Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2020, 18.55:07   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great FOOTBALL club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.
At last some sense.
Old 13th February 2020, 19.01:19   #20-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
That thread is littered with the usual jaw dropping ignorance from the usual brain washed pyjama wearers. This is an absolute gem from the WST chief of sand:
Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.
Old 13th February 2020, 19.18:30   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition.
Agreed. However it's a real shame that their response to NWD trying to collate a bunch of people's questions together and remove duplicates was to avoid answering any of them! If they do another Q & A, they'll be likely to receive significantly more duplicates because of this.

I think it's a shame that you and, in your view, most others ignored the Q & A. Are you voting in the WST elections this summer? If so, wouldn't you want to be as knowledgeable as possible about what's been happening, especially what contributions have been made by club board members standing for re-election to the Trust board?
Old 13th February 2020, 19.35:40   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
Many of the points raised are important but all insignificant comparing to not getting relegated which is right now probably 50/50 and if it happens will finish the club in any meaningful sense.
Agree with this, fight the board battle again from the end of April
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2020, 20.23:17   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.
When somebody had the foresight to try and prevent the repetition they largely ignored those questions...

When offered help years ago to do similar by myself that offer ofhelp was ignored by John Mills

They should not get any sympathy, all their own making

As for face to face, only done so no evidence exists should they get caught telling porkies again and a spectacular waste of time. Which is even more pointless than the Q&A, answering the same questions to individuals, rather than once to multiples.

How will they fit it in, they all seem to do an 70+ hour week including work, saving us 50k a year per person. What Heroes, I know people who do more and still don't have time to p*ss about sending malicious emails.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th February 2020 at 20.31:21..
Old 14th February 2020, 08.33:16   #24-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss.
Old 16th February 2020, 08.03:02   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great FOOTBALL club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.
Good point.

I would venture that there is a community element in any football club, wether it is privately owned by a wealthy benefactor or a club owned and run by its fans.

I would also imagine there are probably some current board members of WST and WAFC who don't necessarily support WAFC as their first club and their priority allegiance in terms of supporting a club might possibly lay elsewhere.

But in any company scenario, your role as a director or board member is to achieve the greatest possible result for the organisation you represent.

For WST board members you could consider this might be making WAFC as financially secure as possible with long term security and helping WAFC to be as successful as possible on and off the pitch, while juggling a much reduced budget compared to the elite rich clubs. Salford FC etc. Not an easy task.

For WAFC board members you could consider this responsibility might be to ensure the Football club is given the best possible opportunity to achieve success in its core activity. That is in a simple pie graph, to win more football matches than we lose or draw and in doing so to gain promotion.

Everything else has to be secondary to that or the core activity will cease to exist.
Old 16th February 2020, 10.00:01   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:

Whilst I agree that our performances and position in the table must be the club’s No1 priority, it is not possible to kiss off all other issues entirely. The running of the club continues regardless whether we are top or bottom, merely the focus and prioritisation should change.

IMHO, it all hinges on having an organization suitable for the task, and folk who have time, application and the right skill-sets to make things happen. Our organization is not fit-for-purpose, and the Board has seemingly made some crass decisions that they believe to be in the club’s best interest.

Many fans disagree with their actions and are frustrated by their denials.
Old 16th February 2020, 10.20:02   #27-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

When looking at why we are so poor, on the pitch, this season, we can see that the answer is complicated. The board have made bad decisions on Team Manager, and from there, poor players have been signed.
Under achieving players get sent on loan, bad managers get sacked. What happens to the Board of Directors that sanction all this? Yet, some of them are planning on re election in June. Honestly!
Watch the Paroachial Church Council meetings on the "Vicar of Dibley", and similarities can be seen.
They have to realise, its not the local Bowling Club that they are running, its Wrexham AFC, and the fans should be having more influence than they being allowed.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.52:11.