Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2020, 11.44:09   #121-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Chesterfield reaction (3-2)

I feel the same, but will attend this year, as I have a season ticket. But after that ???. If the enjoyment not factor continues then I’ll stay in Chester and find other things to do. My jester supporting brother in law has invited me to watch the blues in the national league with him next season @ that’s going a step to far. But he may be right, in that we swap leagues. I’m really couldn’t cope with that - but it’s getting more likely

Hope to be there on the 17th
Old 9th February 2020, 11.45:29   #122-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Another defeat and Keates still seems unable to adapt and pick a team capable of threatening the opposition.

We will go all the way to the wire, with Saturday’s game against Torquay becoming another hurdle if we are to stay up.

Why, oh why, leave the best 2 attacking midfielders on the bench, and not even have a proper defender (Cleworth) on the bench?

Frustrating!
Old 9th February 2020, 11.57:08   #123-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Another defeat and Keates still seems unable to adapt and pick a team capable of threatening the opposition.

We will go all the way to the wire, with Saturday’s game against Torquay becoming another hurdle if we are to stay up.

Why, oh why, leave the best 2 attacking midfielders on the bench, and not even have a proper defender (Cleworth) on the bench?

Frustrating!
I didnt go but 2 goals and other chances sounds like we were a threat yesterday albeit let down by poor defending/goalkeeping and some suspect refereeing?

Ultimately losing to then is a crap result and puts us right back in trouble but surely some positives can be taken?
Old 9th February 2020, 11.59:13   #124-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

For me we looked very disjointed yesterday, Garret & Kennedy on the left looked very piss weak, I lost count of how many time's Kennedy skied the ball into the stands when there were easier options, panicking at every point he got the ball.
Hope he isn't awarded a contract next season.

Apart from Jay midfield looked vulnerable every time they attacked, complete contrast to Harrogate away when we looked in control against better opposition.
Jarvis would in my opinion added some control and possession in vital points of the game but it wasn't to be.

We missed Carra and hope he returns weekend, at least we know he's a 7/10 player.
It's going to be a roller coaster ride now, just hope we have the resilience to see us past the 50 point mark.
Old 9th February 2020, 12.08:48   #125-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

For those that went the game, do you think Rutherford would be an option at RB in the coming weeks? Surely he’d give us an attacking option going forward
Old 9th February 2020, 12.17:03   #126-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
For those that went the game, do you think Rutherford would be an option at RB in the coming weeks? Surely he’d give us an attacking option going forward
I went yesterday, when Ruthers can in it altered the dimension of the team, outlet on the right hand side
He tracked backed and offered support to Johnson.
On this basis I would play him
Right back and place Johnson in CB, that's if Pearsons out.
Wouldn't play Garret ever again, sorry but his display yesterday we can do better with one of our youth.
Old 9th February 2020, 12.22:04   #127-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halkynred View Post
I went yesterday, when Ruthers can in it altered the dimension of the team, outlet on the right hand side
He tracked backed and offered support to Johnson.
On this basis I would play him
Right back and place Johnson in CB, that's if Pearsons out.
Wouldn't play Garret ever again, sorry but his display yesterday we can do better with one of our youth.
I’m clutching at anything positive at the moment, so good to hear. Maybe carrington LB, Rutherford RB in a flat back 4 would work better for us now that we’ve options in the midfield
Old 9th February 2020, 12.43:45   #128-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I didnt go but 2 goals and other chances sounds like we were a threat yesterday albeit let down by poor defending/goalkeeping and some suspect refereeing?

Ultimately losing to then is a crap result and puts us right back in trouble but surely some positives can be taken?
Also avoided the game. Positives are good but points are essential.

At least he played 2 forwards but, IMHO, 5 at the back simply invites trouble, especially if we still haven’t sorted out the midfield, even though we now have a nailed-on formation (Jarvis/Young/Harris/K-Dunn).
Old 9th February 2020, 12.49:19   #129-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Also avoided the game. Positives are good but points are essential.

At least he played 2 forwards but, IMHO, 5 at the back simply invites trouble, especially if we still haven’t sorted out the midfield, even though we now have a nailed-on formation (Jarvis/Young/Harris/K-Dunn).
Yeah 2 up top definitely the way to go. You could make a case for Jarvis starting over Summerfield but 5 at the back has ground out improved results so I dont think this is the right time to be tinkering with 442 or the like. We have been hurt by losing Jennings and Carrington to injury and not adequately replacing them.

Garratt sounded v poor but Keates made the point he only came in 24 hours before and didnt know anyone so maybe you can cut him some slack and Thompson is a centre half trying his best as a right wing back and predictably failing. Hopefully Carra back next sat for another must win v Torquay who arent far out of trouble either.

I am not panicking and still think we will find enough points, maybe unexpectedly against the top sides when on paper there is less pressure.
Old 9th February 2020, 13.02:54   #130-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
...I am not panicking and still think we will find enough points, maybe unexpectedly against the top sides when on paper there is less pressure...
We'd better! All the teams we have to play are 15th or higher!

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=4920
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.44:54.