RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115412-communications-failures-these-priorities-discussed.html)

The Only Way Is Up 13th February 2020 04.30:30

Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed?

Many seem to feel that communications from the club regarding things like football news, injuries, new players or targets, performances and so on are lacking.

The Minutes of the December Board Meeting included the following item:

"[B]Communications[/B]

Communications UpdateDec2019.pdf (which could not be read as it is a "secret" file)

Discussions around Q&A.

[B]Positive exercise. One or two minor challenges[/B], including a small number of emails containing a huge number of questions.

SH and SSH both think that we should make invitation to him to come in to have the questions answered. Agreed by the board.

ACTION: Board to respond to individual who asked 81 questions with an invitation to discuss matters in person."

I make that a total of 4 short paragraphs to tell us what's going on.

Some fans (ok - many fans) have criticised the emphasis placed by the Board on "community" actions. Is that fair? Well, if the time spent on them, and the comparison with football matters is anything to go by, the critics might well be right!

Here's the relevant extract from the same meeting's Minutes:

"[B]7. Community Group [/B]

text_2019-12-16.pdf (another "secret" file)

Junior Dragons Christmas Party went well.
SSH – thank you to Dean and the team. They were there for 11.00am and for the duration of the party.
SSH – a number of players brought their own children and they really enjoyed it.
SSH – really positive feedback. All the parents gave good feedback.
Feedback positive on social media.
Christmas Cards have gone out. Positive feedback on social media about this.
SSH – players were really good with the children.
SH – Welsh translation didn’t translate and didn’t make sense. Translated literally
GJ – if we do the work now, it will be fine for 2020.
SH – ask SH to do translation.

Grant applied for, up to £500.00, from Football v Homophobia. Will cover the cost of the kit.
Kits will be auctioned off after to raise money.
SSH – specific cause. Homeless in Wrexham?

SL - Louise Englefield from Football v Homophobia to attend Torquay game on 15th. Helen Hardy to attend

SL - Hospital visit happened today. Went well. Gemma Hogan taken up there. Big thanks to Geoff and Commercial. More stock from the shop taken. More presents Wrexham AFC related.

SL – To arrange meeting with DSA. They proposed this Friday. Urge progress with the second platform.

SL – Taken over running of existing platform from DSA which is being run smoothly. Bulk of same people running the platform. Only cost to the club is supply of tea and coffee.

SL – arrange meeting with Public Health Wales in the New Year.

SL – Gresford Colliery shirts downstairs ready for presentation on Boxing Day. Publicity shot in front of the wheel in Gresford. They will have all three framed shirts.

SSH – when are supporters’ group to receive match worn shirt? PJ to speak to Geoff Scott.

GJ – disabled platform plans with Phil Salmon. Original plans rejected by WCBC. Plans re-drawn. He has the materials to build, and it is ready to put together. On board meeting agenda for tomorrow night. New plans are better. Have full support of Dave Sharp (planning officer). Blessing of all the people that could stop it happening. Kit is three-quarters assembled in workshop. Matter of days assembling it on site here. Plans just need to be approved by Council.

ACTION: PJ to speak to Geoff Scott about supporters’ group receiving match worn shirt."

I lost count of the paragraphs but the length of the report speaks volumes.

I'm not suggesting that the subjects covered are unimportant, but merely asking if they have their priorities right...

The Method Maws 13th February 2020 08.03:36

Re: Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed?

It's hard to answer without seeing the full minutes/agenda.

Community group is point 7, so that must be lower priority than what was in the 6 other items. Impossible to make a comparison when we dont know how much time was spent discussing each point.

Which parts of the community would you stop doing if you were on the board? The hospital visit? Disabled platform? I imagine they would get criticised if they did

Who asks 81 questions? At least whoever it is now has the chance to go and ask the board

FieldtownRed 13th February 2020 08.12:37

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2343291]It's hard to answer without seeing the full minutes/agenda.

Community group is point 7, so that must be lower priority than what was in the 6 other items. Impossible to make a comparison when we dont know how much time was spent discussing each point.

Which parts of the community would you stop doing if you were on the board? The hospital visit? Disabled platform? I imagine they would get criticised if they did

Who asks 81 questions? At least whoever it is now has the chance to go and ask the board[/QUOTE]

Surely it's common knowledge that the 81 questions were collated by someone on here and then sent on to the board? And surely the board are aware of this?

Or have I got this wrong?

The Method Maws 13th February 2020 08.16:21

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2343294]Surely it's common knowledge that the 81 questions were collated by someone on here and then sent on to the board? And surely the board are aware of this?

Or have I got this wrong?[/QUOTE]

Its only common knowledge if you read every post on RP.

Was it stated at the start of the email sent to the board that this was the case? If so they should be aware of it

techender 13th February 2020 08.17:21

Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.

The Only Way Is Up 13th February 2020 09.45:09

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2343291]It's hard to answer without seeing the full minutes/agenda.

