RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   "Congratulations to the supporters...." (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115401-congratulations-supporters.html)

northwalian dragon 10th February 2020 01.21:01

Re: "Congratulations to the supporters...."

[QUOTE=griff49;2342747]Same old same old invisible investors.
You need to find one with a lot of money!!!
And then ? Every thread is inundated by the same few
Negative contributors . Better to call this site
Another name .[/QUOTE]

Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?

crazywelsh 10th February 2020 01.41:29

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2342752]Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?[/QUOTE]

Iv had enough of fan ownership to be honest, I think it’s the worst move the club has taken.

krux 10th February 2020 07.56:18

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736][B]There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.[/B]

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and that’s holding us back, success-wise.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Is this right or wrong? Should we break the bank to try to get back to the FL?
Gung ho, succeed or die trying?
Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.[/QUOTE]

two very separate points in that paragraph.

We don't know that there is no one out there, but the second part of the paragraph is true.

krux 10th February 2020 07.57:42

[B]You need to find one with a lot of money!!![/B]
Another name .[/QUOTE]

we do. when is the advert going out?

Foxy 10th February 2020 08.07:36

Another name .[/QUOTE]

Set up your own Club killer site then

Jaded 10th February 2020 08.12:02

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736]
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
[/QUOTE]

Is the second platform fiasco and sniping at the DSA because we're being run as a business? Is the dire communication to fans because we're being run as a business? Is the "nobody can do what I do" mindset exhibited by several people - notably John Mills in the e-mail sent yesterday because we're being run as a business? Are the numerous failures to respond to offers of help because we're being run as a business?

I could go on, but I don't have the patience.

I'm still generally in favour of fan ownership as I think it could work with a good board in place; however I can't see this lot relinquishing their hold which makes it fairly academic.

Jaded 10th February 2020 08.13:09

Negative contributors .[B] Better to call this site
Another name .[/B][/QUOTE]

Great point.

My suggestion would be "The site that played a major part in organising funds to ensure we survived when money was needed at short notice."

Anyone got anything catchier?

Striderman 10th February 2020 08.17:08

[QUOTE=Jaded;2342761]Great point.

My suggestion would be "The site that played a major part in organising funds to ensure we survived when money was needed at short notice."

Anyone got anything catchier?[/QUOTE]

'Get Promotion Done'

redavid 10th February 2020 10.00:39

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2342666]He needs to be removed and given a banning order then.

It seems the opinion of a few idiots is dictating the future of our club.[/QUOTE]

It Makes you wonder the real reason why Don Bircham , Barry Horne , then Bryn Law really stepped down . ?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.50:48.