Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2020, 08.26:41   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Ratings Versus Woking

Lainton (7) Made 2 excellent saves and clattered by their CF.

Carrington (7) A few mistakes but mostly sound.

Lawlor (7) Excellent in first-half but strong throughout.

Pearson (7) Strong and organised the defence but his distribution was mostly poor.

Kennedy (7) Best game in a while.

Jennings (6) Better than of late but remains a weak link.

Rutherford (5) Effort as per usual, but little influence.

Young (7) He and Jarvis kept the midfield going in the first-half.

Summerfield (7) Great strike for the goal but looked slow and wayward in the first-half. Big improvement in the second, and excellent penalty.

Jarvis (7) Improved as the game progressed. Did more and better than Redmond and Grant combined. Exciting signing and hope his injury isn’t serious.

Hooper (6) Isolated up front but kept going. However, he did fluff his chances, which raises concerns.

Subs:

Keillor-Dunn (6) Looked a bit rusty but has ability. If we can play he and Jarvis together we will be a threat.

Reid - Lent back and missed a glorious chance.

Oswell - Should have come on earlier.

Woking were a very cynical team and look a mid-table finisher. However, that does not belittle our performance yesterday.

I still think this 5-3-1-1 formation is too defensive — especially at home — and ask if it is to protect Pearson and negate having a weak midfield. With these 2 new signings — with the prospect of yet more new faces before the window shuts — there may be scope to revert to a standard 4-4-2, especially as we have no one capable of doing the wing-back roles.

Finally, although still far from convinced by Keates, he does deserve some credit. He has identified 2 improvements in our failing midfield, and dropped the ‘undroppable’ Grant. Keates has his faults, but credit where credit is due. However, we still have a long way to go, but talk of his losing the dressing-room also seems bollox when judging the effort yesterday. Could it be that Grant was the spanner in the works?

All-in-all, more efforts like yesterday will ensure we ease away from danger. Well done Keates, players and — dare I say it — the Board for supporting Keates with the necessary resources. That doesn’t mask previous poor decisions or the set-up of the WST, but it gives some hope that they are beginning to listen. I hope so because no one wants this club to fail. Despite yesterday’s optimism, we still have a massive task to stay up, with no room to let up the work rate.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 19th January 2020 at 08.30:29..
Old 19th January 2020, 08.32:39   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Ratings Versus Woking

Lainton 8 his vital stop was the pivotal moment for me

Carringon 6 fine
Lawlor 7 good with Pearson alongside
Pearson 8 immense
Kennedy 7 see lawlor
Jennings 5 struggled early on, but settled once we were ahead

Young 7 another good display but its good that he wasn't motm again
Summerfield 8 Motm great stuff. Sublime goal
Ruthers 6 typical display, effort, little product but crucially no mistakes like others in that position
Jarvis 7 in and out but looks promising and a good run for the goal

Hooper 6 not involved much but so isolated. Did his best with what he had to work with

Subs
Keillor Dunn nice cameo, looks like a footballer
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th January 2020, 08.38:57   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @dancake90

Lainton - 8

Carra - 5
Lawlor - 8
Pearson - 8
Kennedy - 8
Jennings - 3

Young - 8
Summerfield - 7
Rutherford - 6
Jarvis - 9

Hooper- 6

Subs: no real impact as game had gone. Second new lad looked okay, albeit rusty. Hopefully we have another player who actually wants to get on the ball.
Old 19th January 2020, 08.45:50   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Lainton 8
Carrington 6
Lawlor 6
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 6
Young 6
Summerfield 8
Rutherford 5
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5
Old 19th January 2020, 09.05:07   #5-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Lainton 8
Carrington 5
Lawlor 7
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 5
Young 7
Summerfield 9
Rutherford 6
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5

Keates 7 - I will give credit when deserved, he actually didn't look comatose (like the fans) on the touchline for once

