Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th January 2020, 08.57:23   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd
Twitter: @vegastaffy

Default Re: Josh ginnelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Re your ' Bloody Dragon' theory

Something in the dragon theory. In the Christmas build up John Lewis introduced Edgar the Dragon for its advertising drive. Guess what ! John Lewis sales slumped leading to their managing director having to leave her post.

Dragons are clearly not the most reliable of creatures
and can lead to the resignation of directors
And they feed off an exclusive diet of female virgins - which is why they have died out in Wales!

Last edited by stalybridge sheepshagger; 12th January 2020 at 09.01:58..
Old 12th January 2020, 10.51:49   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalybridge sheepshagger View Post
If he has any talent and self respect why would he want to sign for a club struggling at the foot of the Conference?
Seems he is a long way down the pecking order at PNE - so just playing football and gaining 'game time' would be my guess.
But would be surprised not only by the player but moreso by PNE for sending him to a basket case club trying to stay in the National League - that's a big drop down from the Championship - there must be better options out there for a player with undoubted talent - but who are we to know how these things work - perhaps location suits and that important factor - money.
Old 12th January 2020, 12.14:50   #43-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Doesn't really matter anymore does it? The only recruiting this club should be doing is for a new manager. But thats only the thinking back here on earth.
Old 12th January 2020, 12.19:35   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Doesn't really matter anymore does it? The only recruiting this club should be doing is for a new manager. But thats only the thinking back here on earth.
Yup.

Bringing more players in under Keates just makes the shit layer on the wall thicker.
Old 12th January 2020, 12.42:30   #45-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Yup.

Bringing more players in under Keates just makes the shit layer on the wall thicker.

And the budget for his replacement thinner!

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=4920
Old 12th January 2020, 13.30:32   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
And the budget for his replacement thinner!
Indeed.

I'd rather spend money on getting rid of Keates, Davies and Darlington.

Sadly the Funboy Three on the board can't be trusted to recruit better.

Groundhog say.
Old 12th January 2020, 13.52:07   #47-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
The difficulty is what manager in their right mind would come here currently? Nearly, if not everyone is of the opinion that the squad is poor and thae club is being badly run. Not really an appealing prospect. Another change in management would further support the view of the club as a basket case. Would that make it 7 in the couple of years?
Sam Ricketts jumping ship in the way he did coupled with the way it was handled highlights the shambles at board level. I would expect that SR saw little chance of success long term and cut his loses. Add that to the circus around the Barrow appointment then departure then the club seems to be in disarray.
Can we expect the club to find the right man for the job. Recent history suggests not.
Old 12th January 2020, 13.59:28   #48-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotyns View Post
The difficulty is what manager in their right mind would come here currently? Nearly, if not everyone is of the opinion that the squad is poor and thae club is being badly run. Not really an appealing prospect. Another change in management would further support the view of the club as a basket case. Would that make it 7 in the couple of years?
Sam Ricketts jumping ship in the way he did coupled with the way it was handled highlights the shambles at board level. I would expect that SR saw little chance of success long term and cut his loses. Add that to the circus around the Barrow appointment then departure then the club seems to be in disarray.
Can we expect the club to find the right man for the job. Recent history suggests not.
I agree we are not an attractive prospect.

The only way anyone half-decent would come here is with their own management team. That means Keates, Davies and Darlington definitely out.

I am convinced that someone else could get a better tune out of our current players than they are showing. Even if not to the same level as Ricketts it should be enough to keep us up.
Old 12th January 2020, 15.37:58   #49-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Everybody keeps complaining about Harris and Co but please tell me RP posters how do you get rid ? Lots of spouting but no ideas.
Old 12th January 2020, 15.41:38   #50-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Everybody keeps complaining about Harris and Co but please tell me RP posters how do you get rid ? Lots of spouting but no ideas.
Put club up for sale. Sell club. Resign.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.45:18.