RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings Versus Woking (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115286-ratings-versus-woking.html)

Prodigal Dragon 19th January 2020 08.26:41

Ratings Versus Woking

Lainton (7) Made 2 excellent saves and clattered by their CF.

Carrington (7) A few mistakes but mostly sound.

Lawlor (7) Excellent in first-half but strong throughout.

Pearson (7) Strong and organised the defence but his distribution was mostly poor.

Kennedy (7) Best game in a while.

Jennings (6) Better than of late but remains a weak link.

Rutherford (5) Effort as per usual, but little influence.

Young (7) He and Jarvis kept the midfield going in the first-half.

Summerfield (7) Great strike for the goal but looked slow and wayward in the first-half. Big improvement in the second, and excellent penalty.

Jarvis (7) Improved as the game progressed. Did more and better than Redmond and Grant combined. Exciting signing and hope his injury isn’t serious.

Hooper (6) Isolated up front but kept going. However, he did fluff his chances, which raises concerns.

Subs:

Keillor-Dunn (6) Looked a bit rusty but has ability. If we can play he and Jarvis together we will be a threat.

Reid - Lent back and missed a glorious chance.

Oswell - Should have come on earlier.

Woking were a very cynical team and look a mid-table finisher. However, that does not belittle our performance yesterday.

I still think this 5-3-1-1 formation is too defensive — especially at home — and ask if it is to protect Pearson and negate having a weak midfield. With these 2 new signings — with the prospect of yet more new faces before the window shuts — there may be scope to revert to a standard 4-4-2, especially as we have no one capable of doing the wing-back roles.

Finally, although still far from convinced by Keates, he does deserve some credit. He has identified 2 improvements in our failing midfield, and dropped the ‘undroppable’ Grant. Keates has his faults, but credit where credit is due. However, we still have a long way to go, but talk of his losing the dressing-room also seems bollox when judging the effort yesterday. Could it be that Grant was the spanner in the works?

All-in-all, more efforts like yesterday will ensure we ease away from danger. Well done Keates, players and — dare I say it — the Board for supporting Keates with the necessary resources. That doesn’t mask previous poor decisions or the set-up of the WST, but it gives some hope that they are beginning to listen. I hope so because no one wants this club to fail. Despite yesterday’s optimism, we still have a massive task to stay up, with no room to let up the work rate.

krux 19th January 2020 08.32:39

Re: Ratings Versus Woking

Lainton 8 his vital stop was the pivotal moment for me

Carringon 6 fine
Lawlor 7 good with Pearson alongside
Pearson 8 immense
Kennedy 7 see lawlor
Jennings 5 struggled early on, but settled once we were ahead

Young 7 another good display but its good that he wasn't motm again
Summerfield 8 Motm great stuff. Sublime goal
Ruthers 6 typical display, effort, little product but crucially no mistakes like others in that position
Jarvis 7 in and out but looks promising and a good run for the goal

Hooper 6 not involved much but so isolated. Did his best with what he had to work with

Subs
Keillor Dunn nice cameo, looks like a footballer
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dancake 19th January 2020 08.38:57

Lainton - 8

Carra - 5
Lawlor - 8
Pearson - 8
Kennedy - 8
Jennings - 3

Young - 8
Summerfield - 7
Rutherford - 6
Jarvis - 9

Hooper- 6

Subs: no real impact as game had gone. Second new lad looked okay, albeit rusty. Hopefully we have another player who actually wants to get on the ball.

Percy Sugden 19th January 2020 08.45:50

Lainton 8
Carrington 6
Lawlor 6
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 6
Young 6
Summerfield 8
Rutherford 5
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5

John Neals Dynasty 19th January 2020 09.05:07

Lainton 8
Carrington 5
Lawlor 7
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 5
Young 7
Summerfield 9
Rutherford 6
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5

Keates 7 - I will give credit when deserved, he actually didn't look comatose (like the fans) on the touchline for once

Crowd more silent than a church mouse early on but got going when seeing us actually using the midfield more.