Crowd more silent than a church mouse early on but got going when seeing us actually using the midfield more.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th January 2020, 09.19:27   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Lainton 8
Carrington 5
Lawlor 7
Pearson 7
Kennedy 7
Jennings 5
Young 7
Summerfield 9
Rutherford 6
Jarvis 7
Hooper 5

Keates 7 - I will give credit when deserved, he actually didn't look comatose (like the fans) on the touchline for once

Crowd more silent than a church mouse early on but got going when seeing us actually using the midfield more.
Posted via mobile theme
Looks like you saw pretty much the same game as me.
Only difference is I'd have Summerfield and Jarvis both on 8.
The difference a decent midfielder makes is phenomenal, lifted all the players and allowed Summerfield to actually play facing the right way.
The attitude of the team was good from the first whistle which, after 2 weeks off, was a pleasant surprise.
Old 19th January 2020, 09.44:20   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Hooper and Carra both up to a 6
Other than that I agree

Crowd tried to get involved

Didn’t see Grant anywhere - strange

Let’s see who comes in over the next 10 days
We should have enough to stay up, but even with a few wins since early Dec we are only 2 points from safety.

Need to get 3 pts v the Daggers and a point at Harrogate
Chesterfield will be a 6 pointer

Overall feel more confident after yesterday, but the players need to continue with the improved effort. Great to see Pearson having a go at a few players when things didn’t go quite right or if they didn’t track back. Some of the lost pride returned.
Old 19th January 2020, 10.22:05   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Lainton 8 - played well, 2 good saves and his delaying tactics infuriated Woking.
Carrington 6 - mr dependable and supported the forwards whenever he could.
Lawlor 7 - plays much better with Pearson alongside
Pearson 7 - holds it together (the central 3) really well but can be a bit wayward when clearing his lines
Kennedy 7 - thought he had a really good game
Jennings 5 - he seems to be better when we are attacking the rent a stand. Is that because he gets great support from the crowd on that side.
Young 7 - typical Luke performance mopping up the loose and trying to get us moving forward.
Summerfield 9 - superb strike for his goal and some of his passing was excellent. We were calling him the MoTM after 15 minutes!
Rutherford 6 - lots of industry and didn’t give Woking back line a minute
Jarvis 7 - great debut and looked busy and creative whilst he was on. Legs went in the 2nd half but it’s different playing against NL cloggers as opposed to Championship U21s
Hooper 5 - not sure about the lone striker but when he was involved, he looked decent. Missed 1 great chance.

Davis-K - looked useful and can play
Reid - missed a glorious chance but took 10 minutes to get back into defence after
Oswell - not on long enough and should have been on sooner
Old 19th January 2020, 10.23:48   #9-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Hooper and Carra both up to a 6
Other than that I agree

Crowd tried to get involved

Didn’t see Grant anywhere - strange

Let’s see who comes in over the next 10 days
We should have enough to stay up, but even with a few wins since early Dec we are only 2 points from safety.

Need to get 3 pts v the Daggers and a point at Harrogate
Chesterfield will be a 6 pointer

Overall feel more confident after yesterday, but the players need to continue with the improved effort. Great to see Pearson having a go at a few players when things didn’t go quite right or if they didn’t track back. Some of the lost pride returned.

Hooper although upfront on his own did not look arsed if I'm honest weak as a wet lettuce in a challenge, never tries to head the ball just watches the defender head it away, I don't think we play to his strengths he strikes me more like someone quick in the box, definitely not suitable to the lone striker role, Patrick will be sorely missed upfront yesterday would of suited him big time, Carrington yesterday could not fault his endeavour so yes maybe 5 a little low... Pearson more up for it yesterday but his clearances were wild hoofing from the back, but to be fair it's one of his weaknesses.

Took their foot off the pedal towards the end of the first half, but was nice to see us actually try for 2 halves instead of one. Q.R I was close to giving Jarvis 8!if he played the 90mins I probably would have. But Summerfield was back to the form when he first arrived under Ricketts he was everywhere always wanting the ball, his weakness is his passing at times but yesterday for me he ran the midfield.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.41:08.