RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Shrews replay at Anfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115337-shrews-replay-anfield.html)

Dragon44 27th January 2020 13.13:10

Shrews replay at Anfield

I don't like going about the past but I find it tough to take whilst we are fighting relegation from National League, 'Judas' is going to Anfield in a replay in the FA Cup with a decent chance of progressing if Klopp sticks to his guns and plays the kids.

Despite my dislike for Ricketts, I think he has proven he was right to jump ship at the time and take the Shrews job. Here's hoping he pulls of an upset so Wrexham may get a bit of publicity in a national newspaper!

'Former Wrexham manager Sam Ricketts masterminds...'

RHYLRED 27th January 2020 13.17:47

Re: Shrews replay at Anfield

You'll get told off for posting this on here.

moldroadred 27th January 2020 13.18:18

[QUOTE=Dragon44;2339519]I don't like going about the past but I find it tough to take whilst we are fighting relegation from National League, 'Judas' is going to Anfield in a replay in the FA Cup with a decent chance of progressing if Klopp sticks to his guns and plays the kids.

Despite my dislike for Ricketts, I think he has proven he was right to jump ship at the time and take the Shrews job. Here's hoping he pulls of an upset so Wrexham may get a bit of publicity in a national newspaper!

'Former Wrexham manager Sam Ricketts masterminds...'[/QUOTE]

Any headline would refer to ‘League 1 manager Sam Ricketts masterminds.....’ ;)

redron 27th January 2020 13.25:11

I was talking to a Slop season ticket holder this morning. He was saying that their fans have been constantly moaning about him where he sits in the ground and several were calling for his dismissal. It sounds like the SR tactics are the same as when he was here. They are not great to watch, the tactics are too negative and they don't score enough goals.

davewilli 27th January 2020 13.38:45

[QUOTE=redron;2339522]I was talking to a Slop season ticket holder this morning. He was saying that their fans have been constantly moaning about him where he sits in the ground and several were calling for his dismissal. It sounds like the SR tactics are the same as when he was here. They are not great to watch, the tactics are too negative and they don't score enough goals.[/QUOTE]

As someone pointed out the other day, fans are fickle, Flynnie went from 'out of his depth' to 'our saviour' in a rapid a few minutes. A wonder strike from Mickey T and Stevie W capitalising on the best English defence switching off, thinking a replay would cost them their Tuesday night out in London.

redron 27th January 2020 14.21:34

[QUOTE=davewilli;2339523]As someone pointed out the other day, fans are fickle, Flynnie went from 'out of his depth' to 'our saviour' in a rapid a few minutes. A wonder strike from Mickey T and Stevie W capitalising on the best English defence switching off, thinking a replay would cost them their Tuesday night out in London.[/QUOTE]

Football fans definitely are fickle. I have watched Wrexham since 1974 and i remember fans moaning constantly even though i was a kid.

Phils-an-alki 27th January 2020 14.27:11

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Another Shrewsbury/Ricketts thread. There can never be enough of these. Bravo.

Redpensioner 27th January 2020 14.36:29

I listened to his interview after the match and he was full of praise for his chairman. Wycherley, I think his name is, a local businessman a hotelier that's all.

There ground and training facilities are all paid for, with a vision with what they want.

They are light-years ahead of us.

Ooh aah Paskin 27th January 2020 14.52:29

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2339529]Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Another Shrewsbury/Ricketts thread. There can never be enough of these. Bravo.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking that. I must make this one of my favourites so I don't miss any insightful posts.

Like this one. :D;)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.52:29.