Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th February 2020, 20.40:56   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Truly Closed Shop Revisited - It Gets Worse

Brilliant work Draig.You are showing the way forward for the fanbase- not doing anything will not change things.
Old 4th February 2020, 20.58:31   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
As far as I can see, they are free to file amendments, but I'm still digging. Since the original registration with the FSA, 15/3/2002, there have been 4 amendments to the rules, the second of which was to replace the original rules with the SD model rules.
No doubt they can file amendments, but I would have thought changing the policy would be a breach of the policy without members approval.
Old 4th February 2020, 21.05:19   #12-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Brilliant work Draig.You are showing the way forward for the fanbase- not doing anything will not change things.

Thanks. I don't think angry protests or threats are the solution. But certainly peaceful actions and spreading awareness could help. My approach is for the long haul. First we have to get the rules changed so that Rule 27 does not bar us from amending other rules (such as the one that says the Club Board is appointed by the WST Board). It's not going to happen overnight.
Old 4th February 2020, 21.59:55   #13-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

I think this is a great example of a genuine challenge to our current approach which is well made and which deserves a response from the board. Im open as to what the outcome could be tbh.
Old 5th February 2020, 10.05:43   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH77 View Post
If a change to the policy to include maximum number of terms, as per the egm proposal, needs a vote of members to approve it, how has someone amended the rules to delete this? Who signed that off and where was the vote?
It was part of the egm. I think the amendment was voted on at an agm but could be wrong.

If it was voted for at an agm, it kind of gives you a flavour for how little thought goes into vote casting, and how partisan (to the board) the majority of voting members are.

Last edited by -luke; 5th February 2020 at 10.07:03..
Old 5th February 2020, 11.17:08   #15-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
It was part of the egm. I think the amendment was voted on at an agm but could be wrong.

If it was voted for at an agm, it kind of gives you a flavour for how little thought goes into vote casting, and how partisan (to the board) the majority of voting members are.

Resolution B of the 2014 AGM was passed.

Now, interestingly, at the same AGM, several Board Members, including Harris, Pete Jones and Mills were elected for, according to the minutes, 3 years while the rules clearly state that Board Members serve for 2 years and, assuming the rules are followed, all three should be up for election this year! My investigation continues.
Old 5th February 2020, 11.34:01   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
Resolution B of the 2014 AGM was passed.

Now, interestingly, at the same AGM, several Board Members, including Harris, Pete Jones and Mills were elected for, according to the minutes, 3 years while the rules clearly state that Board Members serve for 2 years and, assuming the rules are followed, all three should be up for election this year! My investigation continues.
Pete Jones was re-elected last year. He stood a year early due to a rule requiring a minimum of 1/3 of current board members to stand every year.

Harris and Mills should be up for reelection (assuming they stand).

Last edited by tokyored; 5th February 2020 at 11.37:42..
Old 5th February 2020, 11.37:14   #17-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Sounds like they have tied themselves up in knots and a spring clean is required - on many levels.
Old 5th February 2020, 12.04:28   #18-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post

Somebody on here said the number of people who vote either on line or in person at an AGM is a small percentage of the total Trust membership. Those who do vote will probably take the time to read the proposals and candidate statements. I know I do. Don't deny I will generally go for those I know and trust before the new recruits. I accept they make mistakes but the bottom line for me is to go for a hard working and proven volunteer . Bet you most others do and most of those who don't vote would do if they were minded to do that.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.38:56.