Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th February 2020, 08.44:21   #73-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
The only way is up, is clearly stating “Let’s maintain the Status quo”. I must not disrespect his/her opinions, but seriously? Are we happy just to sit back and let the present regime run this club into the ground? We know the good that the Trust has done, but it’s now time to act.
If Monday’s Meeting is full of nodding dogs, then we have lost it. If we want a football club for our kids in the future, we need to get off our key boards and arses and get our views across.
I agree but your advice stops short of what happens next? We all go and get our views across on Monday, then what happens? Getting your views across in Monday's meeting or on here achieves the same things doesn't it? i.e. Nothing.

Should be interesting anyhow...
Old 14th February 2020, 09.11:33   #74-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

I'm away this weekend, but can I please request the mods keep this thread open after yesterday's match?
Old 14th February 2020, 09.11:43   #75-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Phil, I will be wearing a red rose on my lapel and be carrying a copy of the Times under my arm. The beer is on you!
Old 14th February 2020, 09.20:33   #76-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I agree but your advice stops short of what happens next? We all go and get our views across on Monday, then what happens? Getting your views across in Monday's meeting or on here achieves
the same things doesn't it? i.e. Nothing.

Should be interesting anyhow...
And there lies the krux of the matter. As things stand on here it is all words and posturing. I cannot see any proper plan to take over . Willing to look at something openly published but until I can be persuaded that what is on the table is absolutely a better option than we have now the current set up and people who I voted for remain in place.
Old 14th February 2020, 16.45:35   #77-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
The only way is up, is clearly stating “Let’s maintain the Status quo”. I must not disrespect his/her opinions, but seriously? Are we happy just to sit back and let the present regime run this club into the ground? We know the good that the Trust has done, but it’s now time to act.
If Monday’s Meeting is full of nodding dogs, then we have lost it. If we want a football club for our kids in the future, we need to get off our key boards and arses and get our views across.
No he certainly is not suggesting that matters be left as they are. If you were to read the emails that are posted elsewhere, you will see the criticism of the current "status quo."

I have yet to see anybody add their letters or emails of complaint to that particular thread, which possibly helps to explain why that "status quo" has not been changed to overcome the challenges the team faces on the pitch, and the challenges that fans/members face when watching us lose points to teams beneath us for example.

If you let a sleeping dog lie, he's unlikely to go off chasing around the greyhound track. Our "sleeping dogs" are the same. If they don't see our opinions they won't change a thing.

The more members that the Trust has, the bigger the pool of talent that will be available to make positive changes in the Board room, and the greater the chance of finding some new members that might dig deep instead of it always being the same faces that fill the buckets. If you were thinking of becoming a wealthy benefactor, would you choose a club that had lost its spirit as well as its fanbase, or would you chose one whose supporters have fire in their bellies to reward your input with their loyalty?

Attend the meeting next week. Send in your opinions - not here or on FB where they won't make the slightest difference, but to the only people that can make the changes we all want today, and that's the ones who are currently in charge and answerable to all members - write to the Board, NOW!
Old 14th February 2020, 17.17:56   #78-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
No he certainly is not suggesting that matters be left as they are. If you were to read the emails that are posted elsewhere, you will see the criticism of the current "status quo."

I have yet to see anybody add their letters or emails of complaint to that particular thread, which possibly helps to explain why that "status quo" has not been changed to overcome the challenges the team faces on the pitch, and the challenges that fans/members face when watching us lose points to teams beneath us for example.

If you let a sleeping dog lie, he's unlikely to go off chasing around the greyhound track. Our "sleeping dogs" are the same. If they don't see our opinions they won't change a thing.

The more members that the Trust has, the bigger the pool of talent that will be available to make positive changes in the Board room, and the greater the chance of finding some new members that might dig deep instead of it always being the same faces that fill the buckets. If you were thinking of becoming a wealthy benefactor, would you choose a club that had lost its spirit as well as its fanbase, or would you chose one whose supporters have fire in their bellies to reward your input with their loyalty?

Attend the meeting next week. Send in your opinions - not here or on FB where they won't make the slightest difference, but to the only people that can make the changes we all want today, and that's the ones who are currently in charge and answerable to all members - write to the Board, NOW!
I wouldn't choose one that gives me the same voice as someone paying £15 per year
Old 14th February 2020, 17.42:38   #79-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
And there lies the krux of the matter. As things stand on here it is all words and posturing. I cannot see any proper plan to take over . Willing to look at something openly published but until I can be persuaded that what is on the table is absolutely a better option than we have now the current set up and people who I voted for remain in place.
FSS - in your opinion, what’s the point of the meeting on Monday night?
Old 14th February 2020, 19.28:41   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

There is a lot of good in this post.

And I really do hope it makes a difference.

The only caveat I would add in my own personal experience is each time I have tried to help with an idea, I have been rejected by board members of either WST or WAFC. The only time an idea was actually taken on board was when I added a £5,000 payment to it.
Old 14th February 2020, 19.37:02   #81-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
There is a lot of good in this post.

And I really do hope it makes a difference.

The only caveat I would add in my own personal experience is each time I have tried to help with an idea, I have been rejected by board members of either WST or WAFC. The only time an idea was actually taken on board was when I added a £5,000 payment to it.
Be very interested to hear what your ideas were. Then people on RP can think why the hell did the board reject that or we can understand why it was rejected.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.43:47.