Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th February 2020, 20.38:11   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Injury updates for Torquay United match

At last - some fantastic news that could define our season.

DK is fully optimistic that Shaun Pearson will be fit for Saturday - this is massive after reports were aired yesterday that he was seen limping around the Maelor and some were suggesting he could be out for the season.

Secondly, the not so good news - James Jennings goes in for an operation on his knee ligaments (tomorrow - Wednesday).
Lets wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery.

Having flashbacks of a long ago promotion season under Flynnie when one Gary Bennett picked up an injury in the run in - can anyone remember the exact details ? I think they arranged for him to do sessions in a decrompression chamber as used by divers who have suspected bends - apparently saturates the blood stream with high levels of oxygen which accelerates recovery - anyway it worked for Benno who returned to action before the season ended - can't say I have heard of this type of 'treatment' since - perhaps a one off - any doctors in our midst ?
Old 11th February 2020, 20.39:03   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Default Re: Injury updates for Torquay United match

News source to the above story in relation to the players : Leader Rich
Old 11th February 2020, 21.07:55   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Injury to Danny Wright in a game he should have been rested in 2013 in effect caused us to lose out in the play off final, so good to hear Pearson’s injury is not serious as we really need him through the last quarter of the season.
Old 11th February 2020, 21.25:02   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not seen or heard anything about Carrington - rumour was the boot cast fitted to his right ankle was more precautionary.
Old 12th February 2020, 07.06:38   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
At last - some fantastic news that could define our season.

DK is fully optimistic that Shaun Pearson will be fit for Saturday - this is massive after reports were aired yesterday that he was seen limping around the Maelor and some were suggesting he could be out for the season.

Secondly, the not so good news - James Jennings goes in for an operation on his knee ligaments (tomorrow - Wednesday).
Lets wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery.

Having flashbacks of a long ago promotion season under Flynnie when one Gary Bennett picked up an injury in the run in - can anyone remember the exact details ? I think they arranged for him to do sessions in a decrompression chamber as used by divers who have suspected bends - apparently saturates the blood stream with high levels of oxygen which accelerates recovery - anyway it worked for Benno who returned to action before the season ended - can't say I have heard of this type of 'treatment' since - perhaps a one off - any doctors in our midst ?
I remember the Gary Bennett compression chamber injury. was a broken bone in his foot if I recall.
Old 12th February 2020, 07.44:37   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: PADDOCK

My son who plays Rugby for Southport 1st 1V has sustained 2 lots of muscular abdomen injuries recently, the club paid for him to attend a cryo chamber in Formby for 4 sessions. He said the freezing for 2 minutes allows the blood to flow quickly back to the affected muscles thus reinvigorating them and speeding up the healing process, He returned to action much quicker than i expected. Basically, it works.
Old 12th February 2020, 08.01:37   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
News source to the above story in relation to the players : Leader Rich
Rich of the Leader can't speak to the players very often.Jenno told me last Friday he was going in for op on wed unless of course he's been told not to leak news until told to do so?hmm.
Old 12th February 2020, 08.36:14   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Big difference between a ligament and cartilage injury

No way 8 to 10 weeks after knee ligament surgery
Cartilage recovery is typically 8 to 10 weeks

So it all depends on the precise nature of the injury. An impact injury is more likely to be cartilage. Whereas a twisting action on the knee is more likely to affect the ligaments

Not a medical person, but have had both injuries.
Old 12th February 2020, 08.58:10   #9-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

If the weather forecast is right there will be more neck injuries on Saturday.
I'm sure we'll play the windy conditions as well as we did against D & R

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.53:29.