Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th February 2020, 08.28:04   #136-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Chesterfield reaction (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
About the cruellest way to lose a football match imaginable - to have taken the lead twice away from home and eventually to have lost in the 94th minute to such a strange goal was indeed gut wrenching.

Having taken the lead twice we let that lead evaporate within 4 minutes each time. The game could have gone either way in the end but not forgetting that a win was even more crucial to them than us - they started with 3 strikers in Denton, Fondop and Tyson plus their centre back, the massive Evans - they were certainly a threat going forward and it wouldn't surprise me if they pull on from hereon and escape the drop zone - hopefully both of us can escape - in reality we have both closed the gap on the pack above massively in recent weeks so much so that the likes of Aldershot, D & R, Maidenhead, Sutton and Torquay United are all in the mix.

I thought Pearson was doing well yesterday - he seemed to be frequently the one who cleared our lines, made the last man interception or got a foot in to thwart yet another attack.

His injury I believe was due to a clash of boots with Fondop in challenging for the ball so whether he has got a foot injury we will have to wait and see. However he had already had similar clashes perhaps twice where his feet appeared to suffer kicks.

We need him fit and available for next week - thought we would have done much better if we had both Carrington & Jennings yesterday but doesn't bode well if Pearson is out - he's the only one it appears who can hold the back line together. Strangely this season his goals from set pieces have dried up and neither Kennedy or Lawlor are chipping in with the occasional goal.
Good post. Pearsons injury seemed to be the top of his foot, like a metatarsal, hopefully just bruising
Old 10th February 2020, 08.46:08   #137-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

If Pearson is out for the season then we are in big trouble.
Even though he's on the decline he's still makes a difference and keeps the defence in line. Without him from what I've seen its a complete mess.

If we have to finish the season with Lawlor, Kennedy and Thompson in defence that doesn't fill me with any confidence and could spell disaster.

Finally, I hope the people who were talking about the play offs not long ago get all the care and treatment they need.
Old 10th February 2020, 09.03:43   #138-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If Pearson is out for the season then we are in big trouble.
Even though he's on the decline he's still makes a difference and keeps the defence in line. Without him from what I've seen its a complete mess.

If we have to finish the season with Lawlor, Kennedy and Thompson in defence that doesn't fill me with any confidence and could spell disaster.

Finally, I hope the people who were talking about the play offs not long ago get all the care and treatment they need.
Captain seen this morning walking gingerly down the main corridor of the Maelor heading to who knows where !!!!!!
Old 10th February 2020, 10.10:34   #139-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Just watched the highlights...

What struck me most for the first goal we let in was Hooper lost the ball quite deep in there half but made absolutely no effort to chase the guy down. Literally just stood there after losing it. For me that speaks volumes about a players attitude. If he ran after him and attempted to get the ball back fair enough but he didn't.

Im going to say this now with Pearson but I think he has broken his metatarsal bone in his foot. Fondop just looked to be acting like a complete twat most of the game.
Old 10th February 2020, 10.51:05   #140-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Just watched the highlights...

What struck me most for the first goal we let in was Hooper lost the ball quite deep in there half but made absolutely no effort to chase the guy down. Literally just stood there after losing it. For me that speaks volumes about a players attitude. If he ran after him and attempted to get the ball back fair enough but he didn't.

Im going to say this now with Pearson but I think he has broken his metatarsal bone in his foot. Fondop just looked to be acting like a complete twat most of the game.
Hooper is lazy. Doesn't close down when out of possession. Doesn't move along the front line when we are in possession, which cost him for the chance he did get as he arrived late. Doesn't challenge for headers. Basically just walks around waiting for a through ball and doesn't make things happen.

He is the best we have at the moment, apart from Ponticelli, who totally outshone him, so we will have to stick with him. I would get rid at the end of he season.
Old 10th February 2020, 11.42:22   #141-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Heard reports it doesn't look good for Pearson...

I really hope these rumours are way off.
Old 10th February 2020, 12.01:38   #142-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Method Maws View Post
Hooper is lazy. Doesn't close down when out of possession. Doesn't move along the front line when we are in possession, which cost him for the chance he did get as he arrived late. Doesn't challenge for headers. Basically just walks around waiting for a through ball and doesn't make things happen.

He is the best we have at the moment, apart from Ponticelli, who totally outshone him, so we will have to stick with him. I would get rid at the end of he season.
Ponticelli was a polar opposite of Hooper - he chased after everything all day long and closed down the opposition - we looked far better with two strikers on the pitch but when we don't have the ball defending has to start from the front - Hooper doesn't seem to think that involves him and makes no attempt to close the opposition down, no aggression, no tracking back or trying to retrieve the ball - as though he expects everyone else to do the work for him.

Saying that he could have scored and came close plus he put Ponticelli through for his goal - he has some good attributes and with a certain type of service could do well - but he doesn't seem to be a team player when we don't have the ball.

It was good to see Ponticelli for a full 90 minutes - he looks decent and has the right attitude - he should get even better with a few games under his belt.
Old 10th February 2020, 12.20:20   #143-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Heard reports it doesn't look good for Pearson...

I really hope these rumours are way off.
If what you are hearing is true Keates best have a very good CB lined up to come in.
It can't be the usual punt signing. It has to be along the lines of Creighton when we got him in on loan.
Old 10th February 2020, 13.15:22   #144-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Ponticelli was a polar opposite of Hooper - he chased after everything all day long and closed down the opposition - we looked far better with two strikers on the pitch but when we don't have the ball defending has to start from the front - Hooper doesn't seem to think that involves him and makes no attempt to close the opposition down, no aggression, no tracking back or trying to retrieve the ball - as though he expects everyone else to do the work for him.

Saying that he could have scored and came close plus he put Ponticelli through for his goal - he has some good attributes and with a certain type of service could do well - but he doesn't seem to be a team player when we don't have the ball.

It was good to see Ponticelli for a full 90 minutes - he looks decent and has the right attitude - he should get even better with a few games under his belt.
He needs the ball along the ground, He never was or never will be a target man. Your right he could be a good player but with the set up we have and tactics we play it doesn't work for him 95% of the time.

Hate to say it but if Pearson is out the rest of the season then that might be the final ingredient for us to get relegated. Speaking to the Notts County fans in work and they played Chesterfield the other week and beat them 3-0. Said they were the worst team they've played this season.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.58:59.