RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Members meeting (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115388-members-meeting.html)

The Only Way Is Up 17th February 2020 06.17:10

Re: Members meeting

I asked the question of all Board members. The answer I sought was that the Board would implement a Skype/Line type of video conference facility for this meeting.

Two Board members replied. The first, Steve Lloyd, wrote in the reply posted here: [url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115384-email-letters-board-9.html#post2343276[/url]

[I]"There is little doubt however the internet and live streaming of meetings is the most efficient way to reach a wider audience but I know there were issues raised about poor sound quality.
Whichever medium is used to engage with fellow supporters it needs to be done well but also needs supporters to be patient during its initial phases. Sadly, time is minimal at present due to the position the club finds itself in, that is something we have to take responsibility for and rectify as quick as possible."[/I]

The second Board member to reply to the point, Rob Stock, wrote here: [url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/2343277-post87.html[/url]
[I]
"I completely agree with you that communication needs improving in many areas. This is something that we have already began to discuss and work on as a board, examples being the online Operational Board Q & A sessions and the recent sharing of a Facilities Update and DLO Update on the club website.

I agree it should be explored if meetings could feature some type of Line conference call or the meeting being filmed and having the option of emailing questions in. I appreciate it must be difficult for exiled fans to attend such meetings and I will bring this up for discussion with the board."[/I]

We will eventually see if anything is done by the Board to implement video conferencing. Given that the Board has always promised transparency, I can't understand why there should be a need for them to discuss this before putting it in place, and even if they did need to discuss it so that it would be available for this meeting, a few minutes is all it takes to set it up, and not the four or five days that have been available since the matter was raised, nor the years that have passed by without such a facility to provide inclusivity for those of us, anywhere - locals or exiles - who are unable to attend.

Welsh Kiwi 17th February 2020 08.04:52

Let's hope they do do it.

A) Without needing a resolution

and

B) without the lack of any technological advancements (which most people use) that has been going on for an indefinite number of years.

I will be delighted to be pleasantly surprised.

sparky 17th February 2020 09.01:11

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2342855]The meetings always look amateurish. The fact Pete Jones was heading the meeting with a pint in his hand tells you everything you need to know about how the club is run. It’s like a timewarp back to a union meeting in a working men’s club.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Makes you wonder what goes on at the board meetings behind closed doors. Would certainly explain a thing or two.

dixienormous 17th February 2020 09.40:48

So, what's the crack tonight? I don't want to listen to any shit, just football and serious questions need to be asked.

John Neals Dynasty 17th February 2020 10.55:39

You do know the Peaky Blinders will probably have the heavies on the door and any not following the script of happy clapping and baa baa baa will probably be ejected.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Quay Red 17th February 2020 11.20:47

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2343969]You do know the Peaky Blinders will probably have the heavies on the door and any not following the script of happy clapping and baa baa baa will probably be ejected.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You have obviously never been to one of these meetings, no one is barred from entering as long as they are members.
When we're doing well the boards get an easy ride
When we are in the position we are, the board get a rough ride.

It is however difficult for some to keep level heads when asking emotive questions and they then lose some creditability.

I don't remember any question going unanswered though the answer is not always 100%clear and sometimes not what is expected.

I always tend to read your posts and take on board your opinions as I do with the majority of posters but your "Happy clapper, sheep" insults (whether in jest or not) do you no favours as you are disrespecting the majority of the active members.

Willywill 17th February 2020 11.24:15

There’s bound to be a few members in the front row sucking up, with their anoraks and scribble pads! Well there was last time I went to one of these meetings.

Percy Sugden 17th February 2020 11.31:04

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2343972]You have obviously never been to one of these meetings, no one is barred from entering as long as they are members.
When we're doing well the boards get an easy ride
When we are in the position we are, the board get a rough ride.

It is however difficult for some to keep level heads when asking emotive questions and they then lose some creditability.

I don't remember any question going unanswered though the answer is not always 100%clear and sometimes not what is expected.

I always tend to read your posts and take on board your opinions as I do with the majority of posters but your "Happy clapper, sheep" insults (whether in jest or not) do you no favours as you are disrespecting the majority of the active members.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen first hand what happens. A difficult question gets asked and Pete Coaches will tell the enquirer he’s “heard enough from you”, before finding a familiar face (usually someone in an old ENS top and scarf) to ask a more board friendly question.

Quay Red 17th February 2020 11.38:04

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2343976]I’ve seen first hand what happens. A difficult question gets asked and Pete Coaches will tell the enquirer he’s “heard enough from you”, before finding a familiar face (usually someone in an old ENS top and scarf) to ask a more board friendly question.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been in the last few years then as I've been to most and not seen the scenario you allude to.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.08:46.