Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2020, 10.57:11   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Do we need an Investor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
Although fan ownership must have its inherent limits, for a club of our size, I still believe absolutely that it has the ability to take us up a division or two. I believe that it's the crew of this veteran bomber that's not fit for purpose, and not the flak-riddled old plane itself.
Its a right Fokker isn't it?
Old 11th February 2020, 11.12:20   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Club kilker
Sorry fat thumbs
Old 11th February 2020, 11.13:50   #43-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Sorry fat thumbs
Ok so being sorry is one thing but calling him fat thumbs ? Shocking.
Old 11th February 2020, 11.23:04   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Its easy to pick up on a small minority of failures to prove a point.

There are two ways of looking at everything

E.g.
Fan ownership doesn't work - look at Stockport and York
Fan ownership works - look at Portsmouth and Wimbledon

What differentiates the above - poor executive decision making, financial imprudence, flexibility and dynamism of approach. It doesn't matter the model, whether its fan or private the difference between success or failure of both is executive decision making.

Get the strategy right, get the structure right, get the people right, get the funding model right and execute well and both will work, get it wrong and both can and will fail.
Old 11th February 2020, 11.49:49   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post

E.g.

What differentiates the above - poor executive decision making, financial imprudence, flexibility and dynamism of approach. It doesn't matter the model, whether its fan or private the difference between success or failure of both is executive decision making.

Get the strategy right, get the structure right, get the people right, get the funding model right and execute well and both will work, get it wrong and both can and will fail.
I think Portsmouth have sold up, the supporters trust felt they couldn't take the club further. Wimbledon have also sold shares of but still retain 77%, obviously neither have sold shares off to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

However, I wouldn't trust those currently in charge to make the right call.
Old 11th February 2020, 11.59:28   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

E.g.

THIS.

Fan ownership isn't the problem, the problem is the personnel "running" the club. They seem to have been made less accountable than previous owners, how is that possible is beyond me. There is something seriously amiss, where the fans are miserable, the football is miserable the prospect of improvement seems to diminish daily.

Whereas I genuinely don't think they are in it for personal monetary wealth (unlike potential private owner) they do seem to be in it for personal reputational wealth, but are missing the point that their reputations are being diminished by not addressing the glaring issues both on and off field now.

A simple solution to this would be for the entire Club board to say they are stepping down at the end of the season and will stand for open and fair re-election, if not a resolution needs to be done to force the issue.

This current ownership model whereas the gang is answerable to the gang is not sensible, so the WST board needs to look at its governance - no member should be able to function on each board and each board member should have a sunset clause of a 4 year term max and not be able to stand again for either board for 2 terms. Fresh blood and fresh ideas need to be actively encouraged.

Fan ownership can work, outside investment is no panacea but fan ownership has been hamstrung in Wrecsam by egos - compared to clubs in this league and L2 our crowds should give us more money to pay players than most of these clubs get from their owners and gates, so I dont' think much investment is needed if at all at present to get out of this league.
Old 11th February 2020, 12.00:53   #47-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I think Portsmouth have sold up, the supporters trust felt they couldn't take the club further. Wimbledon have also sold shares of but still retain 77%, obviously neither have sold shares off to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

However, I wouldn't trust those currently in charge to make the right call.
Brentford another great example of a Trust finding a partner they could work with and ultimately sold to because the partner was able to take the club further than they could. There was a long engagement and a lot of trust built up over time.
Old 11th February 2020, 12.19:33   #48-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Just in case you missed it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21058754
Old 11th February 2020, 12.37:50   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

there are very good cases for both fan owned and private owned posted in this thread, the trouble is we are all going round in circles, comments are more or less what have been posted many times over many years especially this season and we are still in danger and still the best supported club even with so many fans abstaining, we are losing fans and some of those fans are finding alternative things to do, some of whom may not return unless it is a decisive match or cup run, i think the current set up may just retain national league status i can not see us getting any higher unless there are major changes, this so sad
Old 11th February 2020, 13.42:57   #50-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:

E.g.

Bingo!

Alas, human nature dictates that we often find it difficult to admit to our failings . Thus, without this vital first step, it is difficult to progress.

The WST and senior management within the NHS 'operate' similarly. As they cannot or will not acknowledge their failings we, the WST members, must either accept the status quowhich threatens our existence or we demand and execute change.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.23:14.