RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   ‘Yeah Look’ - Post Match Dean Keates Interview (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115398-%91yeah-look%92-post-match-dean-keates-interview.html)

northwalian dragon 9th February 2020 13.49:47

Re: ‘Yeah Look’ - Post Match Dean Keates Interview

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2342626]Jay gives a good interview to be fair[/QUOTE]

Went over at the end of the game too to speak to fans and take some responsibility for the loss

Meanwhile our manager runs down the tunnel when we lose and blames everyone else in the interviews

marathonplny 9th February 2020 15.33:07

Credit where credits due with Jay Harris

I hope that he’s right

markh 9th February 2020 16.14:51

Look, at least Dean has said they'll make sure of the 3 points next week. Look, hope you all enjoy those 3 points next week as it's a cast iron guarantee...a Dean (look)Keates guarantee :bulb:

Windsor Mike 9th February 2020 17.17:48

Give him some credit, he's managed to drop the "obviously 's" for the "look's"

Tactically limited and a lack of motivation

the sleeping giant dies 9th February 2020 18.07:41

starting to look as though we re heading down, these players are lazy not all of them but some are. some could nt give a toss about our club our history or wether we get relegated. the board are to blame we will fold due to their stupid appointments and big egos.if we go down. but whats going to happen next year if we stay up, if theres no proper investment in decent quality players then it will be the same as this year and next year we might not get away with it again. how are the board going to get the 2 thousand or so supporters back, as many more are losing interest after every game now. will they eat humble pie and say sorry we f--ked up. not a bloody chance. keates is clueless and so is the rest of the coaching staff. rip wrexham fc and for all you happy clappers you can all f--k off as well you re just as bad as the board :31::31::31:

RedArmy123 9th February 2020 18.15:55

Not watching it as it’s the same interview repeated. Harris’ interview was refreshing, good to see someone being honest

shetred 9th February 2020 18.45:07

This reply on facebook regarding criticism of Keates's interviews post match....

[ I know DK and assure you he is very effective at getting his point across. He is well received by the players especially now as he has more of his own players. I’m sure he would possibly agree that his press interviews could be improved but I’m happy to forego that and get him to keep us in this league. ]

Cenotaff 9th February 2020 19.02:25

I agree that how you come across shoved in front of mic's and cameras isn't how you are naturally, Morrell was somewhat similar in that he always sounded stressed but Morrell would always give you honest chat in the main whereas Keates is nervous in front of the media but also a cliché ridden manager who can't seem to open up and discuss things frankly. It's just fluff until the next game. Media training for players and managers is one of the worst things about the modern game. It's hardly worth listening to most interviews because they are just stock answers in the main. You'll get some who go against the grain which is refreshing.

It's not just Keates in front of the media that people aren't happy with. I think that person on Facebook should remember that. It's results, signings over his whole time here, zero lack of faith in any of our youngsters whilst taking on other clubs youngsters, seemingly without checking them out, who have been complete duds, lack of substitutes to try and change the game, a lack of a go for the 3 points mentality, no real evidence of improving players, seemingly being a yes boy for the board/Darlington (that is very much more interpretive/speculative though).

Not to mention the ditching us for Walsall when we were at such a crucial stage of the season. I get it and don't blame him but many won't forgive and is another reason why it was stupid to bring him back. Stupidly decisive decision. If they wanted to get an ex manager in to keep us up yet not completely screw with the fan base then Morrell until the end of the season would have been wiser.

deeside_dragon 9th February 2020 23.53:41

Me and the lad watch his post match interviews, and when he says "look" turn it off. We haven't gone longer than about 3 seconds !!!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.13:12.