor surface, they ground out a result.

“The passion was shown and the backing was there. We need to make sure that happens game after game.”

In todays Leader, the fans got right behind them at Chorley and they got a result. Didn't get behind them (rightfully so) and we lost to Aldershot

The cheek of the bloke who stated he needed to build bridges between fans and himself and has done it by walking straight down the tunnel after losses, letting one of his players tell the supporters to f*ck off, not taking on any blame for the problems at the club and now seemingly blaming the fans

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/18151170.dean-keates-insists-wrexham-afc-still-pulling-power-comes-attracting-new-signings-despite-lowly-league-position/[/url][/QUOTE]

He is either incredibly naive or very stupid and I know which I think. Fans will always react positively to a win though ,to be fair, many on here (not me) bemoaned the style and warned of things to come after Chorley. Our fans are absolutely incredible and he should say so. Anyone watching the Aldershot game would be astonished at how lenient we were IMO.

BertieDragon 10th January 2020 14.18:51

Very few footballers or ex-footballers could claim to be the sharpest knife in the box. This statement is just another example!

subbuteorob 10th January 2020 14.19:55

Watching the Amazon Prime thing about Leeds and how hard the players and coach work. Said prior to Bielsa the players did a couple of hours a day. Now they do full days. All players are fitter and improved technically.

I'm not expecting a Bielsa but the coaches need to up their game. They don't even "talk the talk" let alone "walk the walk ". I'm sure the fans would get even more behind the team if we saw a lot more effort and passion from both the players and coaching staff. Embarrassing for a professional club.

LlayDragon 10th January 2020 14.26:46

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2334687]He is either incredibly naive or very stupid and I know which I think. Fans will always react positively to a win though ,to be fair, many on here (not me) bemoaned the style and warned of things to come after Chorley. Our fans are absolutely incredible and he should say so. Anyone watching the Aldershot game would be astonished at how lenient we were IMO.[/QUOTE]

He's poisonous, which gives him carte blanch to say pretty much anything.

NottsRed 10th January 2020 14.27:54

[QUOTE=subbuteorob;2334690]Watching the Amazon Prime thing about Leeds and how hard the players and coach work. Said prior to Bielsa the players did a couple of hours a day. Now they do full days. All players are fitter and improved technically.

I'm not expecting a Bielsa but the coaches need to up their game. They don't even "talk the talk" let alone "walk the walk ". I'm sure the fans would get even more behind the team if we saw a lot more effort and passion from both the players and coaching staff. Embarrassing for a professional club.[/QUOTE]

By the sound of it we've done a couple of hours max this week training.

sparky 10th January 2020 14.38:34

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2334687]He is either incredibly naive or very stupid and I know which I think. Fans will always react positively to a win though ,to be fair, many on here (not me) bemoaned the style and warned of things to come after Chorley. Our fans are absolutely incredible and he should say so. Anyone watching the Aldershot game would be astonished at how lenient we were IMO.[/QUOTE]

This.

He's thick as two short planks, then again, some super intelligent folk who follow this club also have a habbit of blaming the fans so he's in good company.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.22:51.