RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   "Congratulations to the supporters...." (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115401-congratulations-supporters.html)

Congy Red 9th February 2020 16.40:18

"Congratulations to the supporters...."

"Congratulations to the supporters of fan ownership, you've destroyed the football club thousands of fans have supported for generations." - Dixienormous 9/2/20.

Cenotaff 9th February 2020 17.25:53

Re: "Congratulations to the supporters...."

I don't think fan ownership is particularly the problem. More the decisions of the people who supposedly represent us. To appoint the likes of Hughes, Newell, Barrow, re-hire Keates etc are just stupid appointments and choices, not exactly a fan owned issue.

Hometown Unicorn 9th February 2020 17.28:37

It's not supporters of fan ownership who are killing the club, it's those who are still supporting our board, as well as those sitting on it.

John Neals Dynasty 9th February 2020 17.32:11

I think it's a bit of a both but mainly supporters of the regime in charge.

Cartman 9th February 2020 17.38:14

We can/could have got out of this league under fan ownership, but we will NEVER do it with the specific individuals currently running the club (unless we go out through the trapdoor, of course).

As a minimum, Pete Jones and John Mills need to be removed then banned from having any involvement whatsoever with the club. And that includes even attending matches.

Spencer Harris should be given a reduced role on a probationary basis where he has no involvement whatsoever with the footballing side of things. And if he makes any attempt whatsoever to go above and beyond his new station, he will receive the same treatment as the other un-wise men.

Hometown Unicorn 9th February 2020 17.41:29

[QUOTE=Cartman;2342652]We can/could have got out of this league under fan ownership, but we will NEVER do it with the specific individuals currently running the club (unless we go out through the trapdoor, of course).

As a minimum, Pete Jones and John Mills need to be removed then banned from having any involvement whatsoever with the club. And that includes even attending matches.

Spencer Harris should be given a reduced role on a probationary basis where he has no involvement whatsoever with the footballing side of things. And if he makes any attempt whatsoever to go above and beyond his new station, he will receive the same treatment as the other un-wise men.[/QUOTE]

Very harsh on Pete this. His intentions are good but he's blind to the fact he's part of the reason this club is at a crisis. That isn't worthy of a lifetime ban from the club but if anyone can prove the John Mills accusations to be true then no doubt hand him with a lifetime ban.

dixienormous 9th February 2020 18.05:21

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342649]It's not supporters of fan ownership who are killing the club, it's those who are still supporting our board, as well as those sitting on it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the ones in charge from PJ to the club board and obvioulsy the ones who support them. Only a fool would argue against change to the current set up.

Corner Flag 9th February 2020 18.15:26

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342653]Very harsh on Pete this. His intentions are good but he's blind to the fact he's part of the reason this club is at a crisis. That isn't worthy of a lifetime ban from the club but if anyone can prove the John Mills accusations to be true then no doubt hand him with a lifetime ban.[/QUOTE]

Agree about Peter who is 100% WAFC through and through but way out of his depth regarding being the WST chairman.

Jaded 9th February 2020 18.20:49

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2342655]Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the ones in charge from PJ to the club board and obvioulsy the ones who support them. Only a fool would argue against change to the current set up.[/QUOTE]

Very hard to disagree with this, to be honest.

Foxy 9th February 2020 18.27:59

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2342656]Agree about Peter who is 100% WAFC through and through but way out of his depth regarding being the WST chairman.[/QUOTE]

If he prioritises fans ownership over Wrexham FC he is not “100% WAFC”

Answer Release 9th February 2020 18.31:16

[QUOTE=Foxy;2342660]If he prioritises fans ownership over Wrexham FC he is not “100% WAFC”[/QUOTE]

Pete Jones is one of the characters who would see the club relegated before giving up on fan ownership.

There is absolutely no discussion over where his views sit and he’s not for changing.

The likes of Pete, Spencer, Lindsay Jones, dismal jimmies / JCP may have been heavily involved in saving the club years ago but are now collectively very dangerous.

jacthelad 9th February 2020 18.33:08

[QUOTE=Foxy;2342660]If he prioritises fans ownership over Wrexham FC he is not “100% WAFC”[/QUOTE]
Agree with this. Im not totally against fan ownership but we should certainly not be as closed off to investment as pete jones is. And i also beleive if the board truly supported fan ownership (and not their own power trip) they would step down as they are potentially causing irreversible damage.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

sparky 9th February 2020 18.33:16

Very much this.

dixienormous 9th February 2020 18.39:50

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2342663]Pete Jones is one of the characters who would see the club relegated before giving up on fan ownership.

