Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th February 2020, 19.25:30   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Macron shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
It’s a tricky one this.

I raised this a year or so ago I think, and Geoff Scott gave an excellent, thorough and fair reply, on RP.

I can’t remember much from before each time I swim round my goldfish bowl LoL.

But I think the gist of it was the level of service to the club is second to none, vs the other manufacturers.

That’s in pricing, availability of replica shirts pre season rather than four months into the season (!), further batches always available on request (which the likes of Nike and Adidas and Umbro were poor on - basically once the initial batch had gone, getting any more was a nightmare), provision of other clothing for the season from macron is a wider range too (coats, rain jackets, training gear, shorts, etc), and I think some other pluses too, of working with Macron, which I can’t remember sorry.

I’m with the other fans here in feeling that some of the macron shirts aren’t so great. I do prefer my old Nike and Adidas replica shirts. Something about the quality of the material, I dunno. And yet I do have other macron gear for a couple of local clubs I have operated at, and those shirts, shorts and coats have aged very well!

Maybe as one of our fans suggested, we might have had an unlucky batch here and there, particularly with regard to the transfers for the Ifor Williams Trailers sponsor on the front. I’m sure the club and IWT themselves will be very disappointed to hear this, as it doesn’t reflect well on the sponsor does it. And let’s face it, IWT have been very good to us.

I’m sure the club will review this situation.

In my experience macron do try very hard to provide a good service, they’ll take the feedback on board, and look, they’ll go again next season! (Sorry, naughty!).

Sorry to hear of people’s bad experience, no one wants this, not the club, the fans, the kids.

I’m sure it will be seriously looked at.

Keep the faith, all. COYR.
Good post - fair and well said.

My son has numerous club shirts - none have posed a problem.

So are the problems others are encountering restricted to the sponsors chest label / sticker ?

To reiterate, my belief is exactly what you have said - Macron meet demand where others have repeatedly failed us.
Old 20th February 2020, 19.27:02   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post

So are the problems others are encountering restricted to the sponsors chest label / sticker ?

To reiterate, my belief is exactly what you have said - Macron meet demand where others have repeatedly failed us.
Aw thanks Red Light. I’m so thick I already forgot I typed that lol.
Cheers.
Old 20th February 2020, 19.37:53   #12-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Not sure why people are surprised Macron shirts are sh1t?

What did you expect?
Old 20th February 2020, 21.16:48   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:

The Potato logo was gone off all three in the first wash so not just restricted to the front. I remember the thread and Geoff defending and reasoning the Macron shirts but it never helped that we was left with three that looked tatty. Kids liked to be seen in the current shirt which we had but they looked like they was three years old.

I’m sure profit margins are higher individually per shirt but are we making more as I’m sure we will be selling considerably less as they are not a known brand and the quality issues.
Old 20th February 2020, 23.02:48   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Just had a look at my lads club shirt collection in detail.

Can't really find fault in them which go back a few seasons.

The AEC engineering logo on the back of the shirt has done as well as the sponsor logo on the front of the shirts - only issue is one has lost a bit of colour and instead of the blue and white print now looks blue and pink - perhaps as a result of the red dye in the shirt yet the white parts of the actual shirt are as they should be.

Going back to the black and white hooped anniversary shirt pre Macron I have looked at the labels - there are no washing instructions whatsoever - should there be ? These garments are not standard are they - composed of different materials and a contrast between the actual shirt and the material that makes up the sponsor badges and logo's. Perhaps Macron should be asked the question by the club when we are in negotiation with them ?

I do not know how the sponsor badges are affixed to the garment / shirt but presume it is some sort of adhesive glue - perhaps if subjected to a hot wash they start to fail faster than say a hand wash in cooler water ?

At £40 a shirt and some customer satisfaction dropping like a stone perhaps they should come up with answers - after all, if the fans lose confidence in the product both the club and Macron will suffer in a potential massive drop in sales.

Personally, I believe the shirts themselves in relation to material appear good quality and are well made - but there is clearly an issue with the transfer / sponsor logo's.

Is this a reoccurring problem with replica shirts made by other suppliers other than Macron ?
Old 20th February 2020, 23.17:14   #15-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

They are what they look with that transfer on the front Cheap and nasty, but over priced to buy cheap tat.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th February 2020, 23.25:36   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
They are what they look with that transfer on the front Cheap and nasty, but over priced to buy cheap tat.
Posted via mobile theme
I agree - the Ifor Williams log looks fine on a trailer - that's where it is well known and recognized from - but it looks bloody hideous across the front of a red shirt.

But what do we do ? take the sponsorship money and accept it / decline / persuade the sponsors to amend their logo design to something more appealing and fit for a sports / club shirt ?
Old 20th February 2020, 23.40:34   #17-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
I agree - the Ifor Williams log looks fine on a trailer - that's where it is well known and recognized from - but it looks bloody hideous across the front of a red shirt.

But what do we do ? take the sponsorship money and accept it / decline / persuade the sponsors to amend their logo design to something more appealing and fit for a sports / club shirt ?

To be honest I'm at the age where I see middle aged men with big beer guts walking around in football shirts a laugh, but each to their own.

I would not pay those prices anyway for a cheaply made T-shirt as to the logo I agree it looks like hideous blue on red, the Adidas Glyndwyr one looked quality well made.

But as said we aint going to give up a free jolly for the players and staff in Portugal.

They should be at home getting super fit running up sand dunes etc not to ponsing around on a freebie abroad.

Let's get back to the basics in pre-season.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st February 2020, 09.31:44   #18-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty;2344737

But as said we aint going to give up a free jolly for the players and staff in Portugal.

They should be at home getting super fit running up sand dunes etc not to ponsing around on a freebie abroad.
[size=1
Posted via mobile theme[/size]
Travel broadens the mind you should try it
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.10:46.