Quay Red 19th January 2020 09.19:27

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2337332]Lainton 8
Carrington 5
Lawlor 7
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 5
Young 7
Summerfield 9
Rutherford 6
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5

Keates 7 - I will give credit when deserved, he actually didn't look comatose (like the fans) on the touchline for once

Crowd more silent than a church mouse early on but got going when seeing us actually using the midfield more.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Looks like you saw pretty much the same game as me.
Only difference is I'd have Summerfield and Jarvis both on 8.
The difference a decent midfielder makes is phenomenal, lifted all the players and allowed Summerfield to actually play facing the right way.
The attitude of the team was good from the first whistle which, after 2 weeks off, was a pleasant surprise.

marathonplny 19th January 2020 09.44:20

Hooper and Carra both up to a 6
Other than that I agree

Crowd tried to get involved

Didn’t see Grant anywhere - strange

Let’s see who comes in over the next 10 days
We should have enough to stay up, but even with a few wins since early Dec we are only 2 points from safety.

Need to get 3 pts v the Daggers and a point at Harrogate
Chesterfield will be a 6 pointer

Overall feel more confident after yesterday, but the players need to continue with the improved effort. Great to see Pearson having a go at a few players when things didn’t go quite right or if they didn’t track back. Some of the lost pride returned.

Ddraigoch 19th January 2020 10.22:05

Lainton 8 - played well, 2 good saves and his delaying tactics infuriated Woking.
Carrington 6 - mr dependable and supported the forwards whenever he could.
Lawlor 7 - plays much better with Pearson alongside
Pearson 7 - holds it together (the central 3) really well but can be a bit wayward when clearing his lines
Kennedy 7 - thought he had a really good game
Jennings 5 - he seems to be better when we are attacking the rent a stand. Is that because he gets great support from the crowd on that side.
Young 7 - typical Luke performance mopping up the loose and trying to get us moving forward.
Summerfield 9 - superb strike for his goal and some of his passing was excellent. We were calling him the MoTM after 15 minutes!
Rutherford 6 - lots of industry and didn’t give Woking back line a minute
Jarvis 7 - great debut and looked busy and creative whilst he was on. Legs went in the 2nd half but it’s different playing against NL cloggers as opposed to Championship U21s
Hooper 5 - not sure about the lone striker but when he was involved, he looked decent. Missed 1 great chance.

Davis-K - looked useful and can play
Reid - missed a glorious chance but took 10 minutes to get back into defence after
Oswell - not on long enough and should have been on sooner

John Neals Dynasty 19th January 2020 10.23:48

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2337347]Hooper and Carra both up to a 6
Other than that I agree

Crowd tried to get involved

Didn’t see Grant anywhere - strange

Let’s see who comes in over the next 10 days
We should have enough to stay up, but even with a few wins since early Dec we are only 2 points from safety.

Need to get 3 pts v the Daggers and a point at Harrogate
Chesterfield will be a 6 pointer

Overall feel more confident after yesterday, but the players need to continue with the improved effort. Great to see Pearson having a go at a few players when things didn’t go quite right or if they didn’t track back. Some of the lost pride returned.[/QUOTE]

Hooper although upfront on his own did not look arsed if I'm honest weak as a wet lettuce in a challenge, never tries to head the ball just watches the defender head it away, I don't think we play to his strengths he strikes me more like someone quick in the box, definitely not suitable to the lone striker role, Patrick will be sorely missed upfront yesterday would of suited him big time, Carrington yesterday could not fault his endeavour so yes maybe 5 a little low... Pearson more up for it yesterday but his clearances were wild hoofing from the back, but to be fair it's one of his weaknesses.

Took their foot off the pedal towards the end of the first half, but was nice to see us actually try for 2 halves instead of one. Q.R I was close to giving Jarvis 8!if he played the 90mins I probably would have. But Summerfield was back to the form when he first arrived under Ricketts he was everywhere always wanting the ball, his weakness is his passing at times but yesterday for me he ran the midfield.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.41:17.