There is absolutely no discussion over where his views sit and he’s not for changing.

The likes of Pete, Spencer, Lindsay Jones, dismal jimmies / JCP may have been heavily involved in saving the club years ago but are now collectively very dangerous.[/QUOTE]

He needs to be removed and given a banning order then.

It seems the opinion of a few idiots is dictating the future of our club.

Foxy 9th February 2020 18.50:17

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2342663]Pete Jones is one of the characters who would see the club relegated before giving up on fan ownership.

The likes of Pete, Spencer, Lindsay Jones, dismal jimmies / JCP may have been heavily involved in saving the club years ago but are now collectively very dangerous.[/QUOTE]

Agree. All of those named should be allowed to watch the club but should never again be allowed to participate in any form of ownership or executive role.

Hometown Unicorn 9th February 2020 19.02:11

Also agree. I don't believe his actions warrant a perma-ban mind.

Just a lifetime ban from ever working for the club in any capacity.

Hometown Unicorn 9th February 2020 19.04:33

Our chance to oust this lot will come in summer, with votes at the AGM. A large number of proposals need to be put forward to ensure constitutional changes as well as personnel changes.

To all of you, please make sure you get signed up to the WST. This club is far more important than your pride so swallow it and make sure you have a vote in June.

Rob Edwards 9th February 2020 19.18:13

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342674]Our chance to oust this lot will come in summer, with votes at the AGM. A large number of proposals need to be put forward to ensure constitutional changes as well as personnel changes.

To all of you, please make sure you get signed up to the WST. This club is far more important than your pride so swallow it and make sure you have a vote in June.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly as had intended to create thread on a call to arms for WST membership.We are not happy with the way its run but can only be changed from the inside if that makes sense

northwalian dragon 9th February 2020 19.24:59

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342674]Our chance to oust this lot will come in summer, with votes at the AGM. A large number of proposals need to be put forward to ensure constitutional changes as well as personnel changes.

To all of you, please make sure you get signed up to the WST. This club is far more important than your pride so swallow it and make sure you have a vote in June.[/QUOTE]

This. Spot on.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 9th February 2020 19.35:04

At the minute John Mills is using a Slovak based VPN, anyone good with computers could check potentially to see if correspondences have come from such a VPN.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 9th February 2020 19.55:13

Bratislava is the posiible location, seems to be many piggybacking on the same IP address.

Haruki 9th February 2020 21.29:33

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2342680]At the minute John Mills is using a Slovak based VPN, anyone good with computers could check potentially to see if correspondences have come from such a VPN.[/QUOTE]

He has also previously used a Dutch based email provider

WrexSi 9th February 2020 22.34:40

There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and that’s holding us back, success-wise.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Is this right or wrong? Should we break the bank to try to get back to the FL?
Gung ho, succeed or die trying?
Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.

crazywelsh 9th February 2020 22.52:40

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736]There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.[/QUOTE]

The whole transfer clauses we had should have been us going all out, they have pissed it all down the drain.

You don’t know if there’s anyone out there as these T*ats won’t speak to anyone, and nobody could do a worse job than these clowns.

No offence but it seems to me your a nodding dog, you clearly like the fan ownership idea and it’s exactly why your not keen on people being accountable for their actions ie the board members names being mentioned. So every premier league club and football league club has an owner who wants their land and ground?

Truth is fan ownership has ruined this club and the way forward now is a fresh start with a new owner.

Hometown Unicorn 9th February 2020 23.17:56

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736]Is this right or wrong? Should we break the bank to try to get back to the FL?
Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up. [/QUOTE]

Accepting the latter is such a dangerous mentality which a number have adopted. Another 10 years of non-league mediocrity would be incredibly damaging to this club. We survive off our attendances, if those drop then what hope do we have?

Your earlier comment about there being no hope of having interested parties is completely incorrect. Bryn Law knew of an interested consortium and I bet if we put ourselves out there, many decent businessmen looking to expand into the world of football due to their passion for the sport would leap at the chance. They wouldn't need to put anywhere near the money in that the likes of Fleetwood or Crawley's owners pumped in to get them up to the football league.

griff49 9th February 2020 23.51:01

Same old same old invisible investors.
You need to find one with a lot of money!!!
And then ? Every thread is inundated by the same few
Negative contributors . Better to call this site
Another name .

Rob Edwards 10th February 2020 00.54:51

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342743]Accepting the latter is such a dangerous mentality which a number have adopted. Another 10 years of non-league mediocrity would be incredibly damaging to this club. We survive off our attendances, if those drop then what hope do we have?

