Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th January 2020, 17.54:51   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bamfords match day

Thanks for that head up Dave.

Hoping I can make those dates.

Shinner gave me his rubber studded adi training boots back in the 77/78 season and I had them hanging on my wall for about 15 years. I recall he also gave Nic Harrison a pair. So gutted when Shinner went to Man City.

And am sure you remember Bobby Roberts was appointed by my father. I remember watching the classic World Cup 1982 match Brazil v Italy with Bobby at our home in Gresford.
Old 12th January 2020, 19.31:14   #12-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

I've been there to hear Bobby Shinton talk before. Cracking stuff to be fair.
Old 12th January 2020, 21.00:13   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Thanks for that head up Dave.

Hoping I can make those dates.

Shinner gave me his rubber studded adi training boots back in the 77/78 season and I had them hanging on my wall for about 15 years. I recall he also gave Nic Harrison a pair. So gutted when Shinner went to Man City.

And am sure you remember Bobby Roberts was appointed by my father. I remember watching the classic World Cup 1982 match Brazil v Italy with Bobby at our home in Gresford.
Who was your father WK?
Old 13th January 2020, 00.13:44   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
Who was your father WK?
R.E.A. Clark (Bob)

Dad was firstly treasurer of the centenary club, then a club director for about 25 years. He was then Chairman for a year (1982) and then vice president and finally Life President.

As those who knew him will know, he dedicated much of his life to Wrexham AFC. I only wish he was still around and able to help the club get back on its feet.

He passed away in 2002 just when Gutterman had arrived on the scene and I remember him telling me he didn't like him and trusted him not one iota. Thankfully he never had to witness the Alex Hamilton days.

I'd never really posted that before but we are now in such dire straits that I only hope he can do something for us from up above.
Old 13th January 2020, 06.53:46   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
R.E.A. Clark (Bob)

Dad was firstly treasurer of the centenary club, then a club director for about 25 years. He was then Chairman for a year (1982) and then vice president and finally Life President.

As those who knew him will know, he dedicated much of his life to Wrexham AFC. I only wish he was still around and able to help the club get back on its feet.

He passed away in 2002 just when Gutterman had arrived on the scene and I remember him telling me he didn't like him and trusted him not one iota. Thankfully he never had to witness the Alex Hamilton days.

I'd never really posted that before but we are now in such dire straits that I only hope he can do something for us from up above.
Total respect for your dad. It’s people of his ilk that are needed to support Dixie in ensuring that the clubs best interests are correctly driven.
Old 13th January 2020, 08.21:23   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Total respect for your dad. It’s people of his ilk that are needed to support Dixie in ensuring that the clubs best interests are correctly driven.
Thanks, that would have meant a lot to him. He knew Dixie well and was also Joey's personal accountant.
Old 13th January 2020, 13.57:14   #17-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
R.E.A. Clark (Bob)

Thanks WK, I'd not realised you were Bob Clark's son or daughter. you should be very proud of the part he played in WAFC's history.
Old 13th January 2020, 14.02:12   #18-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

The likes of Bob Clark were streets ahead of the current shower running our club!
Old 13th January 2020, 14.08:21   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

What a great childhood WK must have had, growing up in and around the club in great times.
Old 13th January 2020, 17.54:18   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Thanks very much RR, Cyn, WrexhamO,

I was incredibly lucky and especially that I started following the club in 1974 as a young kid, just when the amazing years were about to unfold.

Sadly the best example of how far our club has fallen, was before we played Liverpool in the QF of the league cup in 1978 (when they were reigning European Champions) their club secretary Peter Robinson said to my dad before the game " I envy you Bob, Wrexham play to win with no fear and do it with a smile on their face, but we feel so much pressure and expectation to win."

But there obviously was some stress at times and in the 80's the financial constraints led to a big overdraft at the club with each director having to place their own family home as bank collateral. When your faced with such personal financial risk it really does sharpen the brain.

But dad wouldn't have changed any of it for the world. He loved the club and being among the fans and players and knew it was a great privilege to represent Wrexham AFC.

He was a big believer in youth development and the importance of raising our own players and selling them on after they had represented the club badge and excelled. Such as Joey and Mickey T.

So about 5 years ago I donated £5K to the club to help set up the Bob Clark Scholar Of The Year Award.

I only wish I could do more to help. I have always supported the WST, but it's ownership of the club has not worked in the way we all hoped, so we now have to find other ways to create the significant investment streams our club needs to succeed and identify the right type of leaders onto the club board to do it.

Apart from the desperate need to have a decent football team, coach and manager to get back into the football league, I'm a big supporter of the DSA and the work they do. It' perhaps currently the only aspect of the club that we can all feel proud of in 2020.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.45:03.