Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th January 2020, 19.16:48   #55-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Has it been confirmed we took out an insurance policy? If it’s common practice, I fully expect this lot to not have any in place.
No nothing has been confirmed - it's too much of the mushroom syndrome yet again - personally I don't begrudge the club extending his contract and believe many are of the same thinking - what many don't agree with is the secrecy and constant hiding information from the fanbase - Manny Smith at least deserved a chance to prove himself and regain his fitness if it were possible - not disregarded and thrown out like an outcast - the club had a chance to show the fanbase they had done the right thing but chose the polar opposite.

This is what makes Keates recent post match interview all the more baffling when asked about MS - why don't any of them just come out with a completely honest answer.

Tranmere hierarchy have just told their fanbase they have NO money to spend in the transfer window - they might not be overjoyed with the news but at least they think they have been treated with respect and honesty (which wont stop Mickey Mellon wheeling and dealing in swapshop etc)
Old 14th January 2020, 19.20:10   #56-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

thank you for everything you did for this club manny you will be sorely missed by my partner and myself i just want to add that i have met your family at both home and away games and they are lovely people and a credit to you the best header of the ball since we dropped into this division thank you
Old 14th January 2020, 19.22:50   #57-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I get your point, but the owners of the club should be told about things like contract extensions. Do you not agree?
I get it and all of your points against the board are valid, but it would have been nice had this thread been about Manny or football instead of the usual.
Old 14th January 2020, 19.28:41   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Thanks for all your efforts Manny and best wishes for all your future endeavours.
Old 14th January 2020, 19.41:46   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecsam91 View Post
thank you for everything you did for this club manny you will be sorely missed by my partner and myself i just want to add that i have met your family at both home and away games and they are lovely people and a credit to you the best header of the ball since we dropped into this division thank you
Same from me and as Wrexham0 I met his family and they are wonderful. Good luck Manny .CF
Old 14th January 2020, 19.48:13   #60-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

A class act who I’m sure will be well out of the circus that’s unfolding.
You always felt confident with Manny in the team.
Best wishes Manny and the best of luck in whatever you do next.
PS There may be a coaching vacancy coming up soon, watch this space...
Old 14th January 2020, 19.54:55   #61-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Thanks Manny
I take my hat off to you
Decent player and did okay for wrexham
Good luck in what you choose to do next
Old 14th January 2020, 19.58:53   #62-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Ever heard of insurance?
I have.
Not too sure if Manny's employers did as the question was, I believe, once asked but not answered.
My comment was not meant to demean Manny in any way.
To me, like most fans, he is as close as we have had to a legend in recent years.
Insurance would only apply if effected by the club prior to his injury.
Thereafter there would be a punitive pre-existing clause.
Even then the policy may, or may not, covered all the cost and would have carried an excess with both dependant on the quality of the insurance purchased.
Given most other things have been acquired on the cheap I will leave it to you to speculate.
Old 14th January 2020, 20.35:53   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Very sad for Manny.

He was one of the good ones.

Hope his future works out well for him.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.49:27.