Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2020, 19.55:13   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: "Congratulations to the supporters...."

Bratislava is the posiible location, seems to be many piggybacking on the same IP address.
Old 9th February 2020, 21.29:33   #22-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
At the minute John Mills is using a Slovak based VPN, anyone good with computers could check potentially to see if correspondences have come from such a VPN.
He has also previously used a Dutch based email provider
Old 9th February 2020, 22.34:40   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and that’s holding us back, success-wise.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Is this right or wrong? Should we break the bank to try to get back to the FL?
Gung ho, succeed or die trying?
Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.
Old 9th February 2020, 22.52:40   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and that’s holding us back, success-wise.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.
The whole transfer clauses we had should have been us going all out, they have pissed it all down the drain.

You don’t know if there’s anyone out there as these T*ats won’t speak to anyone, and nobody could do a worse job than these clowns.

No offence but it seems to me your a nodding dog, you clearly like the fan ownership idea and it’s exactly why your not keen on people being accountable for their actions ie the board members names being mentioned. So every premier league club and football league club has an owner who wants their land and ground?

Truth is fan ownership has ruined this club and the way forward now is a fresh start with a new owner.

Last edited by crazywelsh; 9th February 2020 at 22.53:57..
Old 9th February 2020, 23.17:56   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Accepting the latter is such a dangerous mentality which a number have adopted. Another 10 years of non-league mediocrity would be incredibly damaging to this club. We survive off our attendances, if those drop then what hope do we have?

Your earlier comment about there being no hope of having interested parties is completely incorrect. Bryn Law knew of an interested consortium and I bet if we put ourselves out there, many decent businessmen looking to expand into the world of football due to their passion for the sport would leap at the chance. They wouldn't need to put anywhere near the money in that the likes of Fleetwood or Crawley's owners pumped in to get them up to the football league.

Last edited by Hometown Unicorn; 9th February 2020 at 23.19:43..
Old 9th February 2020, 23.51:01   #26-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Same old same old invisible investors.
You need to find one with a lot of money!!!
And then ? Every thread is inundated by the same few
Negative contributors . Better to call this site
Another name .
Old 10th February 2020, 00.54:51   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Accepting the latter is such a dangerous mentality which a number have adopted. Another 10 years of non-league mediocrity would be incredibly damaging to this club. We survive off our attendances, if those drop then what hope do we have?

Your earlier comment about there being no hope of having interested parties is completely incorrect. Bryn Law knew of an interested consortium and I bet if we put ourselves out there, many decent businessmen looking to expand into the world of football due to their passion for the sport would leap at the chance. They wouldn't need to put anywhere near the money in that the likes of Fleetwood or Crawley's owners pumped in to get them up to the football league.
Agree every word.
Old 10th February 2020, 01.21:01   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Same old same old invisible investors.
You need to find one with a lot of money!!!
And then ? Every thread is inundated by the same few
Negative contributors . Better to call this site
Another name .
Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?
Old 10th February 2020, 01.41:29   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?
Iv had enough of fan ownership to be honest, I think itís the worst move the club has taken.
Old 10th February 2020, 07.56:18   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Thereís no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether thatís a good thing or not, I donít know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We donít own it so thereís nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything wonít appeal either.

Iím not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that Iíd level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and thatís holding us back, success-wise.

I dunno. All I know Iíll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.
two very separate points in that paragraph.

We don't know that there is no one out there, but the second part of the paragraph is true.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.01:40.