RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST Members Not Receiving E-mails (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115393-wst-members-not-receiving-e-mails.html)

andy buckley 9th February 2020 17.30:56

Re: WST Members Not Receiving E-mails

[QUOTE=Jaded;2342644]Thanks!

On a side note, now up to 64 out of 104 people not receiving emails. Something of a concern.[/QUOTE]

Be interesting to know how many have checked with wst/club that they hold the correct email address or raised it as an issue, have added wst to safe sender list, checked their spam folder.

redtilidie 9th February 2020 20.11:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2342662]Be interesting to know how many have checked with wst/club that they hold the correct email address or raised it as an issue, have added wst to safe sender list, checked their spam folder.[/QUOTE]

Hang on here. What are you trying to say? I used to get mails but they stop coming 2 years ago (or thereabouts).Checked spam folder - no mail. Are you saying it's my fault?

Jaded 9th February 2020 20.16:20

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2342662]Be interesting to know how many have checked with wst/club that they hold the correct email address or raised it as an issue, have added wst to safe sender list, checked their spam folder.[/QUOTE]

Good question. As Dagg points out below, some people get some e-mails but not others which means the WST definitely have their e-mail addresses, while I'm not sure adding addresses to the safe sender list will do much if they're coming from a different address each time. (I suppose you could add the vresp.com domain to your safe sender list, but given the company seems to have a less than great reputation I don't know if people would be too keen to do that.)

[QUOTE=cpr7;2342094]Mine alway end up in spam folder.

Appears to be a different email address every time they send them as I alway select the this not junk option.

Latest one was sent from [email]members_meeting_17th_february_20@mail.vresp.com[/email][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dagg;2342661]I do receive e-mails on the odd occasion, but I haven't had one for the meeting.[/QUOTE]

andy buckley 9th February 2020 21.16:21

[QUOTE=redtilidie;2342707]Hang on here. What are you trying to say? I used to get mails but they stop coming 2 years ago (or thereabouts).Checked spam folder - no mail. Are you saying it's my fault?[/QUOTE]

Didn't say who was at fault the issue with certain hot mail addresses not receiving emails was an issue at least 18 months ago I know because I didn't use to get emails I then did the work around which some one put and now I get emails

Rob 9th February 2020 23.48:55

Depending on provider the open rate and other stats could well be logged.

If it is, then that data would not be sensitive and could be shared to see all sorts - best subjects, times to send, historic trends, bounces etc.

If such software is not used, and it is very common and cheap, it could be looked at.

I suspect it is used - so anyone asking may get some real data on current picture as well as conpare since system started?

The Only Way Is Up 10th February 2020 05.17:04

May 25th 2018 was a key date for businesses that sent out information by email to customers and members alike.

That was the date when those businesses had to comply with the then-new data protection Laws, one of the requirements for which was to ensure that emails were NO LONGER SENT to people who had not confirmed to them that they wished to receive them!

The club sent emails to members where they knew their email addresses, asking them to tick a box when replying to confirm their desire to receive future emails, . Anyone who had for any reason changed their email address would not have received the message, and I suspect that many were in that situation.

Equally, I suspect that there would have been many members who DID receive the request to reply, but had received many such emails from every business with whom they had communicated in the past. I know that I did, and I also know that I either ignored the request or simply forgot to reply. As a consequence, all businesses etc., that didn't receive your permission to continue sending messages had - by Law - to stop doing so.

This could explain why many members stopped receiving emails after that.

If you don't receive emails from the club now, even though you did receive them in the past, can I suggest that you give the club your permission to register your current email address under the Data protection rules - commonly referred to as GDPR opt-in.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.13:42.