RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115406-time-now-sign-up-wst.html)

Hometown Unicorn 10th February 2020 18.24:06

THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

Evening all,

Just a plea from myself to get yourselves signed up to the Wrexham Supporters Trust. You cannot make any resolutions at this summer's AGM or even vote for them if you are not a member and I would not trust this board to make it clear what the deadline for signing up is before it's too late to have a vote, so get it done now. If you set it up through standing order it costs as little as £1 per month, which is a pittance to have a say in what will be one of the most important meeting's in this club's recent history.

Some of you may have reservations about joining the trust which I completely understand. WST ownership hasn't exactly been a smooth ride and a lot of you do not want to give this club any more of your hard earned money while we are in the hands of the Trust. I believe this club's future is far more important than your pride, so please try to swallow it in order to see us through a bumpy patch and into a brighter future. You may be the difference between another 5 seasons of mediocrity under this regime and a brighter future where fans are regularly updated on the club's ongoings, managerial appointments are taken with greater due care and we are run like the great football club we are.

Instructions on how to sign up through standing order can be found here: [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/fanzone/wrexham-supporters-trust[/url]

Rob 10th February 2020 18.32:12

Re: THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

I dont want to derail the thread at all so this is said as praising democracy and this democratic move - whatever the vote outcome.

With a 100% or substantive shareholder owner such a route would not be possible.

Remember to vote early and vote often!

dixienormous 10th February 2020 18.33:09

People just don't want to be invloved in the political side of it and they wont turn on the tools due to the fact they're seen as heroic volunteers.

The board should do what most decent people would do, realise they've unintentionally failed the club and step down, without the need for a vote, a vote which represents about 2% of the fanbase with all of those being hardline wst club killers.

Lets be honest any votes will be rigged.

Wxm boy 10th February 2020 18.33:10

But they just ignore the resolutions they don't like.

See the second disabled platform.

Woody 10th February 2020 18.36:53

So what’s the crack, are there certain people up for re-election at the agm?

dragonspark 10th February 2020 18.54:13

my apologies Hometown Unicorn i can not join, your motives are excellant but i feel that an increase in membership would be translatyed inyo support for the trust/board whom i have had reservations about for years, for those who think that increasing membership to influence the board is the right way, i salute you

ruthinred 10th February 2020 19.06:47

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2342878]my apologies Hometown Unicorn i can not join, your motives are excellant but i feel that an increase in membership would be translatyed inyo support for the trust/board whom i have had reservations about for years, for those who think that increasing membership to influence the board is the right way, i salute you[/QUOTE]

I'm a member of the WST , even though I want away with fans ownership

Destroy from within

northwalian dragon 10th February 2020 19.07:14

Not joining and not voting gives the current setup a mandate to carry on

Swallow your pride, sign up and vote for change!

Willywill 10th February 2020 19.20:30

Exactly! We know why we joined. We can sleep soundly in our beds knowing that joining the WST in this instance, is for the future of our club. Sitting at home around our keyboard serves little purpose now.
I have agreed so much with the views of the guys on RP who seem to camp on it. We need them to be there next week, expressing their views in person (not necessarily revealing who is Phil an Alki or Dixienormous!).

dixienormous 10th February 2020 19.22:17

[QUOTE=Willywill;2342884]Exactly! We know why we joined. We can sleep soundly in our beds knowing that joining the WST in this instance, is for the future of our club. Sitting at home around our keyboard serves little purpose now.
I have agreed so much with the views of the guys on RP who seem to camp on it. We need them to be there next week, expressing their views in person (not necessarily revealing who is Phil an Alki or Dixienormous!).[/QUOTE]

I'll be there.

jacthelad 10th February 2020 19.28:45

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2342882]Not joining and not voting gives the current setup a mandate to carry on

Swallow your pride, sign up and vote for change![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Ive never voted on anything as im generally (like a lot of people) not interested. But i will be this time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redtilidie 10th February 2020 19.37:23

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2342885]I'll be there.[/QUOTE]

:hurray:

Rob Edwards 10th February 2020 20.25:41

As said yesterday intended to create thread myself about persuading the loyal but severely fed up and disillusioned fan base to join the WST.
We can only trigger change from the inside.
Did not work in the election (probably Brexit mainly ) but need candidates to specifically stand against certain board members.Critical if possible that the candidates are limited as otherwise the anti-board vote will be split and the existing incumbents will stay on due to the loyalist/clapper vote.Hopefully such moves are being thought out by the appropriate people.

