RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Do we need an Investor? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115407-do-we-need-investor.html)

Willywill 11th February 2020 09.27:11

Re: Do we need an Investor?

Owners of football clubs are generally those who love to have their ego flattered. Most of the time, a football club is a pit to throw money into, rather than scheme to extract money from it.
We are an organisation with no assets, so what would interest an asset stripper? As a club, we have to change course, or we will be stuck in the non league forever.

LlayDragon 11th February 2020 09.28:08

[QUOTE=stalybridge sheepshagger;2342914][url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/10/oldham-league-two-trouble-rent-north-stand[/url]

Yes, bring in an investor and you’ll rise through the leagues -NOT!

Bury have already gone, Bolton will be relegated, Macclesfield are deep in debt and being sued by their players. Orient came tumbling down after being taken over by an Italian Del-boy, now Oldham are staring at administration and a 10 point deduction.
Even if we go down, we still have a functioning and viable club[/QUOTE]

What we really need at the moment is:

1. An effective club board accountable to a totally separate WST board.
2. An effective WST accountable to the membership.

..... and yes we always need more money. To argue against is just trolling.

What we have is an idealogical vanity project, Wrexham AFC used as a Willy extension.

Willywill 11th February 2020 09.30:24

Did somebody call my name ?

chef1 11th February 2020 09.54:02

we are not fan owned we are in a dictatorship . Harris and his mates will eventually relegate us if not this season be next . Then once finally every one see sense and gets rid we can pick up the pieces start again . Lies lies and more lies wst

stalybridge sheepshagger 11th February 2020 09.55:35

[QUOTE=krux;2342915]There are 5 cautionary tales there. However there are 87 other clubs in the football league that are mostly privately owned that are not in administration.

Plus fan ownership ain't working, and I would say that relegation to the NLN when you are the second biggest club in the league is neither viable nor functioning.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Tranmere Rovers are successful? Or Leyton Orient? Morecambe? Norwich? Luton? Stevenage?

What is your definition of success?
Football league membership?
Promotion?
A positive bank balance?
A production line of big money transfers?

In reality, very few clubs are successful. If you’re not the Champion club, or a promoted team, your a failure. I was looking forward to promotion this season, now I’d just settle for league survival.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th February 2020 10.02:21

[QUOTE=stalybridge sheepshagger;2342914][url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/10/oldham-league-two-trouble-rent-north-stand[/url]

Yes, bring in an investor and you’ll rise through the leagues -NOT!

Bury have already gone, Bolton will be relegated, Macclesfield are deep in debt and being sued by their players. Orient came tumbling down after being taken over by an Italian Del-boy, now Oldham are staring at administration and a 10 point deduction.
Even if we go down, we still have a functioning and viable club[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your trust those running the club as much as I do to do the required due diligence, all useless aren't they?

I mean look at the mess they made of the flats, having nothing written on paper.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th February 2020 10.08:45

Even a hardcore Wrexham fan with money would be chased out of town. Remember that consortium Bryn Law spoke too, the WST made rubbish up about certain posters on here being payed to bring the club sown in order to facilitate a takeover.

One of them is moaning about claims of his online activity, some will believe anything they get told.

Attack other fans in nothing more than a campaigner of hate for airing the truth, so they can get a few bits of gossip. Manipulation of people I think is a criminal matter too.

Phils-an-alki 11th February 2020 10.09:26

[QUOTE=stalybridge sheepshagger;2342932]Are you saying Tranmere Rovers are successful? Or Leyton Orient? Morecambe? Norwich? Luton? Stevenage?

What is your definition of success?
Football league membership?
Promotion?
A positive bank balance?
A production line of big money transfers?

In reality, very few clubs are successful. If you’re not the Champion club, or a promoted team, your a failure. I was looking forward to promotion this season, now I’d just settle for league survival.[/QUOTE]

Are you self aware?

griff49 11th February 2020 10.21:55

You've said we have no assets hence why invest. Equally many of the giant egos who have invested in reality don't have the money.look at bury .mac etc .They were there for personal gain and to help with the football.it foesneed a long term plan supported with real cash and sound appointments but please don't think for one moment that there is a Saviour out there. Lets try sticking together for once.
Ps wasn't at Chesterfield but it looked a cracking game from the highlights and the guys played well.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.49:56.