Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2020, 14.22:36   #100-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Do we need an Investor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
I don't consider myself "one of their flagwavers" as I don't know anyone on either board.
How much influence do you think you'd have if we had a private owner?
Man U fans aren't too happy.
Comparing Man United, one of the most successful sides in the world, currently sat 5th in the strongest league in the world......with a side about to drop into National League North through the stewardship of the WST.

Clap frantically all you like, but the simple fact is that the WST have taken this club to it's lowest ebb in it's entire history.
Old 12th February 2020, 15.49:09   #101-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
You're beginning to sound like someone who needs their laptop checking by the police.
Thought you might have appreciated the humour shudda added a tyson clapping gif for you 😊
Old 12th February 2020, 17.06:36   #102-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Change for the sake of change is not what our football club needs, we are suffering from the lack of stability and numerous changes the club has had and may end up paying the ultimate price of relegation. We will never be successful until we find stability with a manager, backroom staff and most of all the playing staff.

Any change needs to be well thought through and all the options need to be fully thought through if we are to find the right model for us. There are lots of knee jerk suggestions but on the back of this season's struggle there needs to be a root & branch review and a plan putting in place how we can get to where we need to be.
I do not believe a proper review by a competent person or body will ever take place under the current set up.

Regarding stability, a valid point. So I agree with you in principle but in practice we have had stability at the top since the WST takeover.

With the right people and set up you are correct. In the context of where we are now we do need change and quickly.

I agree again change is needed to be well thought out but with the current politburo in charge productive change is as likely as me winning the lottery.
Old 12th February 2020, 18.56:47   #103-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Comparing Man United, one of the most successful sides in the world, currently sat 5th in the strongest league in the world......with a side about to drop into National League North through the stewardship of the WST.

Clap frantically all you like, but the simple fact is that the WST have taken this club to it's lowest ebb in it's entire history.
Agree with you , I was just stating that the majority of Man U fans seem to be against their owners.
Where do you think we would be now if Alex Hamilton had had his way?
Old 12th February 2020, 19.08:03   #104-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Agree with you , I was just stating that the majority of Man U fans seem to be against their owners.
Where would we be if Hitler had won at Stalingrad ? We need to keep remembering these things and thank our lucky stars that we are fan owned. Thank goodness for Spencer and the crew, our heroes in an evil world .
Old 12th February 2020, 19.45:12   #105-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Using Chester as an example, probably no worse than we are now!

People who live in fear and in the past, tend not to move forward.
Old 12th February 2020, 20.12:04   #106-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
Using Chester as an example, probably no worse than we are now!

People who live in fear and in the past, tend not to move forward.
Excellent post scared of the past is a sad thing, if you fall off a bike when learning you get back on.

You have to learn from past mistakes and move on.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2020, 03.54:08   #107-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I would certainly think fear has played a part in all of this. Fear as fans of failing, while they are sitting on the board. Which is partly why I feel the current board are so desperate to prove that they are the best people to take the club forward and are unable to stand down and be perceived to have failed.

It is an incredibly hard thing to do. To run a 100% Fans Owned club successfully and succeed with more promotions than relegations. The stats are against you. The competitive finance of rich benefactors is against you. It is incredibly hard to do.

I doubt any of our current board members had any prior experience with running a professional football club. Did they seek out anyone with this essential knowledge and experience?

There is nothing wrong with volunteers but knowledge, aptitude and ability to be leaders amongst men really is critical. And of course this doesn't even need to be a Man if the right Woman is out there. Or cat, dog or monkey. It's about finding the right candidates for the job in hand, with the right mentality to succeed.

It is obvious that among our fan base there will be lost of individuals with superior business knowledge or who could add strength and experience to the current board. This strength would be identified and welcomed with open arms in any healthy open minded organisation.

But to work, this has to be positively welcomed.

The alternative play which seems to be playing out is entrenchment and such rigidity always leads to division in any community. Divided we fall, united we stand, is a well known phrase for a reason.

We can not succeed and progress without Investment. What we can do is stay still, stagnate or go down and most likely never be able to survive.

Wrexham Lager was great on Titanic. Our club who wore Wrexham Lager shirts with pride is in danger of becoming Titanic. That is some tragic irony.
Old 13th February 2020, 08.25:12   #108-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Excellent post scared of the past is a sad thing, if you fall off a bike when learning you get back on.

You have to learn from past mistakes and move on.
Posted via mobile theme
The difference now of course is that the WST can vet any potential bidders and put sale to the vote. We didn't have that last time
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.20:57.