Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2020, 15.29:44   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Members meeting

With relevance to next week's members' meeting, here's an extract of my reply to John Mills recent email. The full text can be seen on post #82-36772

"The Members Meeting on the 17th carries a significant risk of becoming no more than a slanging match against the Board and its members unless a measure of neutral control is applied. It is unthinkable that the meeting should take place without a framework, and the best form for that would be a fairly loose agenda, where time can be allocated for questions to be answered on the subjects likely to arise. It will be futile to try to divert the criticism that is inevitable regarding the performances on the pitch this season, and these will be directed at those who selected the team management, actual management viz. team selection, coaching techniques, match tactics, substitution during matches, and training regimes. There really are very few positive points likely to be made, other than to use results from a very few good performances to demonstrate that ability does exist, though consistency is completely lacking. As short cut to disaster will be any attempt to dismiss the complaints, or to attempt to over-ride them with war-stories about the areas of success that the Board members perceive. Fans really don’t want to hear about some vague community-related indicator when what really matters to them is the appalling standard of football they are witnessing, and the precarious position the club finds itself in on the brink of 6th tier obscurity, with poorly articulated post-match platitudes from a manager who simply does not see things through a fan’s eyes any more."
Old 16th February 2020, 17.24:12   #56-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Is my season ticket with my Wst 'club owner' card enough to get in tmz?
Old 16th February 2020, 17.32:43   #57-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Is my season ticket with my Wst 'club owner' card enough to get in tmz?
Your membership number is on the reverse. It's all I have.
Old 16th February 2020, 17.33:42   #58-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
Your membership number is on the reverse. It's all I have.
Thank you.
Old 16th February 2020, 17.53:49   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Thank you.
Remember to wear your pyjamas and if they have a pocket put your comb in then make sure you only drink half a lager.
Old 16th February 2020, 18.03:39   #60-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
I don’t think so. I think the £50k off the first team budget, multi million pound business, dealing with companies of £xxxm etc etc are comments designed to make fans wonder whether they should turn the heat down and keep the status quo. Power and status is addictive, it’s easy to say you will quit, quite a different thing to do it.

In reality the business isn’t that big, £2m turnover isn’t ,in the grand scheme of business’s, that large, however it’s smallish turnover and limited customer base makes it fragile. Only sporting improvement will fundamentally improve the landscape. The debts got paid off by Wembley, cup runs, ward, Obeng, Taylor, Reid, Moult and other sales. That ship has largely sailed and won’t be replenished to anything like the same degree. So no upturn in sporting fortune will likely create a financial problem - that’s the more likely exit point.
Sadly I have also thought this for some time now.

This issue of several questions and the long answers required is ludicrous for such a tiny business. A total deflection of focus.

It has principally been brought about due to a lack of leadership resulting in evasion, poor communication and downright incompetence. There should have been no need for most of the questions and therefore little need for the answers either.

There have been honourable exceptions which the apologists for the WST have unashamedly used as a shield against the fans outrage.

I have said for along time the club was being poorly run and in the round there is no longer any doubt in my mind this is the case.
Old 16th February 2020, 18.57:04   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

The issue regarding location and involvement is incredibly important.

Wrexham fans are located all over the world. It would be very short sighted to say you need to live in Wrexham to be able to have any involvement with the WST or Club board.

Bear in mind that half of Wrexham's games are away and often the greatest most meaningful conversations are on buses, on trains, on the terraces or on seats at the game.

Rigidity is not modern or productive. Especially with todays technology.

I spend a great deal of time on Skype calls working with my international clients around the world.

Over the years I have offered my services to the WST for various roles and ideas but these have been declined due to the issue of me not being in Wrexham and not being able to attend every mtng. I had suggested Skype video conference calls as a simple solution.

The ability to participate live questions into a Fans Q&A mtng from far flung locations is actually a very important thing. It shows our club has ambition.

Edited for spelling,

Last edited by Welsh Kiwi; 16th February 2020 at 18.59:58..
Old 16th February 2020, 19.46:05   #62-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
In days gone by whether WAFC AGMs or WST meetings there used to be people there who asked fair but searching questions.
True. In days gone by.
Old 16th February 2020, 19.53:34   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I'm another exile with no chance at all of attending meetings in person. However, I am able to participate in meetings where Skype conferencing is available.

It is easy to set up and allows up to 25 participants to join in. It could be that more than 25 members would want to attend and participate, and there are many other services available such as Line Group Call that can include 200 people. Both of these mentioned are free for the participants.

It would require the club/WST to be willing to adopt inclusivity in order for the service to be provided... is that a problem?
Only the WST / WAFC could advise wether that kind of technological inclusivity was a problem or not.

Though I would have a fair guess you will not receive the answer you seek on RP.

Based on previous experiences, I would think it would require a resolution to be passed by members to approve it.

And based on further experience you may find if the resolution was submitted as a proposal that the WST might oppose it and give reasons why they recommend their members not to adopt it and if the resolution was still passed democratically, you might find it takes years to put into action.

That is based on my experiences with my former committee colleagues at the DSA. Who I admire greatly and who I still support at every opportunity I get.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.00:06.