Haruki 10th February 2020 20.30:29

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2342891]As said yesterday intended to create thread myself about persuading the loyal but severely fed up and disillusioned fan base to join the WST.
We can only trigger change from the inside.
Did not work in the election (probably Brexit mainly ) but need candidates to specifically stand against certain board members.Critical if possible that the candidates are limited as otherwise the anti-board vote will be split and the existing incumbents will stay on due to the loyalist/clapper vote.Hopefully such moves are being thought out by the appropriate people.[/QUOTE]

This is a key point, if we are to overturn the status quo we need everyone voting in the same direction not spreading our vote thinly across a number of potential new candidates.

Hometown Unicorn 10th February 2020 21.17:41

Thank you for the responses to this thread. I have been informed that you must be a member 90 days in advance of the AGM in order to participate. 90 days from now is the 10th of May, and I expect the AGM will be held earlier this year due to the Euros. If you haven't already, please sign up ASAP.

Quay Red 10th February 2020 22.28:53

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342900]Thank you for the responses to this thread. I have been informed that you must be a member 90 days in advance of the AGM in order to participate. 90 days from now is the 10th of May, and I expect the AGM will be held earlier this year due to the Euros. If you haven't already, please sign up ASAP.[/QUOTE]

The previous Euros delayed the AGM.
Fully support additional members, at least there will be more fans represented.
Be interesting to see the new applicants candidate statements to see what they can offer.

Hometown Unicorn 11th February 2020 05.55:17

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2342906]The previous Euros delayed the AGM.
Fully support additional members, at least there will be more fans represented.
Be interesting to see the new applicants candidate statements to see what they can offer.[/QUOTE]

You are mistaken. The 2016 AGM was held on the 26th May, almost 1 month earlier than the 2015 AGM which was held on the 25th June.

Quay Red 11th February 2020 08.23:18

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2342909]You are mistaken. The 2016 AGM was held on the 26th May, almost 1 month earlier than the 2015 AGM which was held on the 25th June.[/QUOTE]

Apologies. Must be an age thing.

Huffy 11th February 2020 12.51:34

You may disagree with the WST memebership ,:)but to stand a chance of change ,needs people to forget that and effect it in numbers

RHYLRED 11th February 2020 12.54:35

[QUOTE=Huffy;2342992]You may disagree with the WST memebership ,:)but to stand a chance of change ,needs people to forget that and effect it in numbers[/QUOTE]

The same as when people needed Stoke FA Cup tickets! :)

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 13.11:35

[QUOTE=Huffy;2342992]You may disagree with the WST memebership ,:)but to stand a chance of change ,needs people to forget that and effect it in numbers[/QUOTE]

I agree and have even done so myself but unfortunately and without wanting to piss on anyone's chips it won't happen.
Too many fans aren't interested and will only be interested if the situation became critical, like when we needed the bond money. (007 puns welcome)

dixienormous 11th February 2020 13.13:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2342995]I agree and have even done so myself but unfortunately and without wanting to piss on anyone's chips it won't happen.
Too many fans aren't interested and will only be interested if the situation became critical, like when we needed the bond money. (007 puns welcome)[/QUOTE]

No, please no puns.

andy buckley 11th February 2020 13.25:47

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2342995]I agree and have even done so myself but unfortunately and without wanting to piss on anyone's chips it won't happen.
Too many fans aren't interested and will only be interested if the situation became critical, like when we needed the bond money. (007 puns welcome)[/QUOTE]

Welcome Home agent alki its been too long PS now tell JND and Jaded about your new status :)

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 13.29:32

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2342998]Welcome Home agent alki its been too long PS now tell JND and Jaded about your new status :)[/QUOTE]

What new status is this?

andy buckley 11th February 2020 13.30:28

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2342999]What new status is this?[/QUOTE]

WST membership

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 13.32:38

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2343000]WST membership[/QUOTE]

I've clearly missed something here

northwalian dragon 11th February 2020 14.02:32

You're right that many fans aren't interested in the politics of the club.

HOWEVER, that means there's always a low turn-out of voters, so every vote for change will be crucial! We all want change so don't complain if we don't get it!

