Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2020, 14.23:21   #61-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bobby Grant (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Your stats dont tell the full picture, it's what players bring to the squad and the team and Rutherford brings his fair share. He lacks pace and composure in the box but over the last few years he has been consistently better than a number of other fancied midfielders/wingers . I always maintain if we have players who can keep him on the bench then great but managers not just Keates trust him for a reason.
And its also one of the reasons we're still in this league.

And they are not 'my stats', they are his stats.
He's supposed to bring goals and assists, he doesn't. He runs about a lot achieving the grand total of fck all. End of debate.

I bet you rated Bakare too
Old 13th February 2020, 17.19:21   #62-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
And its also one of the reasons we're still in this league.

And they are not 'my stats', they are his stats.
He's supposed to bring goals and assists, he doesn't. He runs about a lot achieving the grand total of fck all. End of debate.

I bet you rated Bakare too

I bet he sponsored Massankas shirt for a season.
Old 13th February 2020, 17.31:22   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I don't disagree with this, but it still had a losing mindset and needed a big overhaul mid season.

It's the claim Ricketts was proven as far more successful here than Keates that is only opinion and not 'Fact'. Both left us in difficult circumstances but both are football managers and would be slated for lacking ambition if they didn't take their job offers.

Remember the early days of Brian Flynn and Dennis Smith, they were both given time to get it right and now Keates is back he should be given time. If we go down then he should be sacked but if he keeps us up then let's see where some stability will take us.
With Brain Flynn and Dennis Smith you either knew the plan or could see one, I'm afraid with Dean Keates I don't see one.

One week we play a more expansive game and win, then after revert back to negative football. Lumping it long, expecting a striker to hold the ball up when that's not their game etc.

The issues go deeper than the manager, players should be improving when they join us, instead they regress.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th February 2020 at 17.33:09..
Old 13th February 2020, 18.11:17   #64-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
With Brain Flynn and Dennis Smith you either knew the plan or could see one, I'm afraid with Dean Keates I don't see one.

One week we play a more expansive game and win, then after revert back to negative football. Lumping it long, expecting a striker to hold the ball up when that's not their game etc.

The issues go deeper than the manager, players should be improving when they join us, instead they regress.
Old Pep Darlington is surely the tactical genius behind this. The best teams rarely make big changes. They let the fearful opposition change their setup.
Old 14th February 2020, 01.07:55   #65-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Still miles and miles better than Keates, as he proved here. Keep digging. The desperation to slaughter Ricketts is embarrassing. Focus on the raft of failures, wage thieves and losers at our own club.
Slaughterering him You should form a Ricketts fan club. I hear you can buy Ricketts pyjamas.
Old 14th February 2020, 08.30:58   #66-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
Slaughterering him You should form a Ricketts fan club. I hear you can buy Ricketts pyjamas.
Here he is, another bed wetting WST sponsored sand dweller.
Old 14th February 2020, 09.17:24   #67-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

We’ll never know how good or bad Ricketts was/is as a manager. In his short tenure here, he did ok. Then he moved for cash and status - no problem, we move on. However, I would put my mortgage on him being better or more effective than Keates, as a manager.
It’s all history now, so can all the bleating stop?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.03:59.