Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th January 2020, 21.17:04   #82-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: The silence is deafening

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
For sake of accuracy , Pete Jones does NOT sit on both boards. He is WST Chairman but not on the WAFC board.
That appears to contradict what many others have been saying but if true I withdraw my comment regarding Peter on the two boards but I assume others are on both boards ?
Old 15th January 2020, 21.26:56   #83-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
That appears to contradict what many others have been saying but if true I withdraw my comment regarding Peter on the two boards but I assume others are on both boards ?
Spencer Harris, John Mills , Gavin Jones , and Mark Williams are on both boards.
Old 15th January 2020, 21.29:37   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Spencer Harris, John Mills , Gavin Jones , and Mark Williams are on both boards.
A closed shop.
Old 15th January 2020, 21.53:42   #85-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
No wonder we are in such a mess . The executive board of WAFC should be monitored and controlled by the WST (owners representative). Looks to me that Spencer and Co can do and are doing what they like without any proper control or management from the WST.
Old 15th January 2020, 22.02:21   #86-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
A closed shop.
I have long argued that the current system of deciding who should be WAFC Directors ( largely self-chosen by the WST elite ) is incompatible with true democracy they claim to believe in. WST members have no real say , which causes people to walk away.
That scenario, in itself , is bad enough. What, over the last few years or so , has made the situation so much worse is the demonisation of anyone who dares to criticise or suggest a different way forward. People I know well , and highly respect ......from DSA committee members , former players , volunteers in all categories , Supporters' group activists ..... are routinely described , and regarded , as "troublemakers " . Sad , very sad.
Old 15th January 2020, 22.35:54   #87-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

The wst board is not fit for purpose there isn’t one person on it who would dare question the ideology of the chosen ones . If they did step out of line Pete would soon quell that . It’s a farce a closed shop and they are worse than any rogue owner
Old 15th January 2020, 22.40:44   #88-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
The wst board is not fit for purpose there isn’t one person on it who would dare question the ideology of the chosen ones . If they did step out of line Pete would soon quell that . It’s a farce a closed shop and they are worse than any rogue owner

^^
This it's made even worse by the fact they are supposed to love the club.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th January 2020, 23.03:40   #89-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
^^
This it's made even worse by the fact they are supposed to love the club.
Posted via mobile theme
They now love the status and position more than the success of the club on the pitch.
Old 16th January 2020, 07.37:13   #90-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
I have long argued that the current system of deciding who should be WAFC Directors ( largely self-chosen by the WST elite ) is incompatible with true democracy they claim to believe in. WST members have no real say , which causes people to walk away.
That scenario, in itself , is bad enough. What, over the last few years or so , has made the situation so much worse is the demonisation of anyone who dares to criticise or suggest a different way forward. People I know well , and highly respect ......from DSA committee members , former players , volunteers in all categories , Supporters' group activists ..... are routinely described , and regarded , as "troublemakers " . Sad , very sad.
I absolutely agree that for true democracy and transparency of the fans ownership process, the members of WST should be able to vote for those who sit on the club board. And those candidates should be viable options, with good football experience and good business credentials.

I met Dave Boyle some years ago who was then the chief Executive of Supporters Direct. He wasn't a true football man really but more of a political strategist and he talked a very good game, but I could see that in reality a fans owned AFC Wimbledon is not necessarily the same thing as a fans owned Wrexham AFC and bespoke solutions are needed for each club which has its own culture.

I did have a great deal of respect for the late Brian Lomax who I thought was a lovely and intelligent man. Brian created the first Supporters trust with the first ever representation on a football club board at Northampton. Am sure Brian would have been very sad to see how it has all unfolded at Wrexham.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.08:31.