RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   99 year lease for the Groves (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115381-99-year-lease-groves.html)

Rhosymedre Red 5th February 2020 19.32:37

99 year lease for the Groves

[url]http://www.wrexham.com/news/heads-of-terms-to-be-signed-as-council-move-to-complete-disposal-of-groves-site-to-unnamed-company-football-club-180607.html[/url]

eastsussexred 5th February 2020 23.54:15

Re: 150 year lease for the Groves

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2341704][url]http://www.wrexham.com/news/heads-of-terms-to-be-signed-as-council-move-to-complete-disposal-of-groves-site-to-unnamed-company-football-club-180607.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Interesting that RR. I wonder how much the club will be paying?

wreck's 'em 6th February 2020 00.27:30

I’m pretty sure most of the residents of Wrexham would be quite happy for their extra couple of quid per annum through Council Tax to be directed towards a facility to develop the Town’s most famous asset. Far better than increasing the number of councillors, increasing their pay, maintaining ten executive board members, whilst every service is being cut. Surely??

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 6th February 2020 12.21:17

Are we putting options to buy in these century long leases
Its a long time, and you never know, we could hit the jackpot one day.

NottsRed 6th February 2020 12.52:10

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2341798]Are we putting options to buy in these century long leases
Its a long time, and you never know, we could hit the jackpot one day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we could buy it with the covenant on it that means it must be an educational facility.

Halkynred 6th February 2020 13.27:02

We'll be in the championship by then all happy clapping ��

Rob 6th February 2020 13.34:09

Is a two pitch training facility enough for us longer term (it would be a massive upgrade from what we have now so do not get me wrong) and does the lease mean we can also 'dispose' of the land in the future perhaps to fund buying a huge plot of land elsewhere in 50 or 100 years time?

It sounds like there could be a local battle to 'save the 9 acre' from having a school on it, so hopefully this transaction is separate from that and the club doesn't get embroiled in any barney there, and this is not dependant on that happening - or not.

Rhosymedre Red 12th February 2020 15.12:43

[url=http://www.wrexham.com/news/council-decision-on-groves-revealed-covenants-could-be-altered-to-allow-football-club-use-of-part-of-the-site-180959.html]Council decision on Groves revealed - covenants could be altered to allow football club use of part of the site - Wrexham.com[/url]

Rob 12th February 2020 15.29:21

Appears initial talk was 150 year, now 99 year firmed up.

However, it seems this will only happen if the 9 Acre gets a school built on it.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 15.44:18

What a pain, can't do much beyond plan for both sites. Groves would make more sense to be the site for the school, encompassing the old building into the design.

NottsRed 12th February 2020 16.29:21

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2343227]What a pain, can't do much beyond plan for both sites. Groves would make more sense to be the site for the school, encompassing the old building into the design.[/QUOTE]

With the building being listed doesn't that make any redevelopment plan difficult?

wrexhamandy 12th February 2020 16.31:57

At a high level, it does seem absurd that there’s a battle over building a new school on some treasured open fields, when half a mile down the road there is a vacant school. Oh, capitalism.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 17.12:45

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2343231]With the building being listed doesn't that make any redevelopment plan difficult?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes, CADW are a right pain to deal with, unlike English Heritage who give more leeway when redeveloping.

markh 12th February 2020 17.15:49

So if the council are trying to remove the education covenant from the Groves site by mitigating against a new school on 9 acre what is going in the Groves building? This in its self may create a battle with groups in favour of the Groves remaining educational and of course groups who want 9 acre to remain green.

John Neals Dynasty 12th February 2020 17.15:59

Way things are going at the moment we might not be around in 5yrs never mind 150 yrs
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 12th February 2020 17.26:37

[QUOTE=markh;2343236]So if the council are trying to remove the education covenant from the Groves site by mitigating against a new school on 9 acre what is going in the Groves building? This in its self may create a battle with groups in favour of the Groves remaining educational and of course groups who want 9 acre to remain green.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why they don't look to sympathetically redevelop Groves, the current route will likely end up costing as much with all the battles that will be fought.

Plenty of examples out their of such redevelopments, plus the council will have to pay for the up keep of the Groves building if left empty., plus a new school on top.

I hope it all falls through, I don't believe Groves will be big enough for where the football club should be.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 12th February 2020 17.27:06

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2343237]Way things are going at the moment we might not be around in 5yrs never mind 150 yrs
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Ah yes. That little matter of avoiding relegation into the 6th level of English football

I'd forgotten about that.

dixienormous 12th February 2020 17.41:09

Fookin use colliers

Answer Release 12th February 2020 17.46:40

Personally don’t think it is suitable, certainly not if we are to regain our place in the football league. It simply wouldn’t provide enough space for the required facilities to run a set up through from youth to first team.

EnglishRed 12th February 2020 18.26:40

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2343231]With the building being listed doesn't that make any redevelopment plan difficult?[/QUOTE]

Difficult because any proposal has to put the heritage asset first and foremost, and it significantly ramps up the development costs over a new built school.

Inside Left 12th February 2020 18.33:47

Has there been any member discussion at a meeting in order to exchange ideas and views? Doubt it.

wrexhamandy 12th February 2020 19.22:12

Any rumours of who the highly secretive company are who are interested in buying or letting the buildings part of Groves?

WxmWynno 12th February 2020 19.25:31

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2343253]Any rumours of who the highly secretive company are who are interested in buying or letting the buildings part of Groves?[/QUOTE]

It’ll end up being a company owned by Moss and Roberts...
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

billybersham 14th February 2020 13.00:50

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2343254]It’ll end up being a company owned by Moss and Roberts...
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Or our Nev

Ugolini 15th February 2020 20.35:32

Only 150 years!! What are we going to do after that??

Welsh Kiwi 16th February 2020 06.39:36

Oh lord Glyndŵr what has happened to Wrexham Association Football Club ?

Has there ever been a series of events at any other football club that has seen a trail of riches to rags.

Half of me is thinking oh great a 150 year lease. That's excellent long term security for somewhere to train.

The other half is rubbing my eyes and thinking, can I even believe we are looking at a School ground inside our Town centre to solve all our club's problems.

I genuinely do wonder if Barca are ever going to want to train on it ?

Corner Flag 16th February 2020 08.35:57

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2343834]Oh lord Glyndŵr what has happened to Wrexham Association Football Club ?

Has there ever been a series of events at any other football club that has seen a trail of riches to rags.

Half of me is thinking oh great a 150 year lease. That's excellent long term security for somewhere to train.

The other half is rubbing my eyes and thinking, can I even believe we are looking at a School ground inside our Town centre to solve all our club's problems.

I genuinely do wonder if Barca are ever going to want to train on it ?[/QUOTE]

Its 95yrs not 150yrs lease

andy buckley 16th February 2020 08.46:45

[QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2343834]Oh lord Glyndŵr what has happened to Wrexham Association Football Club ?

[QUOTE]

Wimbledon springs to mind fa cup winners before having to start again at the 9th level of football after fa agree to move club and rename them

Welsh Kiwi 16th February 2020 10.17:58

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2343844]Its 95yrs not 150yrs lease[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

The thread title might need updating then by Mods.

Welsh Kiwi 16th February 2020 10.20:15

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2343847][QUOTE=Welsh Kiwi;2343834]Oh lord Glyndŵr what has happened to Wrexham Association Football Club ?

[QUOTE]

Wimbledon springs to mind fa cup winners before having to start again at the 9th level of football after fa agree to move club and rename them[/QUOTE]

Yes sadly along with us they are a contender for sure.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.49:53.