Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2020, 19.55:18   #28-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email and letters to the Board

I'm happy to say that there has been one response to today's email to the Board. It is more of an acknowledgement in that it doesn't fully address the issues raised, but it does contain some information that I wasn't aware of. There that response, in full, which should be welcomed as a step towards better communications, despite there being a bit of a "home truth" there, directed at those fans who are claimed to have forced the club into diverting funds from the squad budget for next year into finding a paid member of staff to fulfill John Mills' voluntary role. There will be voices who will suggest that had John been seen to provide the service expected of his paid successor, then that diversion of funds would not be necessary, as there would be no room to criticise him to that degree which is leading to his departure.

It is now almost 3:00 am here, and a reply to him won't be sent until tomorrow. That will address points not covered in his email, as well as responding to those that were made.

So, he wrote:

Good evening Rob,

I’m replying to your message just in case any of my fellow board members, including those that would have seen your original message to the membership@wst.org.uk address seem to have ignored. I did not see this myself.

I agree totally with your observation that there is no set agenda for the upcoming Members meeting, but, to be honest, such meetings would not be dictated to by any set agenda, as has been shown in the past. Rather, the agenda sets itself by the attendees, and their perceived grievances, which, in all honesty, is where these meetings should be, the voice of the owners is paramount to the success of the Club.

One of the main points I would like to address is that the ownership of the Club has changed dramatically what the WST actually stands for. We are now running a multimillion pound business, not just a pressure group of fans, and it is that reality that causes a lot of issues with the Club owners and fans. With the best will in the world, I would like to see the community aspects of the WST continue to progress, and I do believe that this is still in the forefront of anything we do. I know myself that at any opportunity I promote the work of our DSO and the fantastic work she does. I am also conscious of the work of the DSA, but, for a lot of reasons, that group and some of their officials seem to have caused friction, resulting in 3 WST board members actually leaving the board due to ‘personality clashes’ with one particular DSA official. These are facts, not social media rumours. Personally, I have run businesses much larger than Wrexham AFC, and have a brief from the WAG to work with businesses across Wales up to £40 million turnover to improve their chances of success in the business world. However, given the abuse, threats and character assassination that has gone on on social media platforms, after this season, I will no longer be giving my time and skillset to the Club.

Regarding the WST board minutes, I have been chasing these up for a while now, and, although the December minutes are ready to be published, because of the change In Secretaries. The November minutes has been difficult to finalise, and I would be reluctant to publish the December minutes before the November minutes. You would possibly understand that if a month’s minutes didn’t appear, there would be the usual social media storm that the WST board were hiding things. This isn’t the case, I’m just waiting on the new secretary to approve the minutes, and they will be up ASAP.

Apologies for the above over long message, but, as you addressed your email, I am a Wrexham AFC fan, and I find it despicable that other fans are questioning my dedication to the club. The fact that next seasons available player budget will be reduced by a minimum of £50k to replace the services I have provided to the club for free for the last decade is very, very sad. Finally, the forum referred to is a management forum so that Board members can interface in a medium that is instant, and thus mean that any decisions are timely and relevant. I have previously provided a Members forum on the WST website, which was active for two years, and had 3 posts from WST members. I have suggested relaunching this to the current WST board, and that may happen.

I have tasked the board with providing information to the membership, and tonight, hopefully, you will see information . How this works going forward will be dependent on response. My view is that we should be providing all the information we legally, and business sensitivity aware, can do. You then have the Board members having to step up and provide this, which is in their remit.

Finally, if you ever want to talk about anything (while I’m still around) please let me know. I’m very much a ‘gloves off’ type of person and always welcome a good chat. I apologise for the long email, I just wanted you to understand my views.

Best regards,

John
Old 9th February 2020, 20.34:12   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

given the abuse, threats and character assassination that has gone on on social media platforms, after this season, I will no longer be giving my time and skillset to the Club.

Nice one. Off you fck John
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th February 2020, 20.39:31   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Any chance you can take the others with you john
Old 9th February 2020, 20.42:40   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Toodles, John.

The arrogance of the man suggesting the world is ending with his departure shining through.

ONE DOWN.
Old 9th February 2020, 20.42:49   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
given the abuse, threats and character assassination that has gone on on social media platforms, after this season, I will no longer be giving my time and skillset to the Club.

Posted via mobile theme
Brilliant stuff!
Old 9th February 2020, 20.49:54   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

bit of a strange email tbh, so basically 3 people resigned because they didn’t get on with dsa person, he considers his work to be worth +£50k, and lack of communication is other board members responsibility
..ok, thanks for that
Old 9th February 2020, 20.50:24   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post

Posted via mobile theme
Has he jumped or was he pushed ?
Old 9th February 2020, 20.50:26   #35-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Toodles, John.

The arrogance of the man suggesting the world is ending with his departure shining through.

ONE DOWN.
Agree.

Dear Mr Mills

Why hang on until the summer ? Go now. Don’t expect any sympathy and as you walk out of the door, beckon to Harris and Jones to follow you. And take the rest of the Nodding Dogs with you, including Lindsay.
Old 9th February 2020, 20.50:45   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I have first hand knowledge and experience of this mans character. I am delighted he will no longer be involved in the running of our club.
I hope those with evidence of the allegations will still consider bringing it forwards
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.55:29.