Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2020, 16.04:26   #91-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: No mandate yet to seek 'investment' - could be discussion what stake would have what price

I'm not sure of this comparing a football club to a normal business in which we would sell an equity share et .

The club needs to be sold for nothing, and the buyers 'price' would be a commitment to do x and put £y into the club.

Members could then vote on whether that is an acceptable proposition.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st February 2020, 16.30:27   #92-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: No mandate yet to seek 'investment' - could be discussion what stake would have what price

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2344859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post

BV - why would an investor want to match the WST £ for £ since aquasition? That would assume wise investment. Isn’t it more likely they would look at your assessment of the current position of the club you made earlier and say it’s worthless? A poorly led business with questionable expertise from top to bottom? This is what an investor invests in. If they improve the club through their money / expertise who else would input to it..... given their current business / football credentials aren’t exactly top drawer.
I agree with most of BV's points but on this one he has go put it wrong in my opinion. An investor will invest based on current value and future potential not on what has previously been invested. There is no way any investor would value even 100% of our club at the plus £1million the WST has invested.
Old 21st February 2020, 17.18:10   #93-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

I would say the only bit of interest to anyone is this.

Heart, mind and emotion and the financial benefit.

These are always the drivers in business and they feature in consumer products and brand services and storytelling an in entertainment and the film industry etc

They are also always the drivers in acquisitions and in acquiring shareholdings.

Some business minded people only care about the financial benefit, others will have a deeply rooted heartfelt connection.

The one thing I do particularly agree with BV is the potential investment and ROI on the youth players. This had been a thread running through the history of WAFC and has been the most vital cog that has continually kept our club afloat and also created our success.

The other element to consider is the heart and mind and emotion that is created by our youth. When you see a young player wearing our badge and going on to great things it resonates for a lifetime. Consider here Joey Jones and Mickey Thomas. They were both born in North Wales. They both played for Wrexham. They are both considered two of our greatest ever footballers. Their influence at Wrexham will never be forgotten. They also created a huge amount of money for Wrexham AFC as a brand asset.

My father always told me Arfon Griffiths was the greatest player he ever saw play for Wrexham. Arfon was also a proud local Wrexham man. Bootlegger would have loved that connection of localism at its finest.

Dad also went to just as many youth and reserve games as he did our main club games because he knew that by attending those games he would be seeing the future of our football club.

This is the reason our family gifted the WST / WAFC £5,000 to set up the Bob Clark Scholar Of The Year Award. The trophy is important as it gives the youth a recognised platform within the club, to go on and win many more trophies during their career. Its like placing a little acorn to grow an oak tree. If you don't nurture the acorn why on earth would you expect an oak tree to grow?

It was not a lot of money, but still it was enough to show our belief in the best area to build our foundations for the future.

We could have purchased advertising boards around the club, and made some sort of ego driven initiative, but why on earth do that ? Pryce did exactly that by naming the Pryce Griffiths stand after himself. Sadly when it all went so wrong for him, it was considered as an ego driven exercise and he went from being considered Mr Wrexham to Mr Judas. And after the events that unfolded it would be very hard to argue with any fans who felt that.

But rather than any power seeking director or chairman, its our local youth players who should be carrying our club forward and they should be the ones whose faces become our future household names.

Some may not understand me when I say this, but we would actually be far more successful by appointing Bootlegger as manager than continuing with our current trajectory.

The world has never seen a fan manger. It's also every fans fantasy. Bootlegger has an incredible following on social media.

I know it will never happen and I am just making the point.

We do need someone with a vision who understands Wrexham AFC like a Jock Stein or a Bill Shankly or a Jurgen Klopp or a John Neal.

Until we find that person we will never ever become great again.
Old 21st February 2020, 17.21:16   #94-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

I have noticed that two polls run by Richard Ulrich (one on Twitter, one on Wrexham AFC fans chat on Facebook) has seen an overwhelming majority wish for 49% of the club to be sold to a private investor. The fans want this.
Old 21st February 2020, 17.22:27   #95-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2344859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post

BV - why would an investor want to match the WST £ for £ since aquasition? That would assume wise investment. Isn’t it more likely they would look at your assessment of the current position of the club you made earlier and say it’s worthless? A poorly led business with questionable expertise from top to bottom? This is what an investor invests in. If they improve the club through their money / expertise who else would input to it..... given their current business / football credentials aren’t exactly top drawer.
To address your and Haruki’s points - I’m not saying you buy the club for the amount the Trust has input via share capital in traditional means I.e. paying the Trust the cash value. What I would propose is any new owner needs to match the Trusts capital input not by giving it to the Trust by way of payment (because they have nothing to spend it on) for ownership transfer but by way of share capital injection. Realistically some form of commitment is going to be needed to sate the fans, prove worth and get the vote won.

