RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Youth team (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115413-youth-team.html)

Wxm fc home n away 13th February 2020 09.11:53

Youth team

Has anyone seen any youth team games this season is there any players who could do a job?

LlayDragon 13th February 2020 09.22:43

Re: Youth team

[QUOTE=Wxm fc home n away;2343293]Has anyone seen any youth team games this season is there any players who could do a job?[/QUOTE]

The youth players, like the rest of us, need to bide their time until Keates is gone.

It's highly possible that none of them are good enough yet, after all our youth scheme has been diminished almost to the point of insignificance. However, either way Keates has no interest in them.

Bagger Vance 13th February 2020 13.27:19

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2343299]The youth players, like the rest of us, need to bide their time until Keates is gone.

It's highly possible that none of them are good enough yet, after all our youth scheme has been diminished almost to the point of insignificance. However, either way Keates has no interest in them.[/QUOTE]

The youth team is only there to raise subscription revenue - normally at u16 in any establishment there are 1/3 to 1/2 offered scholarships maximum. In well run centres its about talent identity and concentrating coaching time into the best bets. This year every played bar 1 was offered, that is not talent management.

redavid 13th February 2020 14.19:36

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2343299]The youth players, like the rest of us, need to bide their time until Keates is gone.

It's highly possible that none of them are good enough yet, after all our youth scheme has been diminished almost to the point of insignificance. However, either way Keates has no interest in them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah to me Doug Tharme is better than some loanee`s But shipped out ( AGAIN )

redone 13th February 2020 15.01:16

sore subject this

Bissell 13th February 2020 21.12:14

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2343356]The youth team is only there to raise subscription revenue - normally at u16 in any establishment there are 1/3 to 1/2 offered scholarships maximum. In well run centres its about talent identity and concentrating coaching time into the best bets. This year every played bar 1 was offered, that is not talent management.[/QUOTE]

Very sad, but probably very close to the truth. It’s a moneymaker with very few in the set up ever getting anywhere near being good enough, sadly.

Rob Edwards 13th February 2020 21.53:22

A few months ago Bikerstaff was seemingly in contention
but nowhere to be seen now.
COE has ability to produce as shown by Patrick Jones and Cian Williams signing for Huddersfield and Swansea just this season.Think the departures of Horne and Bircham have resulted in the 'comedians on the Board taking their eye off the ball in respect of the COE.Remember an interview with Horne on Radio Wales where he stated that club wanted more of a focus on youth going forward.Did not happen but has gone worse since their departures.

John Neals Dynasty 13th February 2020 22.11:40

[QUOTE=redavid;2343364]Yeah to me Doug Tharme is better than some loanee`s But shipped out ( AGAIN )[/QUOTE]

Sargent is a good prospect to.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 13th February 2020 22.23:21

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2343441]Sargent is a good prospect to.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Hopefully, we can get to safety quickly and Sargent can get some game time as I dont think he has gone back out on loan.

Tharme just needs some game time out on loan which so far he hasnt been getting as I guess this summer will be decision time for him.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.03:00.