Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th January 2020, 00.06:21   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Players refusing to leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I don't want to put a certain person in shite but lets just say he found it difficult to accept being told he wasn't playing amongst other things.
The more you hear about Keates the more unpleasant a picture is built.
Get rid.
Wrexham needs a proper manager and coach to save us.
Old 17th January 2020, 09.24:05   #47-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I mean they're literally the same person when it comes to coaching. The illusion that Darlington is the shackles holding us back is nonsense. Under Hughes we could at least score goals. Keatesball is dire and god knows what they must do in training. Plus he's a nasty little man, once threatened to "glass" a local referee when he played for the fans team because he didn't give us a corner
Its all making sense now, you played with Keates for supporters (I didnt know he played) and you have a bit more of a feel for him personally. Makes alot more sense to me now.
Old 17th January 2020, 09.28:25   #48-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I mean they're literally the same person when it comes to coaching. The illusion that Darlington is the shackles holding us back is nonsense. Under Hughes we could at least score goals. Keatesball is dire and god knows what they must do in training. Plus he's a nasty little man, once threatened to "glass" a local referee when he played for the fans team because he didn't give us a corner
Dean keates red army
Old 17th January 2020, 10.40:40   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
The more you hear about Keates the more unpleasant a picture is built.
Get rid.
Wrexham needs a proper manager and coach to save us.
Sounds like he suffers from little man syndrome.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th January 2020, 10.49:06   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Unless the players Keates wants out are going to be paid up in full then why would they move?

They’ll just see their contract out and move on in the summer.
Old 17th January 2020, 12.14:59   #51-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Am I alone in thinking Keates is getting a lot of hate when as a player he was fantastic!!

As a manager i get we are frustrated but he is a winner, only need to look as his playing career and the pain barrier ie shoulder injury but played on.

Ill be the first to say I thought he would of had more of an impact, hold my hands up to that but is "Sack him" the answer. Multiple issues with the club, not just the manager.

Just my opinion
Old 17th January 2020, 12.29:59   #52-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfronner View Post
Am I alone in thinking Keates is getting a lot of hate when as a player he was fantastic!!

As a manager i get we are frustrated but he is a winner, only need to look as his playing career and the pain barrier ie shoulder injury but played on.

Ill be the first to say I thought he would of had more of an impact, hold my hands up to that but is "Sack him" the answer. Multiple issues with the club, not just the manager.

Just my opinion
I didn't want him back and nothing has changed performance wise since his return.
But I cant see the point in sacking him as I dont think that will achieve anything. The players are of a very poor standard and unless we sign 8 or 9 experienced players I fear the worst
Old 17th January 2020, 12.34:13   #53-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfronner View Post

Just my opinion
This pretty much aligns with my view. Those who are most vocal either have a personal issue with him having met him and/or still have beef with when and how he left last time. The success he had (albeit incomplete) in his first spell has been airbrushed from history at the expense of the sole charge that he got Walsall relegated (technically incorrect as he was sacked before that was confirmed).

This has been added to by unquestioning acceptance of an anonymous twitter account suggesting a player mutiny against him which again I have seen no evidence for, only the contrary (eg Pearson interview where he suggested Keates should sort out the playing side in the summer, as well as wider club issues, suggesting the opposite of a dressing room that wants him fired).

Keates has under performed and should rightly come in for constructive criticism but I can barely read this board any more when I see how one sided and factually incorrect most of the criticism is.

Before I get the top red criticism I absolutely agree the board are a shambles and many aspects of the club need a radical overhaul and am not against private investment/ownership. My beef is simply with what I see as hugely exaggerated criticism of Keates himself.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th January 2020, 12.44:10   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Some sensible posts at last, we are all desperately upset about where we find ourselves, but the venom being stirred up on here isn't going to do us any favours. The players didnt turn up v Aldershot, but let's get behind them tomorrow and if they don't respond then no issue with letting them know it's not acceptable.

Last edited by davewilli; 17th January 2020 at 12.45:32..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.18:57.