Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2020, 10.25:17   #46-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bobby Grant (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
Lost to Liverpool's youth team. Took a team challenging for the play offs to struggling to score playing a boring style of football. Had a bigger budget than Keates due to a previous manager.
Don't get me wrong I expected Ricketts to be challenging for at least the play offs or even have moved on by now to a bigger club. Maybe he will but he could easy be out of a job soon.
Still miles and miles better than Keates, as he proved here. Keep digging. The desperation to slaughter Ricketts is embarrassing. Focus on the raft of failures, wage thieves and losers at our own club.
Old 13th February 2020, 10.43:28   #47-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Still miles and miles better than Keates, as he proved here. Keep digging. The desperation to slaughter Ricketts is embarrassing. Focus on the raft of failures, wage thieves and losers at our own club.
Not sure where you get the miles better than Keates from. Ricketts has a greater air of confidence and can talk the talk but he inherited a far better squad than Keates did. We were a shambles when Keates took over and he had the job of offloading and recruiting whilst under the threat of relegation. Ricketts back four were sorted and solid, but yes we looked like we were progressing as an attacking force, but that was always the plan under Keates after making us harder to beat and from all accounts Ricketts got a larger playing budget to work with.

I'm not saying Ricketts won't be more successful long term, but both were rookies and injected some belief and were taking us in the right direction before they moved on.
Old 13th February 2020, 11.09:50   #48-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Not sure where you get the miles better than Keates from. Ricketts has a greater air of confidence and can talk the talk but he inherited a far better squad than Keates did. We were a shambles when Keates took over and he had the job of offloading and recruiting whilst under the threat of relegation. Ricketts back four were sorted and solid, but yes we looked like we were progressing as an attacking force, but that was always the plan under Keates after making us harder to beat and from all accounts Ricketts got a larger playing budget to work with.

I'm not saying Ricketts won't be more successful long term, but both were rookies and injected some belief and were taking us in the right direction before they moved on.
I got it from my eyes and brain, from watching a Ricketts team here who were on course to get promoted and from watching a Keates team here first time round who were dreadful to watch and were winging it massively and this time round where he's taken us backwards and all these claims of 'making us solid' etc have been proved to be total bollocks
It was an easy conclusion to come to, similar to someone asking you if its raining outside or not.

Ricketts took over a Keates squad riddled with duff signings and an impotent attack and a weak midfield. The majority of the squad Keates got this season nearly won the league last season, so where on earth do you dream these things up?

Re Keates plan 'making us harder to beat', he's failed on all fronts there hasn't he. Again where are you getting this guff from?

Ricketts did not have the benefit of the build the budget fund that Keates did, so I very much doubt your budget claims are true. Just pure guesswork from you.

The proof is Ricketts had us challenging at the top after one summer of transfers and his team was way ahead of any team Keates has produced here. Fact. It should not need pointing out, its so obvious. Your rose tinted specs are seriously clouding your judgement.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.10:36   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
I got it from my eyes and brain, from watching a Ricketts team here who were on course to get promoted and from watching a Keates team here first time round who were dreadful to watch and were winging it massively and this time round where he's taken us backwards and all these claims of 'making us solid' etc have been proved to be total bollocks
It was an easy conclusion to come to, similar to someone asking you if its raining outside or not.

Ricketts took over a Keates squad riddled with duff signings and an impotent attack and a weak midfield. The majority of the squad Keates got this season nearly won the league last season, so where on earth do you dream these things up?

Re Keates plan 'making us harder to beat', he's failed on all fronts there hasn't he. Again where are you getting this guff from?

Ricketts did not have the benefit of the build the budget fund that Keates did, so I very much doubt your budget claims are true. Just pure guesswork from you.

The proof is Ricketts had us challenging at the top after one summer of transfers and his team was way ahead of any team Keates has produced here. Fact. It should not need pointing out, its so obvious. Your rose tinted specs are seriously clouding your judgement.

Excellent post Phil but it is DW what did you expect?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2020, 12.15:39   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Quote:

Just have to disagree with you, as your assessment as usual was grossly exaggerated. What was Ricketts words early days 'if it ain't brokedont fix it', he knew he was getting a good starting platform so I wouldn't dismiss the changes Keates introduced to get us to that position.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.17:12   #51-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Just have to disagree with you, as your assessment as usual was grossly exaggerated. What was Ricketts words early days 'if it ain't brokedont fix it', he knew he was getting a good starting platform so I wouldn't dismiss the changes Keates introduced to get us to that position.
Which part is grossly exaggerated?
Old 13th February 2020, 12.25:08   #52-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Quote:
Which part is grossly exaggerated?
Ricketts is miles and miles better than Keates.

Time will tell who ends up being the most successful (although football management is very much down to luck and the breaks you get) but for now they are both rookie managers, trying to turn clubs around who have fallen from where they are expected to be or where they were a season or so back.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.46:12   #53-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Ricketts is miles and miles better than Keates.

Time will tell who ends up being the most successful (although football management is very much down to luck and the breaks you get) but for now they are both rookie managers, trying to turn clubs around who have fallen from where they are expected to be or where they were a season or so back.
I agree they are both Rookie managers, unfortunately our present rookie manager does not appear to be learning from mistakes and his career in a short space of time has gone backwards, his record alone at Walsall was good enough a reason to not to bring him back.

We should of gone for experience they aren't all like Mills who after all was just a journeyman at non league level and still with 1970s football mentality of a drinking culture.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2020, 12.57:30   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

Keates has inherited a better squad than last time, hardly pulling up trees. Plus many of this squad were in Ricketts.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.04:06.