Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th February 2020, 20.34:30   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Second disabled platform plan shelved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Whilst I support the disabled platform construction, there is an issue with safe egress from the lower GUS. Sounds like the ground safety committee have had an input here.
The platform has been redesigned at least 2 times and for what the DSA gain, 3 or 4 spaces with carers we could lose a lot more if the exit is impeded by this as it fits across part of the steps in that corner.
I honestly believe that there is a much better though more expensive solution to provide additional disabled spaces in the lower GUS.
The DSA's suggestion for some time, and prior to the club's P2 plan. Argument against, was primarily the removal of seating (in a lower tier which is pretty much unused!). The DSA pointed out the rather moot nature of the club's argument, and our objections to the corner idea, but the current plan was steamrollered through.
Old 7th February 2020, 20.38:06   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Yes, I believe that’s what Welsh Kiwi was told.
It's what we were all told, via the club's press release.

If the LR concert requires the corner for entry and exit, does this put the mockers on future concerts, when P2 is completed?.
Old 7th February 2020, 20.43:54   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
It's what we were all told, via the club's press release.

If the LR concert requires the corner for entry and exit, does this put the mockers on future concerts, when P2 is completed?.

Sure there'll be more excuses by the end of the concert to push it back far enough for people to forget about
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2020, 04.37:02   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Progress report about the platform, taken from the December WST Board Minutes:

"GJ – disabled platform plans with Phil Salmon. Original plans rejected by WCBC. Plans re-drawn. He has the materials to build, and it is ready to put together. On board meeting agenda for tomorrow night. New plans are better. Have full support of Dave Sharp (planning officer). Blessing of all the people that could stop it happening. Kit is three-quarters assembled in workshop. Matter of days assembling it on site here. Plans just need to be approved by Council."

Subsequent announcement of further delays until after the Lionel Richie concert defy credibility!

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 13th February 2020 at 04.42:28..
Old 13th February 2020, 05.27:13   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

No surprises here.

It is consistent with everything that has gone before.

The WST members voted democratically to build the platform. The WST board were against it.

The WST members won the vote.

Result. The platform does not get prioritised. There are differences of opinion between the key stakeholders of where the platform should be located.

The platform does not get build. The platform is continually delayed for one reason or another.

I do recognise it certainly isn't a very easy and simple thing for the Club to do. It requires design and build engineering, back and to planning approval, the loss of a few seats and allocating the finance budget to pay for it that would have been allocated to another area.

It also requires good clear communication to keep everyone updated. (Though this hasn't happened. It has seemed like visiting a dentist. Pulling teeth)

The bit I really don't get is why the WST board and Club board wouldn't have wanted to vote to support something that is truly an exceptional marketing asset for any club owned by its community of fan members. And apart from its marketing potential (media and press) the most important thing is providing fans (customers) of the Football Club with an equal playing field through equal accessibility and equal amenity.

The DSA have done and continue to do a fantastic job for those fans of Wrexham AFC with disabilities.

Diversity, accessibility and inclusivity for all are incredibly important elements in any progressive organisation in 2020.

I really don't get it at all.
Old 13th February 2020, 08.14:46   #24-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
No surprises here.

It is consistent with everything that has gone before.

The WST members voted democratically to build the platform. The WST board were against it.

The WST members won the vote.

Result. The platform does not get prioritised. There are differences of opinion between the key stakeholders of where the platform should be located.

The platform does not get build. The platform is continually delayed for one reason or another.

I do recognise it certainly isn't a very easy and simple thing for the Club to do. It requires design and build engineering, back and to planning approval, the loss of a few seats and allocating the finance budget to pay for it that would have been allocated to another area.

It also requires good clear communication to keep everyone updated. (Though this hasn't happened. It has seemed like visiting a dentist. Pulling teeth)

The bit I really don't get is why the WST board and Club board wouldn't have wanted to vote to support something that is truly an exceptional marketing asset for any club owned by its community of fan members. And apart from its marketing potential (media and press) the most important thing is providing fans (customers) of the Football Club with an equal playing field through equal accessibility and equal amenity.

The DSA have done and continue to do a fantastic job for those fans of Wrexham AFC with disabilities.

Diversity, accessibility and inclusivity for all are incredibly important elements in any progressive organisation in 2020.

I really don't get it at all.
The platform position doesn't require the loss of seats.
It's a poor solution to the problem in creating a stand alone area for a very limited no. of supporters. Preference given to away fans.
For home fans it is remote and whilst anything is better than nothing, this is as close to nothing that the disabled fans could get.
Old 13th February 2020, 08.31:28   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

As I see it there is no notice about this on the WST site. This is where such announcements should be posted first !!!!!! Or have I missed something?

The 'Fed' have their role but I would have thought paid up members should be kept informed first. It was after all a resolution of the members.
Old 13th February 2020, 08.35:36   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Toby - It wasn't the building of another platform per se, that the WST board opposed when voting took place, it was the actual resolution, and the necessity therein to bring such projects to fruition "at the earliest possible opportunity".
Old 13th February 2020, 08.39:57   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
As I see it there is no notice about this on the WST site. This is where such announcements should be posted first !!!!!! Or have I missed something?

The 'Fed' have their role but I would have thought paid up members should be kept informed first. It was after all a resolution of the members.
An announcement has been delayed, as the club are still waiting for official confirmation that the concert will mean the project being further delayed. This is very much expected, but hasn't yet been rubber-stamped.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.31:58.