Who asks 81 questions? At least whoever it is now has the chance to go and ask the board[/QUOTE]

If this was a criticism from the club to a message posted to shine a light on some of the issues that many fans have complained about, I'm sure that someone would tell the author of that criticism to get off his backside and look at the full Minutes on the WST website.

The positioning of an Agenda item does not necessarily reflect its importance, and is certainly not a prerequisite of good business practice.

Returning to those particular Minutes, you have completely ignored the main thrust of comparing the two items: Whereas the Communications section communicates virtually nothing, the Community section goes into considerable detail. While some do criticise the Board for focussing too closely on community inclusion, many more criticise them for failing to let the fans know what is being done to reverse the appalling results of matches, and to remedy our current relegation threat.

If focussing on the fact that reading about "Christmas cards having been sent out with positive media responses" is more important to you than being informed about what the Club is doing to try to avoid relegation, (about which there was very little Minuted other than five minor points in a different section, with information hidden instead within a "secret" file) then you are entitled to your opinion. I'd venture that thousands of fans would disagree with you though!

There are many fans who grumble without telling the decision makers what they are unhappy about. What difference should it make if one fan asks 81 questions, rather than 81 fans asking one question each? He showed more initiative in taking that step than the other 80 fans who stayed silent! Agreed?

Jaded 13th February 2020 09.46:09

[QUOTE=The Method Maws]

They were collated by someone to avoid duplication. You know this, as you posted in the thread he started following the Q & A!

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115123-q-review-%7C-your-thoughts-your-question-answered-3.html#post2328682[/url]

Jaded 13th February 2020 09.47:14

Also how hard is it to make sure that the Welsh on the Christmas cards makes sense?!

Phils-an-alki 13th February 2020 09.56:15

[QUOTE=Jaded;2343322]They were collated by someone to avoid duplication. You know this, as you posted in the thread he started following the Q & A!

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115123-q-review-%7C-your-thoughts-your-question-answered-3.html#post2328682[/url][/QUOTE]

Ouch!

Phils-an-alki 13th February 2020 09.58:18

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2343296]Its only common knowledge if you read every post on RP.

Was it stated at the start of the email sent to the board that this was the case? If so they should be aware of it[/QUOTE]

1/10 - Feeble effort.

crazywelsh 13th February 2020 10.17:44

[QUOTE=techender;2343297]Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when people who shouldn’t be involved in a football club or business get involved it fails miserably.

northwalian dragon 13th February 2020 13.01:14

Wasn't Carl Hogan supposed to be in charge of improving communications?

I know he stated his intention to resign in Decemeber stating he'd stay on until a replacement was found. Has his position been advertised?

Cenotaff 13th February 2020 15.22:18

[QUOTE=Jaded;2343322]They were collated by someone to avoid duplication. You know this, as you posted in the thread he started following the Q & A!

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115123-q-review-%7C-your-thoughts-your-question-answered-3.html#post2328682[/url][/QUOTE]

:hurray:

The Method Maws 13th February 2020 15.34:07

A thread from 2 months ago? Can't remember that. Maybe I have more going on in my life then spending all my time on RP :hurray:

Jaded 13th February 2020 15.48:02

[QUOTE=The Method Maws;2343383]A thread from 2 months ago? Can't remember that. Maybe I have more going on in my life then spending all my time on RP :hurray:[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should try and be more informed before you comment; search function is always helpful. :hurray:

Phils-an-alki 13th February 2020 16.14:08

That thread is littered with the usual jaw dropping ignorance from the usual brain washed pyjama wearers. This is an absolute gem from the WST chief of sand:

[QUOTE][I]Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter [/I]
[B]Firstly I have not read any of the questions or answers.[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Ignorance is bliss[/COLOR] The whole idea got completely out of hand and for NWD it has clearly annoyed him even more because the answers do not suit him. [COLOR="red"]He didn't get any answers you div:eek:[/COLOR] For me it is very simple [COLOR="red"]It would have to be[/COLOR]. We appointed a trust, voted in a board to run it , and if members don't like the board they have to be voted out. I would then expect those who vote them out to step in and do all the work of those who had left .[COLOR="red"]Clueless, ignorant and plain fcking stupid[/COLOR] That IMHO would not happen. There are no signs of a well organised take over process so this current fuss about the way the club is run is only serving to give some keyboard warriors potential and unnecessary heart attacks.[/QUOTE]

Corner Flag 13th February 2020 16.52:33

[QUOTE=techender;2343297]Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.[/QUOTE]

Agrees so many people who champion this so called "community" club thing have lost sight of the number one thing of importance which is the football !!! I am all for helping others when ever I can and fully supported the first disabled platform but we must concentrate for a while on the football and its mismanagement for a while.

michaelps 13th February 2020 16.54:53

Many of the points raised are important but all insignificant comparing to not getting relegated which is right now probably 50/50 and if it happens will finish the club in any meaningful sense.

