Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th January 2020, 14.03:20   #55-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Players refusing to leave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Some sensible posts at last, we are all desperately upset about where we find ourselves, but the venom being stirred up on here isn't going to do us any favours. The players didnt turn up v Aldershot, but let's get behind them tomorrow and if they don't respond then no issue with letting them know it's not acceptable.
Its not the second game of the season, the players deserve nothing, they've downed tools far too many times this season already.

As for Keates in response to Ben I just think he's a shit manager. The football his teams play is garbage and toothless. He shit on this club and its fans last time he was manager yet this feeble board went crawling back to him because he'd be another Darlington lapdog. So far he's taken us nowhere this season apart from backwards. We're no better off now than we have been all season

By the way his first stint here contained zero success, not sure where that's been dreamed up from?

This board is one sided because of all of the above. All the things people were claiming would happen upon Keates return hasn't. I remember people saying 'he'll make us solid and hard to beat' laughable when you look back.

This is all ignoring the disaster he created at Walsall.

What he did for us as a player has all been washed away now. The attendances took an instant hit when he returned and the club is still suffering this today.

The whole club has a clique stench from top to bottom and is in control of ex dismal jimmy/lager club loons who would rather us end up in the WPL of further down the leagues than admit they are shit at running a football club.
Old 17th January 2020, 14.11:06   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Players should take a leaf out of the fans book as they are leaving in droves
Old 17th January 2020, 14.26:49   #57-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoboy17 View Post
I didn't want him back and nothing has changed performance wise since his return.
But I cant see the point in sacking him as I dont think that will achieve anything. The players are of a very poor standard and unless we sign 8 or 9 experienced players I fear the worst
Its pretty obvious he has lost the dressing room. The last home game should be evidence enough of that

The majority of this squad got us into the playoffs last year and IMHO with Hooper and Patrick upfront we have players who can get us goals.

If the players won't work for him and the current set up then why shouldn't he be sacked? The buck stops with him. Any half decent manager coming in should be able to quickly turn this around an get us safe for the season but we all know the problem with the board.

Keates current record stands on average one win in four with I think one away win. By that record alone he should be sacked and if we keep him on more than likely we will go down.
Old 17th January 2020, 14.27:34   #58-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfronner View Post
Am I alone in thinking Keates is getting a lot of hate when as a player he was fantastic!!

As a manager i get we are frustrated but he is a winner, only need to look as his playing career and the pain barrier ie shoulder injury but played on.

Ill be the first to say I thought he would of had more of an impact, hold my hands up to that but is "Sack him" the answer. Multiple issues with the club, not just the manager.

Just my opinion
I don't do hate personally and as a player yes he was as good if not better than any we have had since down here and yes like most I was impressed with the courage shown by him coming back on with a dislocated shoulder. As time went on he by all accounts became a little poisonous with a team of players kept together to long after failing against Newport.

Having said all that it's don't go hand in hand that good players make good managers and for me he is not a good manager far from it his football or should I hoof it and hope is the worst football ever seen at the Cae Ras, since he has come back their is very little if any improvement, he should never have been brought back after what he did to the fans and players he brought here.

As for cannot be blamed for Walsall being relegated erm sorry but he was there majority of the season and signed a lot of very poor players, the present manager couldn't believe how poor a squad he had.

It's not personal from me I just think he needs to go and take Davies and Darlington with him, the players we have and he took over are better than a lot make out, it's the coaching tactics and man management that's not good enough simple as.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th January 2020, 14.49:10   #59-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoboy17 View Post
I didn't want him back and nothing has changed performance wise since his return.
But I cant see the point in sacking him as I dont think that will achieve anything. The players are of a very poor standard and unless we sign 8 or 9 experienced players I fear the worst
This must mean that over the summer, these players 'standards' dropped significantly and they literally all became crap players in the space of 3 months. Which of course is total bollocks. Not sure why this guff is continually spouted. They came 4th last season.

Shit manager = a shit team. Its that simple and obvious.
Old 17th January 2020, 15.05:52   #60-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Great Player for us, Poor manager.
Its really that simple.
Not all players make great managers despite how successful or liked they have been.
His first spell was horrendous to watch at times but admittedly it was effective until teams realised we were a one trick pony with no back up plan. If we scored first we did well. If we conceded first, we were snookered.

That showed Keates limitations as a manager (and by association, Davies and Darlington too) and I was surprised Walsall took a punt on him. Clearly they had seen our league position at the time rather than actually watched us!

He should never have come back, the Board took the easy option (again).
His style of football hasn't changed, and we don't have the players to be as effective as we were first time around.
Old 17th January 2020, 15.42:02   #61-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This must mean that over the summer, these players 'standards' dropped significantly and they literally all became crap players in the space of 3 months. Which of course is total bollocks. Not sure why this guff is continually spouted. They came 4th last season.

Shit manager = a shit team. Its that simple and obvious.
So what is your solution?

We have 3 and a half months left.

Am I correct in thinking you want to sack the manager + backroom staff and then all the players become good again with the right manager?
Old 17th January 2020, 15.50:11   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfronner View Post
So what is your solution?

We have 3 and a half months left.

Am I correct in thinking you want to sack the manager + backroom staff and then all the players become good again with the right manager?
Or on the other hand stick with a manager who the players and the fans don’t want there and sleep walk into the conference north? As I said just before Hughes was sacked that no manager in the history of football has regained the dressing room once they’ve lost it. #Fact
Old 17th January 2020, 15.55:20   #63-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Or on the other hand stick with a manager who the players and the fans don’t want there and sleep walk into the conference north? As I said just before Hughes was sacked that no manager in the history of football has regained the dressing room once they’ve lost it. #Fact
You say this like I dont know we are in trouble....

What I am asking is if you are in charge of the club now, what is your solution?

...... #Question

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.49:00.