Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th January 2020, 19.51:21   #64-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Civic Leadership Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
There were 2 approaches I believe and the members were informed at one of the recent AGM's.
It was suggested that one had a smell of money laundering and the other was a foreign party looking to ship in youngsters. (Don't remember all the details)
Were these both recent approaches and the members informed recently, or historical approaches and members informed recently, or historical approaches and forgetful members reminded that they had been told historically?
Old 14th January 2020, 19.55:48   #65-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Were these both recent approaches and the members informed recently, or historical approaches and members informed recently, or historical approaches and forgetful members reminded that they had been told historically?
I think it's the latter.
Old 14th January 2020, 20.08:52   #66-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
There were 2 approaches I believe and the members were informed at one of the recent AGM's.
It was suggested that one had a smell of money laundering and the other was a foreign party looking to ship in youngsters. (Don't remember all the details)
Hi Quay Red. - how do you know this ? You are always claiming that you don’t have insider information , but here you are claiming to know information on something that is incredibly sensitive. If you are just going on something that was said to you by a member of the board, can I suggest that you question it because the board are disreptuble liars. Most of us don’t believe anything they say.
Old 14th January 2020, 20.11:33   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Any sound info would be minuted at an AGM and on the WST site.

But this is about the Civic leadership group

Last edited by Inside Left; 14th January 2020 at 20.12:48..
Old 14th January 2020, 22.15:43   #68-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Any sound info would be minuted at an AGM and on the WST site.

But this is about the Civic leadership group
The recent q & a part 3 answered the question about recent investment approaches
Old 14th January 2020, 23.48:00   #69-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Hi Quay Red. - how do you know this ? You are always claiming that you don’t have insider information , but here you are claiming to know information on something that is incredibly sensitive. If you are just going on something that was said to you by a member of the board, can I suggest that you question it because the board are disreptuble liars. Most of us don’t believe anything they say.
Foxy. Don't remember all the details but it was in a formal members meeting that the board answered the question.
My comments were based on my recollection.
Non of the info was sensitive as names were withheld.
Old 15th January 2020, 00.13:30   #70-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Smell of money laundering... Shouldn't we of informed the Police.
Old 15th January 2020, 01.53:09   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Smell of money laundering... Shouldn't we of informed the Police.
I dont know what the expectations are for a football club, but i know a number of types of business have a legal responsibility to report cases where money laundering is suspected. I think there are a few different laws which apply, but terrorist financing and money laudering regs sprang to mind immediately.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...gulations-2019

That paper linked above outlines the 2020 amends coming into effect, and therefore not applicable at the time but the key point being that paper calls out that these apply to all organisations.

Fairly harsh penalties involved for failure to comply with these types of laws, not always proportional to organisation size/wealth because of the "war on terror"... Failing to report i think is considered turning a blind eye.

In short the answer to your question is, yes most likely were required to report this if genuine suspicion.
Old 15th January 2020, 06.11:39   #72-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

More relevant to this thread...

So what is the 8 point plan put forward to improve the town of Wrexham ?

Specifically what are the 8 points and how exactly is Wrexham A.F.C. going to help implement this?

I would think that it would be very helpful to firstly have a thriving football club and then for the empty Kop end which is a gateway entrance into the town to be completely redeveloped and utilised with a high profile business entity or organisation that supports and complements Wrexham AFC. A Wrexham Lager micro brewery for example.

In this day and age when large volumes of paper can be printed with brand logos, I often see a great deal of glitzy document policy but it often comes with very little activity or delivery.

Wrexham Council and the Welsh Government have been dreadful in representing Wrexham and investing strategically in our town for far too long. It needs to change.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.06:26.