Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2020, 11.59:32   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bobby Grant (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Just have to disagree with you, as your assessment as usual was grossly exaggerated. What was Ricketts words early days 'if it ain't brokedont fix it', he knew he was getting a good starting platform so I wouldn't dismiss the changes Keates introduced to get us to that position.
He saw what was broke, the board wouldnt fix it and off he went to Shrewsbury.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.09:53   #56-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Ricketts is miles and miles better than Keates.

Time will tell who ends up being the most successful (although football management is very much down to luck and the breaks you get) but for now they are both rookie managers, trying to turn clubs around who have fallen from where they are expected to be or where they were a season or so back.
He is miles better and its blindingly obvious, its only your blind loyalty to everything Wrexham Fc that's stopping you giving an honest opinion. Its the same with certain players, you think every player here is great and cannot admit to a Wrexham player being absolute shite. I could understand if you were an 11 year old child... for an adult though . worrying.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.19:28   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Keates has inherited a better squad than last time, hardly pulling up trees. Plus many of this squad were in Ricketts.
I don't disagree with this, but it still had a losing mindset and needed a big overhaul mid season.

It's the claim Ricketts was proven as far more successful here than Keates that is only opinion and not 'Fact'. Both left us in difficult circumstances but both are football managers and would be slated for lacking ambition if they didn't take their job offers.

Remember the early days of Brian Flynn and Dennis Smith, they were both given time to get it right and now Keates is back he should be given time. If we go down then he should be sacked but if he keeps us up then let's see where some stability will take us.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.26:42   #58-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
He is miles better and its blindingly obvious, its only your blind loyalty to everything Wrexham Fc that's stopping you giving an honest opinion. Its the same with certain players, you think every player here is great and cannot admit to a Wrexham player being absolute shite. I could understand if you were an 11 year old child... for an adult though . worrying.
They are usually in response to you slagging each and every player and when have I said any of our players are great. You dont seem to grasp we have NL players with only a few good are good enough to play higher in the pyramid whereas I appreciate the varied attributes some players bring to a NL squad.
Old 13th February 2020, 12.55:32   #59-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
They are usually in response to you slagging each and every player and when have I said any of our players are great. You dont seem to grasp we have NL players with only a few good are good enough to play higher in the pyramid whereas I appreciate the varied attributes some players bring to a NL squad.
LOL. Never have I slagged 'each and every player'.

Its got nothing to do with whether they are good enough to play higher, that's stupid.
Its if they are good enough for us now and what they contribute to the team against what's expected from the position they play.

Case in point Mr Rutherford, who rarely scores or assists yet you rate him and all you can bang on about is his 'work rate' which speaks volumes.
Only an absolute lunatic would even attempt to defend his woeful stats. Your delusion is quite frightening. Father Christmas isn't real either you know..
Old 13th February 2020, 13.16:58   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Quote:
LOL. Never have I slagged 'each and every player'.

Its got nothing to do with whether they are good enough to play higher, that's stupid.
Its if they are good enough for us now and what they contribute to the team against what's expected from the position they play.

Case in point Mr Rutherford, who rarely scores or assists yet you rate him and all you can bang on about is his 'work rate' which speaks volumes.
Only an absolute lunatic would even attempt to defend his woeful stats. Your delusion is quite frightening. Father Christmas isn't real either you know..
Your stats dont tell the full picture, it's what players bring to the squad and the team and Rutherford brings his fair share. He lacks exceptional pace and composure in the box but over the last few years he has been consistently better than a number of other fancied midfielders/wingers . I always maintain if we have players who can keep him on the bench then great but managers not just Keates trust him for a reason.

Last edited by davewilli; 13th February 2020 at 13.21:22..
Old 13th February 2020, 13.23:21   #61-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Your stats dont tell the full picture, it's what players bring to the squad and the team and Rutherford brings his fair share. He lacks pace and composure in the box but over the last few years he has been consistently better than a number of other fancied midfielders/wingers . I always maintain if we have players who can keep him on the bench then great but managers not just Keates trust him for a reason.
And its also one of the reasons we're still in this league.

And they are not 'my stats', they are his stats.
He's supposed to bring goals and assists, he doesn't. He runs about a lot achieving the grand total of fck all. End of debate.

I bet you rated Bakare too
Old 13th February 2020, 16.19:21   #62-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
And its also one of the reasons we're still in this league.

And they are not 'my stats', they are his stats.
He's supposed to bring goals and assists, he doesn't. He runs about a lot achieving the grand total of fck all. End of debate.

I bet you rated Bakare too

I bet he sponsored Massankas shirt for a season.
Old 13th February 2020, 16.31:22   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I don't disagree with this, but it still had a losing mindset and needed a big overhaul mid season.

It's the claim Ricketts was proven as far more successful here than Keates that is only opinion and not 'Fact'. Both left us in difficult circumstances but both are football managers and would be slated for lacking ambition if they didn't take their job offers.

Remember the early days of Brian Flynn and Dennis Smith, they were both given time to get it right and now Keates is back he should be given time. If we go down then he should be sacked but if he keeps us up then let's see where some stability will take us.
With Brain Flynn and Dennis Smith you either knew the plan or could see one, I'm afraid with Dean Keates I don't see one.

One week we play a more expansive game and win, then after revert back to negative football. Lumping it long, expecting a striker to hold the ball up when that's not their game etc.

The issues go deeper than the manager, players should be improving when they join us, instead they regress.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th February 2020 at 16.33:09..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.34:41.