Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2020, 15.22:51   #55-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Do we need an Investor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
A supporters seat on the board is meaningless.
no supporters seat on the board then.
Old 11th February 2020, 16.02:26   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Surely Pete Jones and Spencer etc if they really wanted the club to move forward would want investment and actively seek it. I have read and heard comments saying quite the opposite. The fans are crying out for a bit of success. God help us if we get relegated the game will really be up then.
Old 11th February 2020, 16.27:06   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

I think it’s hard to tell because for me, we have a big enough fanbase (despite declining attendances) that we shouldn’t need a benefactor to be competitive. What we DO need is a board who are able to take the club forward and recent years and events have shown little to suggest that’s the current people in charge.
Old 11th February 2020, 16.28:09   #58-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
Surely Pete Jones and Spencer etc if they really wanted the club to move forward would want investment and actively seek it. I have read and heard comments saying quite the opposite. The fans are crying out for a bit of success. God help us if we get relegated the game will really be up then.
We will never know if there are investors out there as they hide behind the rules of governance and say they have no mandate to seek investment.

One potential investor who shall remain nameless took his money elsewhere a couple of years ago because he didn’t want the hassle.
Old 11th February 2020, 17.19:41   #59-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded View Post
i think it’s hard to tell because for me, we have a big enough fanbase (despite declining attendances) that we shouldn’t need a benefactor to be competitive. What we do need is a board who are able to take the club forward and recent years and events have shown little to suggest that’s the current people in charge.
this!.
Old 11th February 2020, 17.51:10   #60-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I still believe in the merits of Fan Ownership and am still a member of the WST, but I sadly don't feel the club has the right people to deliver success.

I also feel we are currently divided as a fan base (due to our predicament) and will remain at the bottom of the ocean while that situation prevails.

The last time we had significant success in the late 1970's (and we aren't needing to dream of that again, just a moderate amount of success) we had volunteers running the club. They all worked locally. They were all professional men and they all had other day jobs on top of their responsibilities as board directors.

Of course the football industry has changed hugely since that era but the requirements for success and team methodology hasn't.

Liverpool were incredibly successful then and are once again incredibly successful.

The Liverpool board worked as a team with a single mission and identified the right manager Bill Shankly, they held it together with the same philosophy for about 25 years and then lost the plot. Until once again they identified a real leader like Jurgen Klopp. And look at them now.

Manchester United did exactly the same with Alex Ferguson.

You need leaders to succeed in football.

Leaders of men.

Someone who you believe will take you to the top of the mountain.

Aka John Neal.

In wrexham's case it all started falling apart at the seams when the board personnel changed due to our success and the wrong type of individuals joined the board who were interested in the prestige and power that came with being a board director of a successful football club. That was completely the wrong approach then and is completely the wrong approach now. These individuals used to squabble over who sat closest to the chairman to show how important they were (next in line to the throne) In the end they all sat on different rows because they couldn't agree between themselves. Even as a young kid I thought it was pathetic and embarrassing for our club.

You need to feel humbled and flattered to be a board director and know you are working for the fans and in an incredibly privileged position to represent a club with an incredible history like Wrexham Football Club.

I do believe it needs local Wrexham people. And not wealthy, big time charlie outsiders. But it also does need the right sort of people to take this club forward.

edited for spelling.

Last edited by Welsh Kiwi; 11th February 2020 at 18.04:09..
Old 11th February 2020, 18.07:38   #61-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
We now have the worst owners in the clubs history. Fact.

How dare you generalise about over 3000 members of the WST.

How do you become a millionaire?

Be a billionaire and buy a football club.
Old 11th February 2020, 18.36:03   #62-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
...How dare you generalise about over 3000 members of the WST...
The idea that a member of the WST is an "owner" has not been valid for quite some time! Yes we have shares, but we can't sell them. Yes we can vote to elect WST board members, but nothing else that affects the running of the club. The Rules state that we cannot propose a motion that affects the "Duties and Powers" of the WST Board - duties and powers cover everything related to "The Club". The owners of The Club are, ipso facto, the WST Board and nobody else.
Old 11th February 2020, 18.37:15   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
How dare you generalise about over 3000 members of the WST.

How do you become a millionaire?

Be a billionaire and buy a football club.
This one I like.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.17:28.