RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115412-communications-failures-these-priorities-discussed.html)

Kiddy Dragon 13th February 2020 17.55:07

Re: Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed?

[QUOTE=techender;2343297]Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.[/QUOTE]

At last some sense.

fluffysheepsupporter 13th February 2020 18.01:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2343387]That thread is littered with the usual jaw dropping ignorance from the usual brain washed pyjama wearers. This is an absolute gem from the WST chief of sand:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.

Jaded 13th February 2020 18.18:30

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406] I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. [/QUOTE]

Agreed. However it's a real shame that their response to NWD trying to collate a bunch of people's questions together and remove duplicates was to avoid answering any of them! If they do another Q & A, they'll be likely to receive significantly more duplicates because of this.

I think it's a shame that you and, in your view, most others ignored the Q & A. Are you voting in the WST elections this summer? If so, wouldn't you want to be as knowledgeable as possible about what's been happening, especially what contributions have been made by club board members standing for re-election to the Trust board?

benwilliams 13th February 2020 18.35:40

[QUOTE=michaelps;2343396]Many of the points raised are important but all insignificant comparing to not getting relegated which is right now probably 50/50 and if it happens will finish the club in any meaningful sense.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this, fight the board battle again from the end of April
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 13th February 2020 19.23:17

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406]Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.[/QUOTE]

When somebody had the foresight to try and prevent the repetition they largely ignored those questions...

When offered help years ago to do similar by myself that offer ofhelp was ignored by John Mills

They should not get any sympathy, all their own making

As for face to face, only done so no evidence exists should they get caught telling porkies again and a spectacular waste of time. Which is even more pointless than the Q&A, answering the same questions to individuals, rather than once to multiples.

How will they fit it in, they all seem to do an 70+ hour week including work, saving us 50k a year per person. What Heroes, I know people who do more and still don't have time to p*ss about sending malicious emails.

Phils-an-alki 14th February 2020 07.33:16

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406]Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.[/QUOTE]

Ignorance is bliss.

Welsh Kiwi 16th February 2020 07.03:02

[QUOTE=techender;2343297]Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

[B]The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.[/B]

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I would venture that there is a community element in any football club, wether it is privately owned by a wealthy benefactor or a club owned and run by its fans.

I would also imagine there are probably some current board members of WST and WAFC who don't necessarily support WAFC as their first club and their priority allegiance in terms of supporting a club might possibly lay elsewhere.

But in any company scenario, your role as a director or board member is to achieve the greatest possible result for the organisation you represent.

For WST board members you could consider this might be making WAFC as financially secure as possible with long term security and helping WAFC to be as successful as possible on and off the pitch, while juggling a much reduced budget compared to the elite rich clubs. Salford FC etc. Not an easy task.

For WAFC board members you could consider this responsibility might be to ensure the Football club is given the best possible opportunity to achieve success in its core activity. That is in a simple pie graph, to win more football matches than we lose or draw and in doing so to gain promotion.

Everything else has to be secondary to that or the core activity will cease to exist.

Prodigal Dragon 16th February 2020 09.00:01

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Whilst I agree that our performances and position in the table must be the club’s No1 priority, it is not possible to kiss off all other issues entirely. The running of the club continues regardless whether we are top or bottom, merely the focus and prioritisation should change.

IMHO, it all hinges on having an organization suitable for the task, and folk who have time, application and the right skill-sets to make things happen. Our organization is not fit-for-purpose, and the Board has seemingly made some crass decisions that they believe to be in the club’s best interest.

Many fans disagree with their actions and are frustrated by their denials.

Willywill 16th February 2020 09.20:02

When looking at why we are so poor, on the pitch, this season, we can see that the answer is complicated. The board have made bad decisions on Team Manager, and from there, poor players have been signed.
Under achieving players get sent on loan, bad managers get sacked. What happens to the Board of Directors that sanction all this? Yet, some of them are planning on re election in June. Honestly!
Watch the Paroachial Church Council meetings on the "Vicar of Dibley", and similarities can be seen.
They have to realise, its not the local Bowling Club that they are running, its Wrexham AFC, and the fans should be having more influence than they being allowed.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.38:30.