Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2020, 20.24:35   #46-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Members meeting

John Mills has sent a reply to that last post in this thread. The reply is shown in full on the "Emails and Letters to the Board" thread, but I'm pasting below a relevant section which addresses the question raised about the next Members' Meeting as it may help fans decide in advance about their desire to attend or not:

He wrote:

"I agree totally with your observation that there is no set agenda for the upcoming Members meeting, but, to be honest, such meetings would not be dictated to by any set agenda, as has been shown in the past. Rather, the agenda sets itself by the attendees, and their perceived grievances, which, in all honesty, is where these meetings should be, the voice of the owners is paramount to the success of the Club."

The wording suggests that John at least expects a fairly hostile meeting to result. That isn't to condone any abuse towards individuals on either side of the divide that is - without doubt - developing between some fans and the club. If regarded as an opportunity for both sides to bring their differences to the table in a controlled and thoughtful manner instead, with both sides prepared to listen to each others views, then targeting positive ways for the parties to address their differences could be to build a foundation for a bridge between them.

That would hopefully lead to a club where fans and management alike pull in the same direction again instead of fighting each other in an energy sapping and negative environment that no-one in their right mind enjoys.

If regarded as an opportunity for fans and club alike to move forwards together, then it should allow far more time to be spent on developing ways to strengthen the club towards a more realistic challenge for the success that every fan longs to see again. No one can change what has happened in the past. It is behind us all now, and that's where it must stay. That isn't to suggest that lessons learned the hard way should be forgotten. The future is all important, and cooperation is going to prove essential if we are to achieve our goals.
Old 10th February 2020, 10.22:47   #47-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Does anyone think like me that the bar should not be open for members meetings. That might promote a more business like approach.
Old 10th February 2020, 10.28:11   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Is it true that John Mills has recently stated that he is standing down from his Trust post at season end? He will not be seeking re election for his present post. This was mentioned to me last night by a guy who has nowt to do with Red Passion, just Twitter and Facebook.
RP is as much as I can be bothered with re social media. Picking out the truth from the lies is so difficult.
Old 10th February 2020, 10.31:17   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Is it true that John Mills has recently stated that he is standing down from his Trust post at season end? He will not be seeking re election for his present post. This was mentioned to me last night by a guy who has nowt to do with Red Passion, just Twitter and Facebook.
RP is as much as I can be bothered with re social media. Picking out the truth from the lies is so difficult.
Yes

Email and letters to the Board
Old 10th February 2020, 10.47:38   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Will he actually go though?
Old 10th February 2020, 17.09:11   #51-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Does anyone think like me that the bar should not be open for members meetings. That might promote a more business like approach.
Spot on - wouldn't run a bar in any other form of business so why us ?

I remember tuning into a previous 'live streamed' meeting and attempting to view it through Pete Jones pint of lager - the phrase 'total amateurs' sprung to mind.

Keep the bar closed only to be opened at the conclusion of the meeting but it will never happen will it ?
Old 10th February 2020, 17.43:16   #52-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Spot on - wouldn't run a bar in any other form of business so why us ?

I remember tuning into a previous 'live streamed' meeting and attempting to view it through Pete Jones pint of lager - the phrase 'total amateurs' sprung to mind.

Keep the bar closed only to be opened at the conclusion of the meeting but it will never happen will it ?
The meetings always look amateurish. The fact Pete Jones was heading the meeting with a pint in his hand tells you everything you need to know about how the club is run. It’s like a timewarp back to a union meeting in a working men’s club.
Old 10th February 2020, 18.53:49   #53-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Will he actually go though?
I don’t think so. I think the £50k off the first team budget, multi million pound business, dealing with companies of £xxxm etc etc are comments designed to make fans wonder whether they should turn the heat down and keep the status quo. Power and status is addictive, it’s easy to say you will quit, quite a different thing to do it.

In reality the business isn’t that big, £2m turnover isn’t ,in the grand scheme of business’s, that large, however it’s smallish turnover and limited customer base makes it fragile. Only sporting improvement will fundamentally improve the landscape. The debts got paid off by Wembley, cup runs, ward, Obeng, Taylor, Reid, Moult and other sales. That ship has largely sailed and won’t be replenished to anything like the same degree. So no upturn in sporting fortune will likely create a financial problem - that’s the more likely exit point.
Old 10th February 2020, 21.27:26   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
I don’t think so. I think the £50k off the first team budget, multi million pound business, dealing with companies of £xxxm etc etc are comments designed to make fans wonder whether they should turn the heat down and keep the status quo. Power and status is addictive, it’s easy to say you will quit, quite a different thing to do it.

In reality the business isn’t that big, £2m turnover isn’t ,in the grand scheme of business’s, that large, however it’s smallish turnover and limited customer base makes it fragile. Only sporting improvement will fundamentally improve the landscape. The debts got paid off by Wembley, cup runs, ward, Obeng, Taylor, Reid, Moult and other sales. That ship has largely sailed and won’t be replenished to anything like the same degree. So no upturn in sporting fortune will likely create a financial problem - that’s the more likely exit point.
I think it's a case of leave on his terms playing the victim card of abuse etc rather than risk being voted out at the AGM or worse, evidence to support the allegations is released
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.49:18.