RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   25 years since Old Trafford (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115340-25-years-since-old-trafford.html)

wreck's 'em 27th January 2020 23.40:22

25 years since Old Trafford

What a day that was! My favourite moment of following the Reds, Keiron Durkan RIP making the Streford End net bulge. :hurray:

RHYLRED 28th January 2020 05.22:42

Re: 25 years since Old Trafford

Wrexham were one of only 3 teams to score 2 goals at Old Trafford that season, Barcelona were one, cant remember the other club.

Red Light 28th January 2020 06.16:04

Jonathan Cross with a long range second consolation near the end.

Despite going to all the earlier rounds and arriving at the Racecourse an hour before the United tickets went on sale on a Sunday morning I didn't get one - never ever seen a que like it before or since - all down the car park, up Crispin Lane and along Mold Road - took one look and instantly threw the towel in.

Got match tickets on the day about half a mile away from Old Trafford from a Rastafarian tout at twice cost price - he had a massive bunch of tickets in his hand - needs must - it was that or dig a tunnel.

Always felt cheated out of seeing the great Eric Cantona - who was serving a suspension after his infamous kung fu flying kick at a spectator at Crystal Palace.

Anyone remember those 'shredded' two tone black and gold hats ? to match our away kit at the time - we wore them in our thousands.

PS Might have been Forest who also scored two goals at OT that season.

NottsRed 28th January 2020 06.28:00

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2339599]Wrexham were one of only 3 teams to score 2 goals at Old Trafford that season, Barcelona were one, cant remember the other club.[/QUOTE]

Nottingham Forest I think.

Incredible day that. Was it Paul Scholes first full appearance for United as well?

Screwe Alexander 28th January 2020 06.36:00

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2339603]Nottingham Forest I think.

Incredible day that. Was it Paul Scholes first full appearance for United as well?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Scholars but it was definitely Phil Neville's debut. With all the current debate about Liverpool disrespecting the cup it's amazing how back then United were able and willing to play such a strong team against us and it didn't do them any harm.

sionwxm 28th January 2020 06.39:25

My first ever away game, was 6 at the time. Can’t believe it’s been 25 years

krux 28th January 2020 07.08:22

was a great day. After we scored I couldn't watch the match I just stared at the sweet, sweet scoreboard.

Kiddy Dragon 28th January 2020 07.19:53

Sitting behing the net with Peter Schmeichel in goal I relised just how big he was and how good he was at his job. Unfortunately!

BillEBadass 28th January 2020 07.30:01

Wonderful memories from getting in the queue for tickets half way through the night to match day itself.
This heritage partly explains why a quick look at our current crop of supporters shows that 'old farts' are still well represented. I hope in 25 years time our younger supporters will have similar memories to recall.
Many serious changes will have to made but I believe that we will regain some of our former glory.
COYR

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.06:22.