RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115406-time-now-sign-up-wst.html)

Hometown Unicorn 10th February 2020 18.24:06

THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

Evening all,

Just a plea from myself to get yourselves signed up to the Wrexham Supporters Trust. You cannot make any resolutions at this summer's AGM or even vote for them if you are not a member and I would not trust this board to make it clear what the deadline for signing up is before it's too late to have a vote, so get it done now. If you set it up through standing order it costs as little as £1 per month, which is a pittance to have a say in what will be one of the most important meeting's in this club's recent history.

Some of you may have reservations about joining the trust which I completely understand. WST ownership hasn't exactly been a smooth ride and a lot of you do not want to give this club any more of your hard earned money while we are in the hands of the Trust. I believe this club's future is far more important than your pride, so please try to swallow it in order to see us through a bumpy patch and into a brighter future. You may be the difference between another 5 seasons of mediocrity under this regime and a brighter future where fans are regularly updated on the club's ongoings, managerial appointments are taken with greater due care and we are run like the great football club we are.

Instructions on how to sign up through standing order can be found here: [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/fanzone/wrexham-supporters-trust[/url]

Rob 10th February 2020 18.32:12

Re: THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

I dont want to derail the thread at all so this is said as praising democracy and this democratic move - whatever the vote outcome.

With a 100% or substantive shareholder owner such a route would not be possible.

Remember to vote early and vote often!

dixienormous 10th February 2020 18.33:09

People just don't want to be invloved in the political side of it and they wont turn on the tools due to the fact they're seen as heroic volunteers.

The board should do what most decent people would do, realise they've unintentionally failed the club and step down, without the need for a vote, a vote which represents about 2% of the fanbase with all of those being hardline wst club killers.

Lets be honest any votes will be rigged.

Wxm boy 10th February 2020 18.33:10

But they just ignore the resolutions they don't like.

See the second disabled platform.

Woody 10th February 2020 18.36:53

So what’s the crack, are there certain people up for re-election at the agm?

dragonspark 10th February 2020 18.54:13

my apologies Hometown Unicorn i can not join, your motives are excellant but i feel that an increase in membership would be translatyed inyo support for the trust/board whom i have had reservations about for years, for those who think that increasing membership to influence the board is the right way, i salute you

ruthinred 10th February 2020 19.06:47

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2342878]my apologies Hometown Unicorn i can not join, your motives are excellant but i feel that an increase in membership would be translatyed inyo support for the trust/board whom i have had reservations about for years, for those who think that increasing membership to influence the board is the right way, i salute you[/QUOTE]

I'm a member of the WST , even though I want away with fans ownership

Destroy from within

northwalian dragon 10th February 2020 19.07:14

Not joining and not voting gives the current setup a mandate to carry on

Swallow your pride, sign up and vote for change!

Willywill 10th February 2020 19.20:30

Exactly! We know why we joined. We can sleep soundly in our beds knowing that joining the WST in this instance, is for the future of our club. Sitting at home around our keyboard serves little purpose now.
I have agreed so much with the views of the guys on RP who seem to camp on it. We need them to be there next week, expressing their views in person (not necessarily revealing who is Phil an Alki or Dixienormous!).

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.59:43.