Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th February 2020, 07.32:25   #71-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email and letters to the Board

It is not all that uncommon for some to play the victim when they have been rumbled.
Old 10th February 2020, 07.41:37   #72-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
What the hell is Business Processes Architecture? And how much does that cost per hour?
More corporate crap that emanates from the centre to deflect those on the 'front-line' from doing their day jobs.

Most of these initiatives are destined to fail.

Old 10th February 2020, 09.18:59   #73-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Or if they are really spending that much time, working a minimum 80 hour week perhaps its time to accept that more support is needed.

My biggest issue outside of there being a lack of appropriate skills to run a football club is this reluctance to admit that they need help. I would have more respect if they held their hamds up and just said it like it is - not a reflection imo on them, playing the martyr is counter productive. I would personally a couple of extra board positions if its a must that the present structure must remain. Id reduce the size of the wst board and give them the absolute power to remove club board members, but have no involvement in day to day matters including operations or football. I would prefer there to be no club board members involved with the trust. If we want to run wrexham afc like a business then club board is the executive leadersjip group consisting of a ceo and his or her department managers, and the trust board are the directors. Really not difficult to understand is it?
Luke Just to make the point. The WST board do have the 'power' to change the club board. The club board are appointed via election by them.

If as you suggest the club has a Chief Ex I would point you in the direction of some of the clubs previous CEO's and their inputs !! To often in football they come at a price and do not have the desired affect.

Your suggestion of addition board members - I would agree as long as they had a positive input and influence. A friend of mine is a board member at an EFL club and they seem to be doing ok but he does have to put a shift in with like minded board members.
Old 10th February 2020, 09.24:32   #74-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Luke Just to make the point. The WST board do have the 'power' to change the club board. The club board are appointed via election by them.

If as you suggest the club has a Chief Ex I would point you in the direction of some of the clubs previous CEO's and their inputs !! To often in football they come at a price and do not have the desired affect.

Your suggestion of addition board members - I would agree as long as they had a positive input and influence. A friend of mine is a board member at an EFL club and they seem to be doing ok but he does have to put a shift in with like minded board members.
What you are describing is the theory...

The reality is that the club board influence a minimum of 25% of trust board voting power. In my humble opinion, full control over fc board hiring and firing at any point (not just when an agm is called and board members are up for reelection). A formal machanism for removal of club board members.

Regarding additional board members, primary reason is to more effectively share the load. Work smarter not harder...
Old 10th February 2020, 10.22:50   #75-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
What the hell is Business Processes Architecture? And how much does that cost per hour?
It's The Strategy House!

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=4920
Old 10th February 2020, 13.01:28   #76-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
What you are describing is the theory...

The reality is that the club board influence a minimum of 25% of trust board voting power. In my humble opinion, full control over fc board hiring and firing at any point (not just when an agm is called and board members are up for reelection). A formal machanism for removal of club board members.

Regarding additional board members, primary reason is to more effectively share the load. Work smarter not harder...
Luke I like your 'Work smarter than Harder' bit

I will be placing this slogan before my work force !!!

Perhaps should be part of the WFC tunnel design as well.
Old 10th February 2020, 14.35:49   #77-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Luke I like your 'Work smarter than Harder' bit

I will be placing this slogan before my work force !!!

Perhaps should be part of the WFC tunnel design as well.
I definitely would prefer them to work a bit harder on the pitch if totally honest.
Old 10th February 2020, 14.40:46   #78-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
I definitely would prefer them to work a bit harder on the pitch if totally honest.
If they worked smarter, we would be a lot better off.
Hard work can be rewarding but in our case appears to be less than productive.
Old 10th February 2020, 15.20:39   #79-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Or if they are really spending that much time, working a minimum 80 hour week perhaps its time to accept that more support is needed.

My biggest issue outside of there being a lack of appropriate skills to run a football club is this reluctance to admit that they need help. I would have more respect if they held their hamds up and just said it like it is - not a reflection imo on them, playing the martyr is counter productive. I would personally a couple of extra board positions if its a must that the present structure must remain. Id reduce the size of the wst board and give them the absolute power to remove club board members, but have no involvement in day to day matters including operations or football. I would prefer there to be no club board members involved with the trust. If we want to run wrexham afc like a business then club board is the executive leadersjip group consisting of a ceo and his or her department managers, and the trust board are the directors. Really not difficult to understand is it?

Many of us would like to see a complete separation of the two boards, to have numerous individuals sitting on the FC board, who sit concurrently on the WST board (theoretically, the body to which the FC board is accountable), is fundamentally WRONG, it leaves very little room for any real accountability. But unfortunately, the WST constitution not just allows for this, but insists on it. This needs to be amended, if we're to go forward with any real purpose, as a fan-owned club.
Old 10th February 2020, 16.01:17   #80-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
Many of us would like to see a complete separation of the two boards, to have numerous individuals sitting on the FC board, who sit concurrently on the WST board (theoretically, the body to which the FC board is accountable), is fundamentally WRONG, it leaves very little room for any real accountability. But unfortunately, the WST constitution not just allows for this, but insists on it. This needs to be amended, if we're to go forward with any real purpose, as a fan-owned club.
Agree 100%. The great thing about WST in the early days was that it was a Supporters group which spoke up , and campaigned , for Wrexham fans. Since taking control of the Club, the distinction between perceived Club interests and Fans' interests has become blurred. Recent examples include the hardly believable decision to support the Vaughans by means of a friendly v Bangor City , and the shocking mistreatment of DSA Officials and blatant obstruction of a agm motion voted in overwhelmingly by WST members. I know that several WST board members were outraged by both decisions but , because the power rests with those on both boards , had little or no influence on policy. The resultant , and sadly inevitable, consequence is that many WST members (and ex members ) feel the organisation no longer represents their best interests. For the sake of our Club , and its wonderfully loyal fans , this anomaly should be addressed .......seriously and rapidly.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.06:41.