This business needs at least £1.5m to drive it forward and create capital headroom to fix some of the issues. Someone (or some people) get £1.5m together - guarantee it via share capital input on transaction completion and the Trust should sell. I think the members need to see that number to get the required votes
Old 21st February 2020, 17.26:26   #96-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
We do need someone with a vision who understands Wrexham AFC like a Jock Stein or a Bill Shankly or a Jurgen Klopp or a John Neal.

The current decision makers have no intention of being great again, you can’t go picking people like Bryan Hughes if you believe the club can be taken places.
Old 21st February 2020, 17.30:26   #97-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:

Some may not understand me when I say this, but we would actually be far more successful by appointing Bootlegger as manager than continuing with our current trajectory.

The world has never seen a fan manger. It's also every fans fantasy. Bootlegger has an incredible following on social media.

It would certainly result in a return of the drinking culture at the club 😊🍻😊🍻
Old 21st February 2020, 17.43:24   #98-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
I would say the only bit of interest to anyone is this.

Heart, mind and emotion and the financial benefit.

These are always the drivers in business and they feature in consumer products and brand services and storytelling an in entertainment and the film industry etc

They are also always the drivers in acquisitions and in acquiring shareholdings.

Some business minded people only care about the financial benefit, others will have a deeply rooted heartfelt connection.

The one thing I do particularly agree with BV is the potential investment and ROI on the youth players. This had been a thread running through the history of WAFC and has been the most vital cog that has continually kept our club afloat and also created our success.

The other element to consider is the heart and mind and emotion that is created by our youth. When you see a young player wearing our badge and going on to great things it resonates for a lifetime. Consider here Joey Jones and Mickey Thomas. They were both born in North Wales. They both played for Wrexham. They are both considered two of our greatest ever footballers. Their influence at Wrexham will never be forgotten. They also created a huge amount of money for Wrexham AFC as a brand asset.

My father always told me Arfon Griffiths was the greatest player he ever saw play for Wrexham. Arfon was also a proud local Wrexham man. Bootlegger would have loved that connection of localism at its finest.

Dad also went to just as many youth and reserve games as he did our main club games because he knew that by attending those games he would be seeing the future of our football club.

This is the reason our family gifted the WST / WAFC £5,000 to set up the Bob Clark Scholar Of The Year Award. The trophy is important as it gives the youth a recognised platform within the club, to go on and win many more trophies during their career. Its like placing a little acorn to grow an oak tree. If you don't nurture the acorn why on earth would you expect an oak tree to grow?

It was not a lot of money, but still it was enough to show our belief in the best area to build our foundations for the future.

We could have purchased advertising boards around the club, and made some sort of ego driven initiative, but why on earth do that ? Pryce did exactly that by naming the Pryce Griffiths stand after himself. Sadly when it all went so wrong for him, it was considered as an ego driven exercise and he went from being considered Mr Wrexham to Mr Judas. And after the events that unfolded it would be very hard to argue with any fans who felt that.

But rather than any power seeking director or chairman, its our local youth players who should be carrying our club forward and they should be the ones whose faces become our future household names.

Outside the box localism in football, magic!
Old 21st February 2020, 17.46:56   #99-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2344879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post

To address your and Haruki’s points - I’m not saying you buy the club for the amount the Trust has input via share capital in traditional means I.e. paying the Trust the cash value. What I would propose is any new owner needs to match the Trusts capital input not by giving it to the Trust by way of payment (because they have nothing to spend it on) for ownership transfer but by way of share capital injection. Realistically some form of commitment is going to be needed to sate the fans, prove worth and get the vote won.

This business needs at least £1.5m to drive it forward and create capital headroom to fix some of the issues. Someone (or some people) get £1.5m together - guarantee it via share capital input on transaction completion and the Trust should sell. I think the members need to see that number to get the required votes
Can BV anyone honestly believe someone is going to inject serious money into the club without 51%. It’s too much money.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.03:48.