Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2020, 11.42:00   #37-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Do we need an Investor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I'll see your Bury, Macc, Oldham and I'll even give you Rushden and Diamonds and Darlington. However, I'll raise you with teams we used to play on a regular basis and who we are now a million miles away from. Burnley, Bournemouth, Millwall, Brentford, Preston, Swansea, Cardiff, Wigan, Luton, Wycombe, Fleetwood, Oxford, Burton, Gillingham, Bristol Rovers, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Blackpool... The list goes on, I'm sure you get the picture.

Folk have had enough, you and your merry band of ideologists have had your chance and have failed big time, and in the process have forgotten what a professional football club is all about. You have had more than enough time, please, for the love of god, let it go and let someone else have a crack. After all, they can't do much worse.
We now have the worst owners in the clubs history. Fact.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 11th February 2020 at 11.55:15..
Old 11th February 2020, 11.43:06   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

In a controlled manner yes. With clear legal boundaries

But it’s a pipe dream.

We can’t even get a full honest and open dialogue going with the Trust board and they supposedly represent the members

It’s the same old same old chestnut . It will be a very sad day if people start to sit up and take notice if we get relegated
Old 11th February 2020, 11.43:19   #39-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
Would you throw millions in knowing who's in charge of the purse strings?
I would expect an investor to be the new owner. Supporters trust could have a seat on the board as a minority interest, but I don't see anyone putting money into the WST model.
Old 11th February 2020, 11.50:25   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Although fan ownership must have its inherent limits, for a club of our size, I still believe absolutely that it has the ability to take us up a division or two. I believe that it's the crew of this veteran bomber that's not fit for purpose, and not the flak-riddled old plane itself.
Old 11th February 2020, 11.57:11   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
Although fan ownership must have its inherent limits, for a club of our size, I still believe absolutely that it has the ability to take us up a division or two. I believe that it's the crew of this veteran bomber that's not fit for purpose, and not the flak-riddled old plane itself.
Its a right Fokker isn't it?
Old 11th February 2020, 12.12:20   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Club kilker
Sorry fat thumbs
Old 11th February 2020, 12.13:50   #43-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Sorry fat thumbs
Ok so being sorry is one thing but calling him fat thumbs ? Shocking.
Old 11th February 2020, 12.23:04   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Its easy to pick up on a small minority of failures to prove a point.

There are two ways of looking at everything

E.g.
Fan ownership doesn't work - look at Stockport and York
Fan ownership works - look at Portsmouth and Wimbledon

What differentiates the above - poor executive decision making, financial imprudence, flexibility and dynamism of approach. It doesn't matter the model, whether its fan or private the difference between success or failure of both is executive decision making.

Get the strategy right, get the structure right, get the people right, get the funding model right and execute well and both will work, get it wrong and both can and will fail.
Old 11th February 2020, 12.49:49   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Its easy to pick up on a small minority of failures to prove a point.

There are two ways of looking at everything

E.g.
Fan ownership doesn't work - look at Stockport and York
Fan ownership works - look at Portsmouth and Wimbledon

What differentiates the above - poor executive decision making, financial imprudence, flexibility and dynamism of approach. It doesn't matter the model, whether its fan or private the difference between success or failure of both is executive decision making.

Get the strategy right, get the structure right, get the people right, get the funding model right and execute well and both will work, get it wrong and both can and will fail.
I think Portsmouth have sold up, the supporters trust felt they couldn't take the club further. Wimbledon have also sold shares of but still retain 77%, obviously neither have sold shares off to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

However, I wouldn't trust those currently in charge to make the right call.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.42:06.