Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th January 2020, 11.05:22   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Civic Leadership Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL11 2AH View Post
Chairman Spencer Harris?
Posted via mobile theme
I didn't make this clear as he chairs the Football club board meetings. NOT chair of this Leadership group.

I should also have said there are a couple of business people on this group who have a strong business record in town and have given freely of their time to put on events which benefit our community.

It could be that this initiative stems from suggestions from The former Business Group (Made roughly 8 years ago).

So its good that there is some movement and that the club is getting involved. As it has already been mentioned - any involvement takes an individuals time and knowledge .
Old 13th January 2020, 11.14:38   #11-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Spencer works tirelessly for the club its an amazing effort and I am so grateful,. Get some relevant modern football advice in and that will compliment his skill set and hard graft.

people who give him a hard time really are beyond the pale.
I'm convinced there's no hope for this club with goons like this spouting complete crap.

We're about to be relegated to the 6th tier for the first time ever, will have to go part time and will fold within 2 years.

As long as we work hard though eh.

It's like some sort of brainwashing cult
Old 13th January 2020, 11.37:42   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Spencer does work hard for the club.........but he and his fellow directors need to get their heads out of the sand and realise there is something fundamentally wrong and things need to change.

I, personally, am not for kicking the whole board out but now more than ever new faces are required, for example is Dixie a DoF or just a patsy for the board?

If he is for real then we need him to complete a full assessment of the playing side from top to bottom and then needs to be backed by the board to implement any changes. If he says nothing is broken then we will know he was just placed on the board to placate supporters.

In the past I have never been one for a paid COE as this would eat into the costs of the club, but now I feel I was wrong in this approach and we should bring somebody in, somebody who could stand up to the board whilst being accountable to them. We need someone like Steve Cook (correct me if I got his name wrong) who came in and built the Commercial Department up before moving to Derby.

Gone are the days of thinking of if it ain't broke don't mend it, but we are now broke and in need of serious change

Last edited by Socrates; 13th January 2020 at 11.38:47..
Old 13th January 2020, 11.50:24   #13-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Spencer works tirelessly for the club its an amazing effort and I am so grateful,. Get some relevant modern football advice in and that will compliment his skill set and hard graft.

Hard work isn't relevant if you haven't got the relevant skills to back it up.
Old 13th January 2020, 11.55:13   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Hard work isn't relevant if you haven't got the relevant skills to back it up.
I think in this instance SH does have the relevant skills and is doing a good job for the club.

It's the football side, and particularly the appointment of managers where he needs help. DK may be struggling atm, but may yet prove to be a good appointment.
Old 13th January 2020, 11.59:46   #15-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
I think in this instance SH does have the relevant skills and is doing a good job for the club.

It's the football side, and particularly the appointment of managers where he needs help. DK may be struggling atm, but may yet prove to be a good appointment.
He's had a say in the last few managerial appointments, which has ultimately led to our downfall. If he has any say in Keates's replacement I'll be astounded.
Old 13th January 2020, 12.03:26   #16-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

The league table suggests otherwise.
Old 13th January 2020, 12.47:42   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:

All the evidence points to Keates being another terrible appointment. The bloke has literally had a few months of decent results and that's it

Won 10 Drew 11 Lost 13 when he took over in 2016 to the end of season
Won 15 Drew 15 Lost 8 2017/18

Went to Walsall:
Won 2 Drew 2 Lost 5 of the 2017/18 season
Won 11 Drew 9 Lost 21 of the 2018/19 season
Staggering winning just 4 games from 26 before getting sacked

Comes back to Wrexham:
Won 5 Drew 2 Lost 8

His points per game in all of these are:

Winning 43 games from 168
Old 13th January 2020, 12.50:41   #18-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Well said, but does Spencer himself see the need for ‘relevant football advice’ ? That is what worries me.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.04:12.