RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings versus Harrogate (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115323-ratings-versus-harrogate.html)

Prodigal Dragon 25th January 2020 18.16:14

Ratings versus Harrogate

Lainton (7) Couple of crucial saves in first-half when under the kosh. Silly booking.

Carrington (7) Took quite a few knocks but came back for more. Mr Dependable.

Lawlor (7) Good game.

Pearson (8) Won most things and nearly scored. My MOTM.

Kennedy (7) Good game.

Jennings (7) Excellent strike for first goal. Needs to vary his long ball down the line.

Young (7) Tired towards the end, when he gave the ball away in dangerous areas, but a good performance.

Summerfield (6) A bit off the pace but improved second-half.

Rutherford (6) Closed them down all match and laid off some good balls.

Jarvis (7) Runs all day and can play football. His run won the free-kick for the first goal. Ran the midfield in the second.

Hooper (6) Excellent goal, and much better when ball played to feet.

Subs:

Keillor-Dunn (6) Looks very useful.

Pontecelli (5) Almost scored and looks lively.

That was an excellent performance and win. Keates has options now; a few more faces and we should be good to escape the drop and might finish closer to the POs than seemed possible only a few weeks back.

Wiltshire_Red 25th January 2020 18.19:27

Re: Ratings versus Harrogate

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2338944]Lainton (7) Couple of crucial saves in first-half when under the kosh. Silly booking.

Lawlor (7) Good game.

Kennedy (7) Good game.

Jennings (7) Excellent strike for first goal. Needs to vary his long ball down the line.

Young (7) Tired towards the end, when he gave the ball away in dangerous areas, but a good performance.

Jarvis (7) Runs all day and can play football. His run won the free-kick for the first goal. Ran the midfield in the second.

Subs:

That was an excellent performance and win. Keates has options now; a few more faces and we should be good to escape the drop and might finish closer to the POs than seemed possible only a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Winning AND good performances, what could be better as we fight to get out of this relegation scrap

bartonbank 25th January 2020 18.22:29

[quote=Prodigal Dragon;2338944]Lainton (7) Couple of crucial saves in first-half when under the kosh. Silly booking.

Lawlor (7) Good game.

Kennedy (7) Good game.

Subs:

That was an excellent performance and win. Keates has options now; a few more faces and we should be good to escape the drop and might finish closer to the POs than seemed possible only a few weeks back.[/quote]

Winning 2-0 away at team top of the form table, on a plastic pitch, and only one 8? Tough marking PD!

Prodigal Dragon 25th January 2020 18.27:24

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2338949]Winning 2-0 away at team top of the form table, on a plastic pitch, and only one 8? Tough marking PD![/QUOTE]

Treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen!;)

The good thing is everyone is now above average, and there is the possibility of scoring lots of goals as the players begin to act as a team rather than 11 individuals.

There is scope to be more expansive against D&R if we get off to a good start.

Percy Sugden 25th January 2020 18.43:19

I was very dubious about fetching in another youngster after seeing so many come in and fail in the past. However, Jarvis seems to have made a big difference. Is it any coincidence that having a proper midfielder, who can pass the ball forward we are now competing?

Quay Red 26th January 2020 11.53:47

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2338944]Lainton (7) Couple of crucial saves in first-half when under the kosh. Silly booking.

Lawlor (7) Good game.

Kennedy (7) Good game.

Subs:

That was an excellent performance and win. Keates has options now; a few more faces and we should be good to escape the drop and might finish closer to the POs than seemed possible only a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

had a great day out yesterday and 3 points and a great performance made the drive home pass quickly.

Personally reluctant to rate individuals for that performance as it was a team effort worth 8+ all round.
Under the cosh for most of the first half which limited any attacking options apart from the goal and Hoopers rocket shot that the keeper saved well.
Second half we looked like the team at the top and bossed the game.
What a difference a couple of signings made.
Also credit to the management for the obvious improvements. Not a fan of Keates ball but I think he must have had one of those "light bulb" moments and realised like the fans that hoof and hope doesn't work.

John Neals Dynasty 26th January 2020 12.51:43

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2338957]Treat ‘em mean, keep ‘em keen!;)

The good thing is everyone is now above average, and there is the possibility of scoring lots of goals as the players begin to act as a team rather than 11 individuals.

There is scope to be more expansive against D&R if we get off to a good start.[/QUOTE]

Only one mark I don't get is Ponticceli being marked as he was only on the pitch about 6 mins, other marks I accept your rating as you were there... Pleased for you guys who made the trip.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

John Neals Dynasty 26th January 2020 12.54:05

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2339208]had a great day out yesterday and 3 points and a great performance made the drive home pass quickly.

Personally reluctant to rate individuals for that performance as it was a team effort worth 8+ all round.
Under the cosh for most of the first half which limited any attacking options apart from the goal and Hoopers rocket shot that the keeper saved well.
Second half we looked like the team at the top and bossed the game.
What a difference a couple of signings made.
Also credit to the management for the obvious improvements. Not a fan of Keates ball but I think he must have had one of those "light bulb" moments and realised like the fans that hoof and hope doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Glad you all had a great day out, agree about Keates just maybe he is learning from his mistakes let's hope so.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 26th January 2020 15.05:18

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2339240]Glad you all had a great day out, agree about Keates just maybe he is learning from his mistakes let's hope so.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hopefully, as Dixie Mc said he has learnt from his mistake leaving Wxm the last time. He will go from zero to hero if he can get us challenging in the top 3 next season.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.25:36.