Huffy 11th February 2020 14.26:38

I disagree . Lots of folk saying you cant change this and that , but with the right people pushing it on , then change has got to happen IMO

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 14.31:05

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2343005]You're right that many fans aren't interested in the politics of the club.

HOWEVER, that means there's always a low turn-out of voters, so every vote for change will be crucial! We all want change so don't complain if we don't get it![/QUOTE]

True, a couple of hundred extra voters could change the nodding dogs getting their way

dixienormous 11th February 2020 14.31:38

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2343005]You're right that many fans aren't interested in the politics of the club.

HOWEVER, that means there's always a low turn-out of voters, so every vote for change will be crucial! We all want change so don't complain if we don't get it![/QUOTE]

It shouldn't have to come to a vote, they've failed, they are failing, the clubs going backwards and they should all step down.

The fact they still hang on to power is a disgrace.

I wonder if we'll get shouted down on Monday?

John Neals Dynasty 11th February 2020 14.51:23

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2342998]Welcome Home agent alki its been too long PS now tell JND and Jaded about your new status :)[/QUOTE]

Here he is chief Richard Head fishing again 🤣

Jaded 11th February 2020 15.01:28

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2343001]I've clearly missed something here[/QUOTE]

Andy seems convinced you haven’t been a member, despite you having said numerous times you are. Most strange.

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 15.16:43

[QUOTE=Jaded;2343021]Andy seems convinced you haven’t been a member, despite you having said numerous times you are. Most strange.[/QUOTE]

How would he know I wonder? :eek: ;)

Any how, he's wrong, as usual. :)

andy buckley 11th February 2020 15.53:01

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2343025]How would he know I wonder? :eek: ;)

Any how, he's wrong, as usual. :)[/QUOTE]

I have no idea just what JND posted previously, your comment on this thread indicated you have recently rejoined 🤔

andy buckley 11th February 2020 15.54:29

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2343018]Here he is chief Richard Head fishing again 🤣
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

And here comes grandpa with the insults can't help himself sad really

Jaded 11th February 2020 15.57:57

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2343028]I have no idea just what JND posted previously, your comment on this thread indicated you have recently rejoined 🤔[/QUOTE]

Can you read, Andy? Not sure how you got that from Phil’s post.

andy buckley 11th February 2020 16.08:35

[QUOTE=Jaded;2343032]Can you read, Andy? Not sure how you got that from Phil’s post.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
[B][U]You may disagree with the WST memebership[/U][/B] ,but to stand a chance of change ,needs people to forget that and effect it in numbers.
Phil reply
[B][U]I agree and have even done so myself[/U][/B] but unfortunately and without wanting to piss on anyone's chips it won't happen.

I can read thanks for asking, from the exchange above I took it that Phil meant he had rejoined the trust especially as the thread is named THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST! (Did you read that btw)

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 16.13:38

I am a WST member. I re-joined some time ago after some time not being a member.
I have not received my pyjama's yet though. Anyway, I hope that clears things up.

In an attempt to get this thread back on track I would echo the OP's call for people to join or re-join and to use your vote wisely.
Word of caution, make sure you get your membership details, as I have had nothing via post or email, ever since re-joining. So maybe I'm not a member?

John Neals Dynasty 11th February 2020 16.14:15

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2343030]And here comes grandpa with the insults can't help himself sad really[/QUOTE]

Just like you cannot help yourself bringing my name into your WST supporting bitching you cannot help yourself.

For the sake of your continual digs yes going back a few months when fans were talking about not renewing WST membership I thought I read Phil was considering leaving to, if not my mistake Phil but why the village idiot keeps on bringing it up I don't know obviously some agenda for his WST or board mates assuming he isn't one of them.

But then again I don't give a toss he's just a Troll sniping at everyone posts.

Jaded 11th February 2020 16.24:41

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2343035]Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
[B][U]You may disagree with the WST memebership[/U][/B] ,but to stand a chance of change ,needs people to forget that and effect it in numbers.
Phil reply
[B][U]I agree and have even done so myself[/U][/B] but unfortunately and without wanting to piss on anyone's chips it won't happen.

I can read thanks for asking, from the exchange above I took it that Phil meant he had rejoined the trust especially as the thread is named THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST! (Did you read that btw)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read the title. Phil has explained how you misread, hopefully that’s helped your comprehension skills for the future.

Phil, good luck getting a membership number. Hopefully you’ll get it in time to vote!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.40:46.