Kiddy Dragon 13th February 2020 17.55:07

At last some sense.

fluffysheepsupporter 13th February 2020 18.01:19

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2343387]That thread is littered with the usual jaw dropping ignorance from the usual brain washed pyjama wearers. This is an absolute gem from the WST chief of sand:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.

Jaded 13th February 2020 18.18:30

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406] I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. [/QUOTE]

Agreed. However it's a real shame that their response to NWD trying to collate a bunch of people's questions together and remove duplicates was to avoid answering any of them! If they do another Q & A, they'll be likely to receive significantly more duplicates because of this.

I think it's a shame that you and, in your view, most others ignored the Q & A. Are you voting in the WST elections this summer? If so, wouldn't you want to be as knowledgeable as possible about what's been happening, especially what contributions have been made by club board members standing for re-election to the Trust board?

benwilliams 13th February 2020 18.35:40

[QUOTE=michaelps;2343396]Many of the points raised are important but all insignificant comparing to not getting relegated which is right now probably 50/50 and if it happens will finish the club in any meaningful sense.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this, fight the board battle again from the end of April
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 13th February 2020 19.23:17

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406]Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.[/QUOTE]

When somebody had the foresight to try and prevent the repetition they largely ignored those questions...

When offered help years ago to do similar by myself that offer ofhelp was ignored by John Mills

They should not get any sympathy, all their own making

As for face to face, only done so no evidence exists should they get caught telling porkies again and a spectacular waste of time. Which is even more pointless than the Q&A, answering the same questions to individuals, rather than once to multiples.

How will they fit it in, they all seem to do an 70+ hour week including work, saving us 50k a year per person. What Heroes, I know people who do more and still don't have time to p*ss about sending malicious emails.

Phils-an-alki 14th February 2020 07.33:16

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2343406]Thanks for the quote again . Made me think even more about it and the recent examples of War and Peace on here. Still think the Q and A exercise was pointless and no more than an enormous amount of text which most like me ignored. I actually felt sorry for the Board having to go through such a mountain of repetition. Pleased to know now that you have your meeting to ask questions face to face.[/QUOTE]

Ignorance is bliss.

Welsh Kiwi 16th February 2020 07.03:02

[B]The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great [B]FOOTBALL[/B] club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.[/B]

Good point.

I would venture that there is a community element in any football club, wether it is privately owned by a wealthy benefactor or a club owned and run by its fans.

I would also imagine there are probably some current board members of WST and WAFC who don't necessarily support WAFC as their first club and their priority allegiance in terms of supporting a club might possibly lay elsewhere.

But in any company scenario, your role as a director or board member is to achieve the greatest possible result for the organisation you represent.

For WST board members you could consider this might be making WAFC as financially secure as possible with long term security and helping WAFC to be as successful as possible on and off the pitch, while juggling a much reduced budget compared to the elite rich clubs. Salford FC etc. Not an easy task.

For WAFC board members you could consider this responsibility might be to ensure the Football club is given the best possible opportunity to achieve success in its core activity. That is in a simple pie graph, to win more football matches than we lose or draw and in doing so to gain promotion.

Everything else has to be secondary to that or the core activity will cease to exist.

Prodigal Dragon 16th February 2020 09.00:01

Whilst I agree that our performances and position in the table must be the club’s No1 priority, it is not possible to kiss off all other issues entirely. The running of the club continues regardless whether we are top or bottom, merely the focus and prioritisation should change.

IMHO, it all hinges on having an organization suitable for the task, and folk who have time, application and the right skill-sets to make things happen. Our organization is not fit-for-purpose, and the Board has seemingly made some crass decisions that they believe to be in the club’s best interest.

Many fans disagree with their actions and are frustrated by their denials.

Willywill 16th February 2020 09.20:02

When looking at why we are so poor, on the pitch, this season, we can see that the answer is complicated. The board have made bad decisions on Team Manager, and from there, poor players have been signed.
Under achieving players get sent on loan, bad managers get sacked. What happens to the Board of Directors that sanction all this? Yet, some of them are planning on re election in June. Honestly!
Watch the Paroachial Church Council meetings on the "Vicar of Dibley", and similarities can be seen.
They have to realise, its not the local Bowling Club that they are running, its Wrexham AFC, and the fans should be having more influence than they being allowed.

dixienormous 16th February 2020 09.21:47

Spot on post.

Shove your 'community' bollocks out of the window for god sake.
We're a football club. Take care of that and you can fanny around with community schemes later.

LlayDragon 16th February 2020 11.47:35

We're no more a community club than many you can care to mention.

The idea that we're more 'community' than others is a complete red herring.

We are a nasty club.

swanseared 16th February 2020 16.03:04

Doesn't the Club board discuss the football stuff in their own meetings and give updates to the WST Board?

dixienormous 16th February 2020 16.35:21

[QUOTE=swanseared;2343912]Doesn't the Club board discuss the football stuff in their own meetings and give updates to the WST Board?[/QUOTE]

Football?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.42:19.