Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd February 2020, 09.39:46   #19-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: The fixtures ahead

Like him or not, Keates will be ultimately judged on keeping us up and the teams performance between now and the end of the season. So far we have seen a modest improvement (BH 1pts per game; DK 1.26pts per game inc improved goal difference) whilst undertaking significant changes to the playing squad over the last 6 weeks and if that improvement is maintained should see us finish above the bottom 4.

I know many wanted a bigger name or didnt want Keates back after previously walking out but in my opinion if we stay up then he should maintained and see where after years of instability with managers see where some stability takes us. Keates is no longer a rookie manager and should have learnt a great deal in his few managerial years and his experience in this league should mean he is a good bet as anyone to continue the improvements needed to get us where we expect to be. We have tried rookies and bigger personalities such as Little, Mills and Saunders and in my view if Keates has the buy in from his players, is our best bet.

This time last year Crewe & P Vale fans were baying for the manager's head both seen as the cheap option, but their board showed some patience and loyalty and are both reaping the rewards this season. Our history also proves the point, Denis Smith took us down in his first season and Brian Flynn took us to the foot of the FL, but we stuck with them and promotions followed.

Last edited by davewilli; 22nd February 2020 at 09.46:43..
Old 22nd February 2020, 09.56:47   #20-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readred View Post
You’re right, but also wrong. Because if we give Keates the boot, the board will probably go out and hire some young up and coming Netball coach as manager, and that would be even worse (somehow?)
Provided the netball coach is a beautiful female version I am prepared to give her a try - after all we have tried everything else

Imagine that, a woman appointed as Wrexham manager - go on Spencer I dare you !
Old 22nd February 2020, 10.05:40   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
You're joking right?!

Keates took over when we were 5th from bottom. He then dragged us all the way down to rock bottom. Last place. The lowest point in our history.

He consistently loses against teams in and around us dragging us deeper into a relegation scrap.

He's been absolute garbage since the day he came back and needs to be given the boot as a priority.

Well said he is a relegation expert, he could manage 2 successful relegations, he should be nowhere near the club after his last stint of brain dead hoofball.

Says it all when Dixie has to tell him to play with 2 forwards.

So what does he do he overloads the club with midfielders and no fit fullbacks... Idiot comes to mind, he thought we needed a right back when Carrington and Jennings were fit, now they're injured we have no fullbacks.
#onecircus
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 22nd February 2020 at 10.07:54..
Old 22nd February 2020, 11.20:33   #22-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Well said he is a relegation expert, he could manage 2 successful relegations, he should be nowhere near the club after his last stint of brain dead hoofball.

Says it all when Dixie has to tell him to play with 2 forwards.

So what does he do he overloads the club with midfielders and no fit fullbacks... Idiot comes to mind, he thought we needed a right back when Carrington and Jennings were fit, now they're injured we have no fullbacks.
#onecircus
Posted via mobile theme
Yes Walsall were relegated when he was there and I'm not saying he will ultimately be successful here, but zlot of good managers have been relegated with teams then gone on to have good careers. Walsall where in a poor state, hence why he got the job and he did manage to keep them up the first and since he departure they have continued going backwards so I wouldn't judge too much into his time there. Therefore he is no relegation expert at least not yet and as a player and captain he experienced a number of promotions so should have a good rounded understanding of both aspects now and in my view be as good as the next man to turn us around and get us back up the top of the league. If you can get past him leaving us, he proved he can turn it around here last time and this time the slight improvement results (fingers crossed) should keep us up. I just dont see the point of changing now or pre-season if want to build on that improvement. The football on show hasn't been great since Mill's early days but with the squad DK has available now should see better quality football and the main concern at this minute is shoring up the fragile defence.
Old 22nd February 2020, 11.40:25   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Yes Walsall were relegated when he was there and I'm not saying he will ultimately be successful here, but zlot of good managers have been relegated with teams then gone on to have good careers. Walsall where in a poor state, hence why he got the job and he did manage to keep them up the first and since he departure they have continued going backwards so I wouldn't judge too much into his time there. Therefore he is no relegation expert at least not yet and as a player and captain he experienced a number of promotions so should have a good rounded understanding of both aspects now and in my view be as good as the next man to turn us around and get us back up the top of the league. If you can get past him leaving us, he proved he can turn it around here last time and this time the slight improvement results (fingers crossed) should keep us up. I just dont see the point of changing now or pre-season if want to build on that improvement. The football on show hasn't been great since Mill's early days but with the squad DK has available now should see better quality football and the main concern at this minute is shoring up the fragile defence.
Says it all that success is seen by some as surviving the drop to the Northern section. Like Dixie at the members meeting who is looking to survive this season and start again next season.
Old 22nd February 2020, 11.59:19   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Says it all that success is seen by some as surviving the drop to the Northern section. Like Dixie at the members meeting who is looking to survive this season and start again next season.
But for this season that has to be and is the only goal - staying up - we have nothing else to set our sights at so need to throw the kitchen sink at achieving our target - if we can rebuild and start putting things in place in preparation for next season then all well and good but lets just ensure that we do enough to ensure there are four more teams below us.
Old 22nd February 2020, 12.17:44   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
No one is saying that, the target for every manager with our club with our budget has to be promotion and a minimum of achieving the play offs, but at the minute we have one goal staying up.
Old 22nd February 2020, 12.42:36   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
No one is saying that, the target for every manager with our club with our budget has to be promotion and a minimum of achieving the play offs, but at the minute we have one goal staying up.
Interesting times at the Alex Dave.. Ice Cream van man and an ex Evo Stick guy plus a retired banker add to that the fans input as well.
Could these guys take the Alex further ???
Old 22nd February 2020, 12.46:26   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

You say Walsall has continued to go backwards not to true, their manager said he inherited a very poor squad.. Who built that?

Keates experience of promotion as a player mean zilch compared to a manager.

The season he is left us with 8 games too go to Hometown club more money means zilch to we gave him a complete rookie his opportunity to manage and he walked out when in a promotion spot, so his CV reads not loyal and a relegation

His style of foot is basically pathetic, he has signed players one has 2 very good games and he drops him to the bench, meanwhile we have no fullbacks so signs another midfielder, gets told the obvious play 2 upfront by Dixie something that's been obvious for a few seasons.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.15:17.