Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th January 2020, 18.26:41   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Ever heard of insurance?
We only had 3rd party, fire and theft.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.30:46   #42-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Wrexham AFC announces its retirement as a professional football club.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.33:39   #43-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Good luck Manny, a fantastic pro and Im gutted for him.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.34:18   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Was still a chance he'd play again, it hasn't worked out and it sounds like his contract has now been terminated.

Manny Smith being given a contract hasn't landed us up where we are, plus I bet it was covered by the insurers.
He already had a contract.

It was ludicrous to offer a new deal. Regardless of insurers coughing up (which surely they won’t when we offered an already injured player another contract), we have paid an injured player for half a season, when we could of been paying one that was able to play.

Last edited by Percy Sugden; 14th January 2020 at 18.35:45..
Old 14th January 2020, 18.35:55   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Top man and decent player.

Sad news but once he had the infection it never looked great for him.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.37:03   #46-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
He already had a contract.

It was ludicrous to offer a new deal. Regardless of insurers coughing up (which surely they won’t when we offered an already injured player another contract), we have paid an injured player for half a season, when we could of been paying one that was able to play.
I personally think he deserved the security for being such a great player.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.37:25   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
So what happens next ?

Does a player who's career is cut short through injury insured ?
I was at Solihull and witnessed the incident and watched him being helped off the field - seems a long time ago - well it was - two August bank holiday's back - some are complaining about the club but they did give him a contract extension whilst injured and MS has been given a long opportunity to regain fitness.

We don't seem to have them now like we used to - but I can't help feeling if anyone should be helped with the proceeds of a testimonial then perhaps MS is a deserving case - however it used to be down to some criteria of being at the same club for x of time - but regardless he and his family should be helped somehow (perhaps the answer is there in my first paragraph reference insurance)

Now the peculiar bit - only the other during a post match interview made claim that MS would be back but when pressed wouldn't put a time limit on it.
Perhaps he was just being polite.

Whatever happens just wish Manny the best for the future - unbeatable in the air when faced with a high ball and a bigger forward than himself.
From what ive been told Manny actually recovered from the injury he received at Solihull as seen in him coming back but suffered a slight reoccurence.. It was from this that though that he developed an MRSA staph infection in his knee which destroyed the muscle. This is one the club can't be blamed for that. The club gave him every opportunity to prove his fitness but in the end the muscle damage was to bad. Got told that at the County game and tbh im surprised he hasn't announced this earlier.

A great servant to the club and i would hope in some way he could stay connected in some respect through training or coaching if he can.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.49:03   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Comfortably one of the best players we have had in our non league era. If o key he had leadership qualities he would have played a couple of divisions higher as he had pace, could head, tackle and read a game.
I don't begrudge him is contract at all but I am sad it is soured slightly by the boards secrecy
Old 14th January 2020, 18.51:39   #49-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Sad news.

Manny was a good player and club servant.

Wish him well for the future.
Old 14th January 2020, 18.59:59   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Ever heard of insurance?
It was one of the 81 questions that went unanswered. So I have my suspicions as to why it wasn’t answered

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.01:09.