Your earlier comment about there being no hope of having interested parties is completely incorrect. Bryn Law knew of an interested consortium and I bet if we put ourselves out there, many decent businessmen looking to expand into the world of football due to their passion for the sport would leap at the chance. They wouldn't need to put anywhere near the money in that the likes of Fleetwood or Crawley's owners pumped in to get them up to the football league.[/QUOTE]

Agree every word.

northwalian dragon 10th February 2020 01.21:01

[QUOTE=griff49;2342747]Same old same old invisible investors.
Another name .[/QUOTE]

Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?

crazywelsh 10th February 2020 01.41:29

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2342752]Do you though? Or do you just need to find capable board members that don't throw away hundreds of thousands of pounds per year on shite managers, coaches and players?[/QUOTE]

Iv had enough of fan ownership to be honest, I think it’s the worst move the club has taken.

krux 10th February 2020 07.56:18

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736][B]There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.[/B]

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.[/QUOTE]

two very separate points in that paragraph.

We don't know that there is no one out there, but the second part of the paragraph is true.

krux 10th February 2020 07.57:42

[B]You need to find one with a lot of money!!![/B]
Another name .[/QUOTE]

we do. when is the advert going out?

Foxy 10th February 2020 08.07:36

Another name .[/QUOTE]

Set up your own Club killer site then

Jaded 10th February 2020 08.12:02

[QUOTE=WrexSi;2342736]
[/QUOTE]

Is the second platform fiasco and sniping at the DSA because we're being run as a business? Is the dire communication to fans because we're being run as a business? Is the "nobody can do what I do" mindset exhibited by several people - notably John Mills in the e-mail sent yesterday because we're being run as a business? Are the numerous failures to respond to offers of help because we're being run as a business?

I could go on, but I don't have the patience.

I'm still generally in favour of fan ownership as I think it could work with a good board in place; however I can't see this lot relinquishing their hold which makes it fairly academic.

Jaded 10th February 2020 08.13:09

Negative contributors .[B] Better to call this site
Another name .[/B][/QUOTE]

Great point.

My suggestion would be "The site that played a major part in organising funds to ensure we survived when money was needed at short notice."

Anyone got anything catchier?

Striderman 10th February 2020 08.17:08

[QUOTE=Jaded;2342761]Great point.

My suggestion would be "The site that played a major part in organising funds to ensure we survived when money was needed at short notice."

Anyone got anything catchier?[/QUOTE]

'Get Promotion Done'

redavid 10th February 2020 10.00:39

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2342666]He needs to be removed and given a banning order then.

It seems the opinion of a few idiots is dictating the future of our club.[/QUOTE]

It Makes you wonder the real reason why Don Bircham , Barry Horne , then Bryn Law really stepped down . ?

eosceiriog 10th February 2020 10.08:39

Another name .[/QUOTE]

What is invisible because it does not exist is leadership and vision.

Potential outside help is invisible to you and your fellow travellers, including the people leading us in name only, because of a lack of vision and a desire to hang on to a level of power that many of these incompetents could never otherwise achieve anywhere else.

Their job is to find help and funds rather than find ever novel ways of telling us why it could or should not be done. Leaders find a way where others cannot.

What's wrong with the club is entirely down to lack of decent leadership and vision, the rest including poor football results and attempting to mislead fans etc. are merely symptoms not the cause.

I do not consider myself negative. If you want to keep the standards set under "fan" ownership what we have today may be acceptable. If you want much better, then it is not acceptable, and that is the positive attitude. Accepting mediocrity is negativity of the first water.

crazywelsh 10th February 2020 14.19:03

[QUOTE=redavid;2342774]It Makes you wonder the real reason why Don Bircham , Barry Horne , then Bryn Law really stepped down . ?[/QUOTE]

Dealing with the idiots on the board 100% definitely read the statements it’s there inbetween the lines.

WrexSi 10th February 2020 16.54:51

Krux, Jaded, Unicorn, crazywelsh, cheers for the feedbacks since my post.
Totally respect everyone’s views and opinions. Really good stuff.
We all want the best for our club. COYR.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 10th February 2020 17.11:59

[QUOTE=Cartman;2342652]We can/could have got out of this league under fan ownership, but we will NEVER do it with the specific individuals currently running the club (unless we go out through the trapdoor, of course).

Spencer Harris should be given a reduced role on a probationary basis where he has no involvement whatsoever with the footballing side of things. And if he makes any attempt whatsoever to go above and beyond his new station, he will receive the same treatment as the other un-wise men.[/QUOTE]

Can I please ask respectfully what has Peter Jones done wrong? I honestly do not know and need to know please.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.38:37.